˜*•.˜*•. The Forever War•*˜.•*˜

Chevalier

Hello and Welcome to my latest and greatest set;The Forever War This set is based upon the aspects of war and so, to relate it to a card game, I involved the face-up Battle Position to be a constant factor in all the cards. This is a set in progress and more cards will be added. All helpful comments are welcome and if you rate any number, please state why. To further your experience in the set, I've posted below a poem to crystallize the true ravages of war.

[align=right]War Killing the innocent,

Killing the poor.

As people say,

All’s fair in war.

War brings death,

War kills souls.

War bears arms,

War burns holes.

We fight for honour,

We fight for glory.

We come back home,

We tell our story.

In the end,

No one wins war.

We all come back,

Tired and sore.

-Jack Stanistreet[/align]

If you have any comments that you feel don't belong on this thread or you must tell me personally, send me a private message. All images are from highly skilled artists except for, "Card Of Perilous Return" which was my own invention that I made myself.

.:The Forever War:.

.:The Forever War

Monsters:

Artist: Monk-Artist

ForeverWarBandit.jpg

Artist: -seed-

ForeverWarDuos.jpg

Artist: Monk-Artist

ForeverWarFrost.jpg

Artist: GraySapphire

ForeverWarMech.jpg

Artist: GraySapphire

ForeverWarBeast.jpg

Spells:

Artist: Sandara

SymphonyOfWar.jpg

Artist: Organization_XIII *DO NOT USE Image without PMing beforehand*

CardOfPerilousReturn.jpg

Trap(s):

Artist: Gunner Romantic

TheEndlessBattle.jpg

My goodness that took a while to type. As of now, that's all I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment.

As stated above the card, if you plan on it, do not use the image of "Card Of Perilous Return" without asking me first.

More To Come. Thanks for watching.

All The Best,

-OX13

Well...

-The art matches both the game and the individual cards well.

-If you look at Forever War Bandit you'll see "...on your side of the field all monsters all monsters..."

-IMHO, Forever War Bandit's name fits the image but not so much the effect. Bandits are usually sneaky little thieves whereas the card you've made is Stasis. Don't get me wrong, I really like the card...it's just the word "Bandit" that's kinda off to me. This is of course, just an opinion so it's nothing like an actual error.

- If Forever War Duos were a real card then you could pretty much bet your bottom dollar it would be Limited...since it's a slightly stronger Card Trooper.

-Forever War Frost could, IMHO again, benefit from a better name. At the very least "Forever War - Frost" would be an improvement. For balance, I would drop the last sentence of the card.

-Forever War Mech could use some additional balancing. It's a weaker Alien Mother without the need of another card to add tokens beforehand. If this were my card I would make the discard effect have to be a Machine or Forever War card, then I would drop the entire second effect of the card in favor of turning that into an additional card.

-Forever War Beast is, for all intents and purposes, perect as I see it. The only thing I would change about it would be to substitute the word "Beast" in the title for something that sounds a tad more ominous like "Behemoth," "Juggernaut," or "Abomination."

-Forever War.....I love this card. It's well worded orchestrated anarchy. Drop a Mist Body on a Reflect Bounder and just sit back...

-Card of Perilous Return is interesting. I don't know, off the top of my head, exactly how I would use it best...but it definately has potential. The only thing I would mention about this card other than that is that it's name sounds alot like "Card of Safe Return" which made me half expect it to be some kind of opposite to that card.

-The Endless Battle is, IMHO, what makes this set work. It's the card that amps up the stasis cards and makes Forever War pretty much a game ender unless the combo can be stopped.

Overall, this is a most impressive set. Let me know when you finish the other half of the set. ;)

Thank you everyone. It did take a while to make the cards themselves. Unfortunately most of that time was put into making the image of "Card Of Perilous Return." Being a poor graphic artist it did take me a while. I decided on putting a face-up card that would be burning in the image. In current Yu-Gi-Oh, I really do hate MetaGame so I decided on the card that was used by everyone in a SJ Top 8.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Great cards. Like most of your sets, the only things are some incredibly minor bits of errata that I believe I know how to fix. For example.

Bandit should say:

If you have 2 or more face-up Attack Position monsters on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, switch all monsters on the field to face-up Attack Position. While this card is face-up on the field, no cards can change their battle position. This card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. When this card attacks, if there is a monster on your opponent's side of the field in the monster card zone across from this card's, increase the ATK of this card by an amount equal to the Level of the monster x 100 points.

Duos should say:

When an Equip Card is equipped to this card, destroy the Equip Card. Once per turn, you can pay 500 Life Points to send a number of cards from the top of your opponent's deck to the Graveyard equal to the amount of face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field. No more than three cards can be sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect. This card gains ATK equal to the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect x 400 until the end of your opponent' next turn.

Frost should say:

While this card is face-up on the field, all monsters on the field cannot attack in the same turn that they are Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned. If there are no cards on your side of the field exept this card, destroy this card and send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed except as a result of battle, you can pay 1000 Life Points to add this card to your hand.

Mech should say:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to decrease your opponent's Life Points by an amount equal to the number of face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field x 300. This card cannot attack during the same turn in which its effect was activated. When this card destroys a monster as a result of Battle, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon it to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position during the End Phase of this turn.

I think that settles most of it for the cards I did. The cards were great to begin with, so I hope I'm not being my usual hypercritical self. Oftentimes, I just correct things for the sake of correcting... I hope I'm not making more errors. I took a lot of the above text from existing YGO cards. You're the card maker, so you decide how to reword what few errors you have.

Harsh Rating: 92%

Merciful Rating: 10/10

With all due respect,

~Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac

Reality Incarnate

9.7/10

I will comment no more due to the lack of time I have to rant on for two paragraphs about how much I am jealous that I am not this godly of a card maker....

Your comment is very flattering but I must object.To begin with' date=' no one's card making skills are godly, despite how much we want them to be. Furthermore, you've ameliorated at an incredible pace, a word here meaning, "You've improved a lot." Thank you for the comments guys.[/i']

9.7/10

I will comment no more due to the lack of time I have to rant on for two paragraphs about how much I am jealous that I am not this godly of a card maker....

Your comment is very flattering but I must object.To begin with' date=' no one's card making skills are godly, despite how much we want them to be. Furthermore, you've ameliorated at an incredible pace, a word here meaning, "You've improved a lot." Thank you for the comments guys.[/i']

Thank you, but I must object as well. I see that my skills have improved and I know that I have gotten better, but you are still a much better card maker than I am. I would do nearly anything to have an imagination as great as your's.

Thanks Hunterb. I really don't picture myself to be that great of card maker. I just do what I can when I can.As far as imagination goes, I don't suddenly decide that I want to make a set. Creativity isn't something can be turned on off. Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived