Yugioh Arc-V: Another World

Copy and pasted from FanFiction.net:

[spoiler=Chapter 1]Disclaimer: I don't own YGO.

Author's Note: To be honest, I didn't believe that I'd be posting this again. However, this time it's re-vamped for OC cards and other stuff that people don't usually like. Ready for the hate from my other fic fans and the such. I still haven't completed that special for them yet, lol. I think I was about 1/4th in before I got stuck?

The protagonist's current deck will be a random generic mash, but it will develop more and more as the plot progresses.

Also, special eye powers are awesome. (Psyqualia, anyone?) =P

"Character thoughts"

"An awesome dragon's voice"

(Level or Rank/ATK/DEF)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: The Duelist Genesis

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"We... We trusted you, kid."

Ryusei Kazami stood bitterly beside his wife, Ayame Hikaryu, as they gazed upon the destruction on their beloved city; their home. Growling, Ryusei immediately activated his blue duel disk and slammed a card onto it. His usually calm, hazel eyes were now burning with rage.

Both Ayame and Ryusei had slim, but strong builds. Ayame's eyes contained red pupils, while Ryusei's eyes were dark hazels. While Ayame's hair had the colour of a dark blue, Ryusei instead had moderately spiky dark hair that was neatly combed.

They wore identical tracksuits, except Ayame's tracksuit was red with purple trimmings while his was blue and had white stripes. Their helmets also carried the same design and colour as their clothing.

"You will no longer cause any more havoc, Yamato! We will protect Neo Maiami City! Synchro Summon, Majestic Star Dragon!" Ryusei yelled as he held up a glowing card, which radiated pure neon-blue light.

A massive, aquamarine dragon with a trident-shaped head appeared from a portal that appeared behind Ryusei. It had four wings as replacements for arms, and radiated a presence like a beacon of hope. (10/3800/3000)

Yamato was now the leader of Retribution, the ancient organization whose sole purpose was to wipe away all life in existence. Being the younger brother of Ayame, he shared identical features with his sister like having red pupils and dark hair. However, his eyes radiated malice and evil, as opposed to Ayame's compassionate features.

He taunted the wounded couple, knowing that they had no way to stop him. They were simply too weak.

"Is this really the best of what the Lancers can do? Because I now call upon the reborn King of the Netherworld... Special Summon!"

Ryusei's eyes opened wide as he was impaled through by a unseen force, throwing him to the ground and making him cough out blood. A massive, dark void had appeared behind Yamato. Struggling to pick himself up, Ryusei attempted to wave away his wife, who was staring at the scene in horror as she tried to approach him.

Pleading, Ryusei felt himself weakening as more blood began to gush from his gaping abdomen. "Run... Please!"

"Oh no you don't, dear sister~"

Yamato materialized from the shadows behind Ayame and stabbed her in the chest with a blade made of pure darkness. Pulling the blade out, he grinned sadistically as Ayame weakly stroked his cheek before collapsing forward, leaving a trail of blood down his face.

"...Yamato!"

Ryusei screamed his rage and despair as he gave in to the sadness, slumping onto the ground in defeat. However, he froze in shock when he remembered their newborn son, who was still inside the house.

Who knew what would happen if Yamato manages to get his hands on him. He cannot let his brother-in-law find out about his newborn son's powers.

Gritting his teeth, Ryusei jammed a card into his duel disk as he picked himself up for the second time. Revenge was written all over his features. The card had a swirl of white stars in its art, with spectral figures moving in a circular direction in the background.

"I activate De-Synchro!"

Majestic Star Dragon turned into a spectral form, splitting into Stardust Dragon (8/2500/2000), Stardust Xiaolong (1/100/100), and Majestic Dragon (1/0/0).

Looking at Majestic Dragon, a peculiar, pink creature with only a pair of wings for arms, Ryusei whispered his final wish.

"Please... Save my son. Yuuji has to live, for Ayame and I, and for the next generation of Lancers."

Ryusei then reached into his pocket and tied a crystalline, circular trinket that was no bigger than a small biscuit to the pink dragon, which signified that their son was to be the next leader of the Lancers.

It was the remaining piece of the Chaos Insignia, the symbol of unity within the Lancers.

Sighing, Ryusei watched as Majestic Dragon flew away towards the building in which the child was being kept, escaping the battle. Turning to Yamato, he steeled his resolve as he thought of his dead comrades and wife.

Using the last of his strength, Ryusei activated Polymerization as he dropped to his knees. The Spell Card created a massive vortex that sucked in his Stardust Dragon and the dragons of his now deceased friends, using them as Fusion Material Monsters.

"Everyone... Thank you all for the time we have spent together. This is our final battle."

"I fuse together Stardust Dragon (8/2500/2000)! Red Dragon Archfiend (8/3000/2000)! Life Stream Dragon (8/2900/2400)! Ancient Fairy Dragon (7/2100/3000)! Black Winged Dragon (8/2800/1600)! And..."

Ryusei sadly looked to Ayame's lifeless body.

"Black Rose Dragon (7/2400/1800)!"

"Bring upon judgment, Crimson Dragon!" A massive, fiery red dragon rippling with pure energy emerged from the card in his hand, extending its powerful wings as it roared at its enemy. A dragonic symbol resembling Crimson Dragon also appeared on Ryusei's back. (12/?/?)

Yamato began laughing manically as he gazed upon the legendary dragon; his red pupils were now shining with bloodlust. "Yes! Come at me Ryusei! Show me all of your power! Satisfy me!"

Hopping onto the back of the shadow beast, Yamato's dark monster charged towards the Crimson Dragon, firing a blast of darkness. Crimson Dragon retaliated by firing its own blast of energy.

Colliding, the two devastating attacks caused an explosion of light that enveloped Neo Maiami city...

"Yuuji-chan~!"

The said boy woke up to the call of his caretaker and founder of Maiami Sweethearts, Hitsumi Haruko. Moaning, Yuuji ignored the call for a moment as he pulled the covers higher on his body.

"Five more seconds... Five more minutes... Five more hours... Days... Years..."

"It's your big day! Wouldn't want to sleep through Leo Duel School's entrance exams~" She continued to knock on his door for a few more minutes before her fading footsteps notified him that she was heading back downstairs.

"..."

Yuuji sighed as his eyes snapped open, reaching for the alarm clock beside him to check the time. It was 7:00 a.m. One hour until the examinations would begin.

It had already been sixteen years since he was found, and abandoned, at the front steps of Maiami Sweethearts. It was also his dream to amass a decent deck in hopes of entering the prestigious school founded by Leo Corporation and Kaiba Corp.

However, Yuuji was still grateful for the care that the founder has given to him all this time. Without her, he doubted that he would have been able to survive.

Picking himself up, Yuuji slipped on a white T-shirt with a blue tie and black jeans. A small, crystalline trinket hung from his neck, which seemed to have a kaleidoscopic effect when viewed under light. He smiled softly at its beauty.

"The only thing my parents left me with, huh."

He quietly stepped into the washroom that was shared by all the boys within the orphanage. The other boys were still asleep, and he also didn't want to make too much noise to annoy the girls on the other side.

Younger children were quite cranky in the mornings. Being the oldest at sixteen years of age, Yuuji had the responsibility to act as a big brother to look after all of them.

"I chose to stay here, in order to help out and pay back everything Ms. Haruko has done for me."

Brushing his teeth, Yuuji observed his appearance in the mirror. Dark hair, dark hazel eyes, and a light semi-beard was already forming on his face that he trimmed off with a disposable razor. Yuuji had already lost count of the amount of times he had to re-use it.

Most of the teenagers who reached fifteen or sixteen would have already left to pursue their own life in this city, whether it being an odd job or to attend a Duel School, or both. Life wasn't too bad within the city as employment could be found nearly anywhere, and the food prices were rather cheap.

Today, it was finally his turn, having turned sixteen a mere week ago.

Hitsumi Haruko was a very nice woman, although she loved to tease. Already in her mid-fifties, she had silvering blonde hair, lime-green eyes, and a tired face from taking care of so many children. Yuuji admired her for using all her late husband's savings in order to found this orphanage to take in any children in need.

"It's what he would've wanted." She always reminded them when the whole topic was brought up of why she is doing what she does.

"Takashi loved children. He would always help out orphans, even when our son mysteriously vanished one day. That was before he passed away..."

Hitsumi would always drift off after that. Yuuji always believed that nobody had enough heart to push her for more. It was apparent that her family had been through a large amount of grief over the years.

She served Yuuji up a humble breakfast of three eggs and a piece of buttered toast. Yuuji's eyes widened at the large portion of food.

"Three eggs?" He questioned, unsure why she gave him more food than usual. All the other children were just as hungry, if not more. The food wasn't too expensive, but once you factor in the amount of mouths you had to feed in the orphanage, it stacks up the bills quite quickly.

"Haruko-san, this is too much. The children are smaller, they need this more than I do. Besides, I don't even eat that mu-" Yuuji tried to protest before he was cut off.

Hitsumi smacked him on the top of the head with her wooden spoon, making Yuuji wince in pain.

"Nonsense, it's your last day living here. You also need more nutrition since even you're still a growing boy, Yuuji-chan."

Throwing him a fork, Yuuji sighed as he knew that he couldn't win against her. Even in her mid-fifties, his caretaker could still be more sassy than any sixteen year old teenage girl.

"Plus," Hitsumi giggled as a sly look came into her emerald eyes. "Little Yuuji still needs nutrition to grow for all the girls out there too..."

"H-Hitsumi-san!" Yuuji covered his face as it suddenly turned as red as a tomato. "Why...?"

Yuuji ate slowly, keeping his eyes on the time while he did a mental check of everything that he thought he needed. Clothes, his old, outdated, but still usable duel disk he received for his fourteenth birthday, and the most important of all...

Yuuji finished eating and took out the old deck case that was strapped to his jeans. Opening the case, he quickly sifted through the cards that he had saved up enough money to buy.

He had managed to be hired by a nearby restaurant as a cook, and worked full-time before quitting just recently. During school days, he had opted for a schedule that took up all of his free time so that it wouldn't interfere with his studies.

The teen had saved enough money off of tips to buy the random packs. All the money that the earned salary-wise would all be transferred to a savings account, in order to cover expenses in the future when he would leave the orphanage. Yuuji was never the type to mooch off others, and he swore that he would somehow pay back his caretaker one day.

"Thanks." Yuuji thanked his caretaker for the meal as he picked up his stuff. Pausing, he realized that he really needed to say something. After all, it was his last day living here.

"Thank you for everything, Haruko-san... I swear I'll pay you back for everything you've done for me, someday."

Yuuji couldn't help tearing up a bit as he remembered all the memories he had experienced here. Sneaking a glance at Hitsumi's expressionless features, he became worried for a moment as he wondered if he had said too much. However, she suddenly mellowed and pulled him into a gentle hug.

"You be good now." Hitsumi smiled gently as they broke away. "Yuuji..."

Turning away, Yuuji paused from exiting the home that he had spent all his life in. He gave Hitsumi one last forlorn look.

"Give them hell." His caretaker smiled, giving him a thumbs up as she urged him to go.

"Hey Yuuji. Are you really going to leave?" Shinji, a young boy about six years of age, spoke up from behind him. He stared wide-eyed at the older teen as Yuuji was about to touch the doorknob.

Turning around, he smiled gently as he patted the boy's head. "Don't worry, I promise I'll come back to visit."

Shinji nodded, slightly teary. Yuuji then suddenly found himself surrounded by the other kids in the orphanage, some attempting to jump onto him.

Laughing, the teen picked up a little three year old girl named Shizuka who he had found all alone in an alley. Her deep purple eyes reflected great sadness as she tugged on his shirt. Yuuji embraced her gently and placing his chin on her soft, brown hair.

"You guys better take good care of each other, now that I'm gone." He put Shizuka down and stroked her head.

"Stay a good girl, ok? Help Ms. Haruko look after everyone." Shizuka nodded tearfully as Yuuji picked up his gear for the third time and walked away. "Goodbye."

Yuuji stepped outside the door, concealing his tears as he closed it gently behind him. The teen didn't dare look back. For if he did, he doubted that he would have had enough willpower to leave again.

"All dueling examination applicants must complete the written portion before they could move on to the practical, which is to be held in an examination center."

Slinging his backpack over his shoulder, Yuuji sprinted towards the center at city hall within Neo Maiami city. If he wanted to make it into Leo Duel School, or otherwise known as LDS, Yuuji knew that he was going to have to go all out when it began.

Failure was not an option. Yuuji knew that he would not have the face to go back to the orphanage and face those kids, as well as his former caretaker.

Leo Corporation was run by its president Reiji Akaba, a fearsome duelist known for his skill of controlling all forms of Summoning to a near perfect degree. Thanks to the spread of the company's Solid Vision with mass, Action Duels were born in Maiami City and has reached worldwide popularity before it had to be reformed into Neo Maiami City due to the two great disasters.

Both were unexplained supernatural phenomena. It was said that the legendary ancient cult named Retribution had tried to abuse the Solid Vision in order to destroy the world, twice, but were prevented by a group of heroes that stopped their attempts both times.

The group of heroes called themselves the Lancers, and legend says that the first Lancers had traveled to other dimensions to save the world. Its members were said to always appear again when the world is threatened by evil again.

Aside from the legendary group known as the Lancers, the children in Neo Maiami City also looked up to the pro duelists like superheroes. The majority of the kids grew up to study different summoning methods and duel styles at various large and small cram schools, although the largest and most popular within the district would be LDS.

"Ouch!" Yuuji cried out as someone bumped into him from behind with great force, causing the teen to fall flat onto his face as well as drop his deck box. His cards were scattered all over the ground.

"Oops! Oh my gosh, sorry!" A pretty, melodic voice cried apologetically.

Looking up, Yuuji was met with a slender face and warm hazel eyes. Her hair was tied into a ponytail with the vibrant colour of a light brown mixed with auburn. Standing behind her was a younger, similar looking male teenager with dark hair like his, except with a more punk-styled haircut.

"Were they siblings?" Yuuji wondered.

"Come on, Eilish! We're going to be late!" The boy yelled in frustration. His attention was then diverted by Lije's scattered cards. "What the?"

Blushing, Yuuji grabbed his cards as quickly as he could. His deck did not run an archetype because of his lack of financial means in order to buy the right number of packs from the sets they were from. Looking up, Yuuji realized that the girl was holding out a card, which was one of his favourite monsters. Kuribandit. (3/1000/700)

"You dropped this." She said gently. Flushing a deeper colour of red, Yuuji looked away.

"Oh wow. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He felt a warmth spreading inside him as he gazed shyly into her soft eyes.

"T-Thanks." Yuuji finally managed to stutter out.

The girl named Eilish smiled, making Yuuji's heart flutter. However, her gentle and carefree look turned into one of panic as she yelped. "Yikes! I forgot! We're late for the exams!"

She then turned back to Yuuji. "We're so sorry about that! Aaron! Let's hurry!"

"That was weird." Yuuji thought to himself as he watched them sprint away. Then again, were they also trying out for LDS like him? Or was it another dueling school?

Frowning, Yuuji lifted his watch. "How is the time still 7:00 a.m.?"

He took off his watch and turned it over, examining any abnormalities. "sheet!"

Yuuji cursed loudly, remembering how he forgot to change the batteries last night and was definitely now running late. Looking to the sky, he caught sight of a Leo Corporation blimp and glimpsed at the large overhead watch, showing the time to be 7:58 a.m.

He had only two minutes to get to the city hall, which was at least ten minutes away. Their late policy forced examinees to wait until next year to take the exam, unless if you're specifically a V.I.P, which Yuuji knew he was obviously not. Not everyone can have a small loan of a million dollars.

"Screw it." Yuuji said to himself. Slinging his backpack over his shoulder, Yuuji lunged onto a large platform that hung outside the spacious backyards of the wealthier families living in Neo Maiami city.

Scaling over the fences, Yuuji ignored the shouts of angry homeowners as he ran through the endlessly extravagant flower beds, trying his best not to trample the expensive plants.

"7:59 a.m..."

"Oh crap!" The teen cursed as he lost his balance while lunging over the last fence. Yuuji landed hard onto the pavement face-first; his form sprawled on the street that led to the parking lot of the examination center.

Ignoring the painful scrapes that had developed on his knees and face, he continued to sprint towards the building that would decide his future. Looking behind, Yuuji noticed that the people that had bumped into him, Eilish and Aaron, were still about fifty metres behind and wore looks of humourous shock on their faces from his rather embarrassing stunt.

"Made it!" Yuuji shouted happily, bursting into the building as he kicked open the door. However, the other applicants have already began their written tests and was looking at the dark haired teen with large sweatdrops behind their heads.

Finally, Yuuji realized that he was actually quite disheveled. He had a decent amount of crushed plant matter splashed all over him, as well as being covered in the scrapes. Coughing, a older man who looked to be about in his late forties attempted to re-establish order as he handed a test to the teen, a big, red vein forming on his forehead.

He had graying blonde hair, and wore a pair of big, round spectacles that hung on his nose. The test examiner.

"Oh God, I hope he's not going to be marking this..."

"We're here!" Yuuji was suddenly pushed aside and onto the examiner as he felt a familiar force smacking into him again for the second time today. Both he and the test examiner collapsed onto the tiled floor hard.

Eilish and Aaron looked sheepishly at the dazed forms on the ground, with papers being scattered all across the room. The other applicants giggled at the incident that had just taken place.

Getting up, the examiner brushed himself off as he developed a scary look in his eyes, which probably wasn't a good thing. The vein that was on his forehead seemed to have grown at least five times larger than it had been previously, causing the three newcomers to step back.

"Quiet!" The examiner howled, silencing the room. There couldn't have even been the sound of a pen drop after that.

The examiner then picked up the papers and re-sorted them, handing them their tests. Eilish, Aaron, and Yuuji were then separated into different areas of the room. However, the teen couldn't stop stealing glances at the said girl while writing the test.

"Man, she's really beautiful..."

Yuuji then realized that all of the other boys within the room, minus the examiner and Aaron, were also looking at her. Unlike Yuuji, they stared at her openly and directly with a hungry look on their faces, making the teen sweatdrop.

However, he also started to feel something strange. "Am I... Jealous?"

It looks like he was going to have some unwanted competition.

"Damn." Yuuji swore silently to himself as he looked at the last question. It was a tough one because he didn't know what the effect of Airorca was. Yuuji also wasn't too familiar with water attributed cards in the game.

The question read:

Player 1 controls a face-up "Airorca". Player 2 controls a face-up "Thunder King Rai-Oh", and a set "Book of Moon". Player 1 activates the effect of Airorca, targeting Player 2's Thunder King Rai-Oh.

Select the correct answer:

A. Player 2 chains Book of Moon, targeting Airorca. Thunder King Rai-Oh will be destroyed, and Airorca banished face-up.

B. Player 2 chains Book of Moon, targeting Airorca. Thunder King Rai-Oh will be destroyed, and Airorca banished face-down.

C. Player 2 chains Book of Moon, targeting Airorca. Thunder King Rai-Oh will not be destroyed, and Airorca will not be banished.

D. Player 2 chains Book of Moon, targeting Thunder King Rai-Oh. Thunder King Rai-Oh will be destroyed, and Airorca banished face-up.

E. Player 2 chains Book of Moon, targeting Thunder King Rai-Oh. Thunder King Rai-Oh will not be destroyed, and Airorca banished face-up.

In his opinion, Yuuji thought choices A and B were probably wrong because Book Of Moon would cancel out the effects of monsters if it flips them into face-down defence position. However, the banishing of the said monster was what confused the teen.

"Did it banish itself to destroy Thunder King Rai-Oh? Or is there something else involved?"

Scowling, Yuuji wondered just what in the world Airorca's effect was. Looking at all the answers, he noticed that all of them included Airorca being banished. Book of moon wouldn't necessarily negate a monster's effect. Yuuji was dawned with realization.

"If it's what I think it is..."

He circled B just as time was called and the papers were beginning to be collected. Sighing in relief, he examined the rest of the applicants within the room as he finished. Aaron and Eilish were looking quite bored as they leaned back in their seats, surprising the teen.

"Did they not find that test hard?"

Yuuji wrote his name onto the paper and handed it to the examiner, who now wore a pleasant facial expression.

"Guess he's happy because he didn't have to watch us annoying teenagers anymore, having finished his job." Yuuji thought.

The examiner stepped to the front of the room, clearing his throat loudly once again.

"Applicants, please follow Mr. Kazuto, a LDS proctor, to the arena for the practical portion of the entrance exam." He motioned to a tall, handsome, black haired man sporting a black trench coat standing at the doorway.

A golden LDS badge was pinned on his left chest, and many of the female examinees grew pink hearts in their eyes as they glanced at him. This caused many of the males to glare at the said proctor.

Shaking his head at their childish behaviour, Yuuji wore a small smile as he packed up his pencils and stashed them away. His backpack that had been moved to the front with the other carry-on items, to prevent any possibilities of cheating.

Following the rest of the applicants, Yuuji prepared to enter the duel that will decide if he was to fulfill his dream of becoming the strongest duelist in history. Gripping his deck box and duel disk, the teen mentally prepared himself for the tough battle ahead.

"Elizabeth Kaiba. Please report to dueling field three." The P.A system buzzed noisily, and the dark haired teen heard a cheer from the other side of the room.

"Oh, yeah. Eilish is a deviation of Elizabeth." Yuuji remembered.

"Yay! I'm first." The beautiful girl laughed happily. She descended the stairs into the spacious dueling field with the colour of blue and white, which was brightly lit by fluorescent lights. There were also a large number of velvet seats surrounding the arena, reminding Yuuji of the Roman Coliseum in the photo that Hitsumi had once shown him.

"Kaiba? There's just no way that those two could be related to the legendary duelist that was the rival of the first king of games, could they?" Another teen beside Yuuji whispered to a purple-haired girl.

"Guess we'll find out." The girl whispered back. Soon, the spectator area for applicants began to grow rowdy as they discussed the topic before being silenced by the LDS Proctor, Mr. Kazuto.

Yuuji suddenly felt something warm stir inside his chest as he observed Eilish in the third dueling field, which surprised him.

"A-Am I suddenly falling in love with her?" He wondered.

"Ack!" Yuuji shook his head furiously with his face red.

"Stupid hormones!"

He had never found any romantic interest in girls for the entire sixteen years of his life. Most of them were the type who would do anything for attention.

"So why was this girl so..." The correct word that he couldn't place in his mind was perfect.

Suddenly, the teen felt a hand on his shoulder. Yuuji turned to face Aaron, who he realized in most likelihood was her brother by their similarities.

"Just what type of deck do you run? I saw that Kuribandit, and it's a pretty rare card. Commoners rarely pull a rare like that." Aaron commented as Yuuji frowned. He certainly had quite the cocky attitude.

Sighing, Yuuji opened his deck box and handed his deck to him.

"It's nothing special. I don't run an archetype. I'm also one of those 'commoners' by the way." Aaron squinted at him before slowly taking the cards and riffling through them.

"Wait a second... These cards are crap!" Aaron shook his head in disbelief.

Yuuji glowered at him before snatching his deck back, flushing in anger.

"That's your opinion. But my cards are special to me, and I know that we can win together." However, Yuuji raised an eyebrow when Aaron merely smirked and jerked his thumb towards the third dueling field at his response.

"Watch my sister destroy that proctor, and you'll see what a real deck is." The teen snickered.

"My name is Professor Shoichi Minobe, but you may just call me Professor Minobe." A dark haired, middle aged man with streaks of grey in his dark hair said, activating his dark blue duel disk with a green laser blade. He wore the standard white trench coat for all proctors, also having a LDS badge pinned to the left of his chest.

"This duel will not be an Action Duel, although all other Duel Monsters rules still apply. Good luck, Miss Kaiba. It wouldn't surprise me if you pass this entrance exam with flying colours, knowing your family heritage. You may have the first move." The professor drew 5 cards from his Deck.

Eilish smirked, activating a light blue duel disk with white streaks and a white laser blade. She also drew a hand of five cards. "Thanks Professor."

Shoichi: 4000

Eilish: 4000

"I Summon Maiden with Eyes of Blue in Attack Mode!" Eilish said as she slammed a monster on her duel disk, which took the form of a spectral, young maiden with deep, blue eyes. (1/0/0)

"I'll then Set a card face-down and end my turn." A card appeared face-down in front of her, leaving three cards in her hand.

"A monster with zero attack and defense in attack position?" Yuuji turned and questioned Aaron. However, the younger boy merely shrugged and smirked again.

"Just watch, nooblet." Yuuji resisted the urge to punch Aaron's face as hard as he could.

The professor drew a card from his deck, increasing his hand size to five. Dueling had evolved over the years, and now one of the most recently added rules would be for the duelist taking the first turn would not be able to attack nor draw on that turn.

"I Normal Summon the Fairy-Type monster, Zolga (4/1700/1200), then I'll activate the Spell Card, Double Summon." A card revealing a Spellcaster holding its staff up with a creature in the front appeared upon the field with the purple robed Fairy monster.

"This allows me to gain an additional Normal Summon or Set. By sacrificing Zolga, I will again Normal Summon. Here comes Labyrinth Wall in Attack Mode." (5/0/3000) Inserting Zolga into the Graveyard slot, Shoichi placed another card onto his duel disk.

"Zolga's effect now activates. When it's Tributed for a Tribute Summon, I gain 2000 life points." The professor watched as his life point meter shot up.

Shoichi: 6000

A giant maze descended onto the two duelists and their monsters, surrounding the arena with granite rock. Yuuji quirked an eyebrow at the irony of both duelists summoning out weak monsters with zero attack points.

"Is the professor aiming for a suicide attempt?"

However, Shoichi inserted another card into his duel disk. "I'll now activate Shield and Sword. This Spell Card reverses the Attack and Defense of all monsters on the field, until the End Phase." The man explained.

His Labyrinth Wall suddenly grew spikes from its walls as it was covered in a dark blue aura, causing Yuuji to gape at the tremendous amount of Attack Points. (5/3000/0)

"Three thousand! That Level 5 Normal Monster is strong enough to rival a Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"

However, both Eilish and Aaron seemed unfazed by the current situation. "I shall also activate Night Beam to destroy your face down, and you may not activate it in response to this card's activation." Eilish's Set Card was destroyed, making her frown.

"Now how is she going to avoid the attack?" Yuuji felt a pang in his chest as he hoped that Eilish would be alright.

"Now Labyrinth Wall shall attack your Maiden with Eyes of Blue!" Her opponent pointed to the lone monster.

The spikes began to center around Eilish and her monster, making Yuuji cringe. Suddenly, a bright blue aura suddenly expanded into a sphere around them and stopped the Professor's attack.

"What?" Shoichi was shocked.

Eilish was also smirking now, making her seem almost identical to her brother. "Maiden with Eyes of Blue's effect now activates! When she is targeted for an attack, I can negate that attack, and when I do, her battle position changes!"

Her monster curled into Defense Position and a bright blue light began to glow from her deck, radiating the arena. "And that's not all! I can then Special Summon 1 'Blue-Eyes White Dragon' from my hand, Deck, or Graveyard!" Professor Minobe's eyes widened in shock at her statement.

"I'll choose to Special Summon it from my deck in Attack Position!" A card flew out of Eilish's Deck and she caught it, slamming it onto her own duel disk.

A massive whirlwind began to encircle the arena, making both Yuuji and Aaron's hair fly backwards. A large, white shape descended on top of the labyrinth, revealing itself to be the legendary blue-eyed dragon that Seto Kaiba had commanded decades ago.

The majestic monster roared, sending shock waves that was felt by both duelists as well as the spectators. (8/3000/2500)

"Oh my God!" The dark haired teen heard screams of ecstasy from a few other examinees as they looked in awe at her monster. From their expressions, Yuuji guessed that they were dragon users as he heard some of the boys screaming, "Marry me!"

He facepalmed at their actions, and stepped back when some of the girls began screaming the same thing as well when they began to trample over him to get a closer look at the powerful creature.

"Geez..." Yuuji moaned. He then noticed Aaron grinning like a Chesire cat over him.

"What did I tell you?" Flattening his hair, Aaron turned his attention back to the Duel.

Shaking his head, Yuuji couldn't help but give a small smile as he also turned his attention back to the Blue-Eyes. It was beautiful and strong, just like her.

"...Is this what they call love?"

The professor grimaced as he Set a card face down, leaving him with one card in his hand. "Turn end."

"My turn!" Eilish snatched the top card off her deck in a smooth, controlled motion.

"I'll activate the Equipment Spell Card, Wonder Wand on my Maiden with Eyes of Blue!" A staff with a large, green orb attached to the end appeared in the monster's hands. (1/500/0)

"I can only equip it to a Spellcaster-Type monster, and this gives the monster 500 additional Attack Points. I may also send both cards to the Graveyard in order to draw two additional cards from my Deck. But..." Eilish paused her explanation with a dangerous glint in her eyes as her monster and Deck began to glow a bright blue colour again.

"Maiden with Eyes of Blue's effect activates once again! During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets her, I can Special Summon one Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand, Deck, or Graveyard!"

"I'll Special Summon another copy from my Deck, also in Attack Position!" The spectators roared as another copy of the legendary dragon appeared, shining in all of its glory. (8/3000/2500)

Yuuji gaped at her ferocity as Professor Minobe fell down in shock and disbelief. The teen then heard more screams of ecstasy and kinky comments, which were mostly directed towards the dragons, much to his dismay and confusion.

"What the hell were these kinds of people?"

"I'm not finished yet!" Eilish winked cutely. "By sending my Maiden to the Graveyard, I may now draw two cards from my Deck." Placing her Spell Card and monster into the Graveyard slot, Eilish slowly drew her two cards, glancing at each of them carefully.

"Now I'll play Pot of Greed!"

Increasing her hand size to six, Eilish fanned out her cards before selecting one at her far right. "I will now play this awesome little treat, Polymerization!" Her two dragons were sucked up into a chromatic portal with a card in her hand, revealing the descent of a gigantic dragon with three heads.

"Dragons of victory, be combined as one and reign supreme as over all! Fusion Summon! Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" (12/4500/3800)

"Holy-" Yuuji whispered as he gaped at the colossal monster. Aaron noticed his facial expression and began to howl in laughter, rolling on the floor with tears streaming from his eyes.

"Oh, how I wish that I can hit that arrogant kid. Preferably in the face, multiple times."

With four cards left in her hand and her strongest monster on the field, Eilish jumped onto her powerful monster, who nuzzled her in affection. Stroking the center dragon head, Eilish looked down at the professor who was knocked onto his butt from the Fusion Summon.

Smirking again, she revealed a copy of her own Night Beam as well as the Spell Card, Megamorph, which doubled a monster's Attack Points if the controller's Life Points were lower than the opponents. "Well Professor, I think we can declare this a game?"

Professor Minobe cleared his throat, getting to his feet. He then nodded before deactivating his duel disk, accepting the loss.

"My congrats to you entering Leo Duel School, Miss Kaiba." The stadium erupted into cheers at her dominant show of power, being able to pull off a win on only the second turn of a duel.

"Thank you minna-san~!" Eilish laughed happily.

"Yuuji Kazami, please report to dueling field two." He heard the P.A buzz his name, making the teen groan. Just moments after Eilish's complete victory, Yuuji had tried to congratulate her before he was trampled by her new, massive fan base.

Sighing, the teen felt depressed for not being able to say anything before she was paraded off. Chortling, Aaron patted him on the shoulder. "Good luck to you, newbie."

"Thanks... I guess." Grabbing his duel disk and deck, Yuuji replied hesitantly as he stepped forward to the duel that would determine his future.

Yuuji slowly descended down the stairs that seemed to stretch to infinity. He felt sweat trickle down his spine, making his t-shirt stick to his back. Yuuji hated that his body was telling him how nervous he actually was.

However, willing himself, the teen pressed on.

"Roar!"

Yuuji suddenly heard a cry come out of nowhere. Turning around, he felt his heart thump heavily as he called out to the emptiness. "Who's there?"

There was no answer.

"Was it just my imagination?" He questioned himself.

Ignoring it as he was just wasting time, the teen stuck his deck into his duel disk as he finally stepped into the arena.

A blonde haired, grey eyed man awaited him on the other side of the field, sporting the trademark white trench coat and LDS badge. Yuuji noticed his duel disk was also white, complimenting his steely eyes. A foreign professor.

"Hello." He spoke with a accent, slightly taken aback from Yuuji's disheveled appearance.

"My name is Siegfried Weiss. I am a professor that had traveled to Neo Maiami City from Germany. I wish you good luck on entering this school." The examiner said as he activated his duel disk. It was had a simple white body with a blue blade.

"My name is Yuuji Kazami." Yuuji smiled nervously as he activated his duel disk as well. He ignored the laughs of the spectators as they jeered at his outdated black duel disk. It didn't have a laser blade like the new models, but rather an old-fashioned steel blade that was also much heavier to carry around.

The examiner nodded, giving Yuuji approval for his choice. "You may have the first move, applicant."

"Duel!" They both shouted, drawing their starting hand of five cards.

Yuuji: 4000

Siegfried: 4000

Looking at his hand, Yuuji realized that he was in a tough predicament with no usable monsters other than Kuribandit, with the rest of the cards being Spells and Traps. Sighing, Yuuji placed the card onto his metal disk.

"I summon Kuribandit and Set four cards face-down." A large, furball-like creature wearing an eye patch jumped to Yuuji's side of the field from a white portal. (3/1000/700)

The younger duelist then stuck the rest of the four cards in his hand into the Spell/Trap slots, which materialized in front of him before vanishing.

"During my End Phase, I may Tribute Kuribandit and excavate the top 5 cards of my Deck. I can then add 1 excavated Spell or Trap Card within the 5 to my hand." Yuuji's Duel Disk whirred as it spat out five cards. Looking at them, he grimaced.

"Nothing too good..."

"I'll add this Spell or Trap Card to my hand and end my turn." Yuuji finished as he held up a card, placing the rest of the excavated cards into his Graveyard.

"Bad hand, most likely." Aaron commented to his sister. Eilish nodded, curious on how the dark haired teen was going to play it out. She didn't really think that using an outdated duel disk would be funny, but it was certainly unusual for a duelist to duel with one of those ancient machines.

Unbeknownst to the dueling teen, there were also a decent number of other spectators watching him. One being a shady figure sporting a dark hood, lurking in the shadows

"I've found him!" The hooded figure said to himself. "It's Ryusei's son!"

However, he then noticed a woman with a similar hood to his also watching Yuuji. The first hooded figure backed deeper into the shadows while observing her, clenching his fist in rage. However, he knew that it would not be wise to start a battle here.

"And it looks like they've found him too... Retribution..."

Siegfried Weiss's eyebrows shot up at Yuuji's odd playing style. Drawing slowly, the examiner fanned out his hand of six cards and contemplated them. Weiss picked up a card near the center.

"I activate the Spell Card, Heavy Storm. This destroys all Spells and Traps on the field. Luckily for me, I have none while you have four."

Yuuji's Set cards exploded from the fierce windstorm, except he knew he could at least make use of one of their effects before they were destroyed.

"Even though I can't save my other cards, I'll still activate one of my Traps in response to your activation. Waboku! I take no battle damage this turn!" Yuuji flipped over the said trap that depicted three robed women before it shattered into pixels.

Nodding, Siegfried played another card, revealing it to be Dark Blade. The dark warrior appearing in a flash of light, brandishing its two swords. (4/1800/1500)

"I'll Set two cards face-down and end my turn." The examiner folded his arms as he finished.

Drawing, Yuuji knew he was going to lose soon if he didn't reverse the situation soon. "I activate Allure of Darkness! This allows me to draw two cards, providing that I have to banish a dark type monster from my hand or I must send all the cards in my hand to the Graveyard."

"Please work." He prayed, drawing two cards from his Deck.

Sighing in relief, Yuuji flashed the monster at him before pocketing the said card. "I'll banish Garmr of the Nordic Beasts." (4/800/1900).

"Now I'll play Pot of Greed!" Drawing two cards, Yuuji managed to replenish his hand size to three.

"My only choice is to defend for now since I have no other options." Yuuji sighed as he finally decided on his next course of action.

"I'll Set a monster and a card face-down. Turn end." A bead of sweat trickled down the side of his head.

"My turn." The older man drew swiftly. "I'll Summon Gemini Elf in attack mode."

Two female elves appeared, holding hands while staring Yuuji down. One was dressed in blue and had blonde hair, while the other in purple and had brown hair. (4/1900/900)

"Gemini Elf attacks your Set monster."

Yuuji smirked, flipping his monster face-up. "My Set monster is my second copy of Garmr of the Nordic Beasts!" (4/800/1900)

The crimson wolf monster crouched defensively as it appeared and blocked the attacks of the two elves, snarling as it pushed the Spellcaster sisters back.

"And Garmr's effect now activates! After damage calculation, I may send any Level four or below monster that battles with this card back to your hand!" With a snarl, Garmr howled and the Gemini Elf returned to Siegfried's hand, making him frown.

"I'll just end my turn at that then." The examiner finished his turn, and the younger duelist drew his card.

"I Summon Effect Veiler!" (1/0/0) A beautiful girl with long blue hair in pigtails appeared in a flash of light. Her azure eyes reflected innocence as she smiled back at Yuuji.

This caused murmurs within the spectators. They wondered how someone with such an outdated duel disk could get their hands on extremely rare cards like Kuribandit and Effect Veiler.

"A Tuner? So a Synchro Summon, hm?" Siegfried questioned. "Not bad."

Yuuji nodded. "By tuning my Level one Effect Veiler and Level four Garmr of the Nordic Beasts, I perform a Level five Synchro Summon!"

His two monsters turned into green exoskeletons, revealing stars that represented their levels. They disappeared in a brilliant burst of green light as he placed them into his Graveyard slot.

"Against all odds, the steadfast veteran that continues his legacy! Synchro Summon! The cyborg fighter, Scarred Warrior!" (5/2100/1000)

A half robot, half human warrior with bandages and mechanical armour appeared from the flash of light. with one missing arm that had been converted into a blade. Yuuji smiled at one of his most trustworthy monsters.

"Now Scarred Warrior attacks your Dark Blade!" His monster jumped, soaring into the air. Coming down, Scarred Warrior's blade arm cleaved his opponent's Dark Blade in half with one stroke. The examiner smirked as he watched his own monster explode.

Siegfried: 3700

"Not bad at all. I'll activate my Set card, Jar of Greed, in order to draw a card from my Deck." A grinning red pot appeared for a few seconds before disappearing, and Siegfried immediately drew a card.

"I'll set a card face-down and end my turn." Yuuji finished with a reversed card disappearing in front of him, and his hand empty.

"Draw!" The examiner drew sharply. Glancing at the card briefly, the older duelist immediate inserted it into his disk.

"I'll pay 800 life points to activate the Spell Card, Premature Burial! This allows me to bring my Dark Blade back in Attack Position!" The dark warrior reappeared, his red eyes emulating hatred from being destroyed.

Siegfried: 2900

"And now I'll play my other Set card, Double Summon!" The familiar card revealing a Spellcaster holding its staff up appeared onto the field before vanishing.

"Double Summon?" Yuuji repeated, making Siegfried smirk as he Summoned his Gemini Elf again.

"However, both won't be here for long because I'll sacrifice both to Tribute Summon Spiral Serpent!" A monstrous sea snake appeared, roaring. Holographic water began flooding into the arena from its appearance. (8/2900/2900)

"Double Summon grants me an additional Normal Summon or Set this turn." Siegfried briefly explained, although Yuuji already knew what the card did from watching Eilish's Duel.

"I'm not done yet!" The examiner chuckled. "I'll equip my serpent with Sword of the Deep Seated, increasing its attack by 500 points!" (8/3400/2900)

"Mystical Space Typhoon will then destroy your face-down card!" Yuuji grimaced as his Set card exploded into pixels from the space tornado piercing it.

"Welp, there goes Magic Cylinder."

Like Yuuji, Siegfried's hand was also empty. The examiner crossed his arms as he surveyed the field. "At this point, you should realize that if you manage to destroy my Spiral Serpent, you will win this Duel."

"Because my hand is empty, Sword of the Deep Seated will always be returned to the top of my Deck when it's sent to the Graveyard. Spiral Serpent is also this Deck's strongest monster." Yuuji's opponent notified him while chuckling.

"That is, if you manage to beat it. Now Spiral Serpent, attack!" The Sea Serpent suddenly shot a concentrated blast of water at Scarred Warrior. Yuuji was thrown back hard by the powerful attack.

Yuuji: 2600

"Once per turn, Scarred Warrior can avoid destruction by battle." Groaning, the teen sat up stiffly as he explained Scarred Warrior's effect. Weiss nodded, signalling the end of his turn.

Yuuji drew his card, not liking the current situation once he saw what it was.

"It's not a card that I can use at the moment..."

"I'll switch Scarred Warrior to Defense Position and end my turn." The half-mechanical warrior crouched defensively. The examiner frowned at the lack of action and drew.

"I activate the Spell Card, Stop Defense." Yuuji eyes widened as Scarred Warrior was forced back into Attack Position.

"Spiral Serpent attacks Scarred Warrior again." Siegfried watched as his opponent was thrown onto the ground once again by the powerful attack.

Yuuji: 1200

"it's your turn again. You'd better make it count, or you might not last this next turn." Siegfried's steely eyes had an dangerous glint in them as he watched Yuuji slowly draw his card.

However, Yuuji accidentally dropped the card and his body wouldn't respond to pick it up. He noticed that he was trembling violently.

"Why?"

"It's fear." Siegfried commented, causing Yuuji to shift his attention into the examiner's cold eyes.

"All duelists, even the great King of Games, have a point when the situation becomes so bleak that they lose all faith." Yuuji looked at the card he dropped, which was flipped around as it seemed farther and farther for him to reach.

"He's right." The duelist thought as a few ears trickled down his face, which was now hidden by his dark hair. "I probably don't have a chance of winning this."

"Yuuji!"

He remembered Shinji and Shizuka. He remembered that he promised them he'd make it into Leo Duel School and visit back victorious. He remembered that he promised to win. For them and for himself.

"That's right, I can't lose!"

Bending down, He suddenly grasped the card like a lifeline with renewed effort.

"Please, let me win! Give me the strength to win!"

Yuuji closed his eyes in concentration, unaware that he was emitting a light blue aura from both his body and his pendent. A spectral glow began to shine from his pupils, radiating a chromatic light blue colour.

Yuuji opened his eyes to suddenly find himself floating in a sea of darkness.

"What's going on? Is the Duel already over?" He thought in panic.

Flailing around, the duelist began to spin in a 360 degree spiral, much to his dismay. Screaming, Yuuji continued his actions for about five minutes before he finally managed to calm down.

"Where am I?"

"Roar!" Yuuji froze in shock when he heard the familiar cry for the second time today. He looked around swiftly before he caught sight of a strange, approaching object.

An orb of light slowly appeared in front of him. It was warm, and radiated a comfort that put Yuuji's heart at ease. Swallowing, he gathered his courage as he reached out slowly.

Grabbing the orb gently, Yuuji soon found himself to be enveloped in a brilliant neon light, blacking out.

AN: It's much better than the original, as I did improve a vast deal over the time that this had been deleted.

So, expect the next chapter after awhile. After AP exams, I'll get more time to write.

Stay tuned, I guess. Please do RxR as well.

Archived