Yu-Gi-Oh Mini Games Tournament

EndUser

>> WELCOME TO YU-GI-OH MINI-GAMES <<

Tournaments won and fame gained don't matter here; a diferrent approach to skill is required and lots of fun to share and obtain!
The idea is to take advantage of the game and invest on very certain tasks and combos in order to achieve victory, by playing some mini-games (which are explained as thoroughly as possible).

How, you may ask? Just keep reading! :D

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

(1) Introduction Rules

- All regular YCM rules that are suitable apply.

- There must be 4, 6 or 8 contestants. If there are 2 more interested people, they can join. However, if these are more than 2, they'll need to be patient till the next time the same (or a similar) competition starts. This is because I want to avoid overextending the duration and making the competitors play the same games again.
NOTE: In case you think the games are too hard or too boring, I can not include 1 of them (but the allowed contestants will decrease in number accordingly).

- Read the games' rules carefully and prepare your decks beforehand (this includes preparing up to 2 normal deck(s) if you wish to [one for the possible Finals and one to use among the mini-games]). There is no time rush (but you may be asked to be quick if much time passes or others would like to join in your place). Any normal deck you decide to build will be PM'ed to me.

- If there is someone who doesn't want to compete but would like to give me a helping hand, I'll have no problem. They will take control (or help) if I have IRL problems or general delays BUT I should be informed or PM'ed anyway (from the helper or the competitors).

- There will be only 1 winner. If it's lame, then we may have 3 winners. The prize(s) are not determined, however there will be.

- Of couse, ask for any questions or suggestions regarding the Tournament. If I feel or I see that something needs more explanation, I'll included it either to the bottom or in a reply.

(2) More specific rules

- All regular ygo rules and banlists apply.

- Both player's decks will be built according to what game(s) they will compete at.

- You can use cards and effects that help you achieve the game's goal but you MUSTN'T use or affect ANY of your opponent's cards under ANY circumstance. Changing the opponent's Life Points is also prohibited.

- Since the games have fixed gameplays, there is no need to intercept or interrupt your opponent during their turn.

- The games end when both players end their first turns.

- At any of the games, the player who goes 1st will draw 1 additional card during their Draw Phase.

- Both players must have exactly 40 cards in their Decks and 15 monsters in their Extra Decks (even if some monsters don't serve any purpose).

- The Deck a contestant(s) may desire to use for their regular duels should be PM'ed to me. Since the need to duel for the finals may occur, because of the restrictions used there, a player may PM a different deck for that case, to me.

- Every card is acceptable, except those from INOV and after.

(3) The mini-games themselves

[spoiler=Game #1] No more than 1 Normal Summon is allowed. The Main and Extra Deck must include at least 1 monster each with 2600 or more ATK that can only be Special/Synchro/Xyz/Fusion/Ritual Summoned, and under certain conditions (the underlined part applies for the MD monster. For Xyz Monsters, there should be at least 1 monster that requires at least 3 Materials. For Synchros, the typical "1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner" does not apply. For Fusions, requirements like Type and Attribute by themselves are not allowed.) You are allowed to Summon monsters with very simple conditions, like BLS or monsters that fall in the categories of the parenthesis, but they won't count as "the stronger monster". Cards that send card from the Deck to the Graveyard by will are not allowed (e.g. Foolish Burial), but cards that have this kind of effect included will simply not use it (unless it's archetype-restricted). However, cards/effects that will from the top of the Deck are allowed, only if they mill certain mount of cards, e.g. 2 or 3. A minimum of 5 activations and/or Summons are required.
The opponent of the turn player will draw ONLY 1 CARD for every Special Summoned monster(s) PER CHAIN. Additionally, 1 card will be drawn for every S/T card(s) activated or their effects (again, per Chain). Both players will have 1 turn to Summon the monster with the highest ATK in their entire Deck or Extra Deck. After they do, it becomes the End Phase and they have to show their opponent their Deck or Extra Deck accordingly for confirmation. After that, they shuffle all their cards into their Deck/Extra Deck and draw 5 cards.
The player who had the most cards in their hand wins the game. In case of holding the same number or cards, a coin is tossed to decide the winner. (Tip: it can be easier to simply count the cards left in someone's Deck.)

[spoiler=Game #2]
Each player will have to control a monster with its ATK boosted as much as they can boost it. Cards that double a monster's ATK (original or not) can be used ONLY if the monster's ATK won't exceed 2500 points. Cases where an effect lasts until a certain time will not be taken into consideration (so the ATK change will remain). No player can control more than 3 monsters at the same time.
The player with the monster with the highest ATK wins the game. In case of the same ATK power, a coin is tossed to decide the winner.

[spoiler=Game #3] After both player draw their cards at the start of the Duel, they both draw card until they have 15 cards in their hand. If needed, they can make use of the Banished Cards Zone to help with the mess in their hand. They can't use the rest of the Deck's cards by ANY means (this includes Special Summoning/adding cards/sending to Graveyard/drawing/banishing). HOWEVER, they are allowed to return cards from their hand, field or Graveyard to their Deck (without being able to retrieve them again). In case a player uses Pendulum cards, they can Pendulum Summon ONLY 1 monster.
The player who controls the most monsters wins the game. In case of controlling the same number of monsters, a coin is tossed to decide the winner.

[spoiler=Game #4]
Each player activates a Field Spell Card. For every 2 or more monster(s) (i) single-Summoned, (ii) at the same time (e.g. if Pendulum Summoned), or (iii) per sequence, a S/T Card Should be Set in their S/T Card Zone. For every case of the (i) (ii) (iii), the opponent will add 1 Counter to their Field Spell Card. Except the cards Set for this reason, no player is allowed to Set other S/T Cards and leave them there UNLESS they show their opponent that they have a card that can make use of those Set Cards (e.g. to destroy it for gain). A player's turn ends when they can't Set any more S/T Cards or if their S/T Card Zone is full.
The player with the most Set S/T Cards wins the game. In case of having the same number of these, the player with the least counters to their opponent's Field Spell Card is the winner. In case of the same number of Counters, a coin is tossed to decide the winner.

(4) Winner(s) and potential final duels

- Every winning player will receive 2 points. If they decided to have a regular Match, they'll receive only 1 point. If 2 players can't decide or don't choose between a mini-game or a Match, they don't receive any point. The contestant with the most points wins the entire Tournament. In case of same scores, Duels will occur (depending the number of contestants).
- The Duels will be Singles and will be conducted as follows: Each player starts with 2000 LP. Cards or effects that damage or increase a player's LP are NOT allowed, unless they are part of a card's effects BUT they WON'T be used. The rest of the rules are the regular ones. Only the monster(s) with the lower ATK in a respective player's side of the field can attack directly. The winner receives 1 point.
- In case same scores still exist, a coin (or a die) will decide the final results.

NOTE: If people want a 2nd and 3rd winner to exist, the same applies to them regarding the final scores.

- - - - - - - -

{Request to the Mods: If this fits more to be in the YGO Tournaments section, you may move it there.}

If it looks very complicated for most of you who may be interested, I can make separated topics per game and each one will start after its previous one is completed.

Also, everyone will play with (almost) everyone.

Edit: The reason Game #1 has the 2600+ATK requirement is to prevent people from Summoning, e.g. a more 100 or 1000 ATK monsters or whatever. This doesn't mean they can't Summon monsters w/o a condition, e.g. BEWD or Crimson Blader or something, but for cases like Crimson Blader there is something to know so pay attention to the details there.

Archived