Clyde (Male Protagonist)

MiracleGhost47

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better

• Version 1
    • Version 2

I'm back with something new. I haven't posted here in awhile, so I would like to restate that I am making sprites for a ROM hack in progress. This thread will showcase the male protagonist, who goes by the pseudo name of "Clyde". I have two versions of him. The first version was designed by my associate, APT. I disliked how similar it looked to the old protagonist, so I got his permission to apply edits. Then came version two. Your job will be to vote to determine which one you like more, both in terms of design and originality. 

[spoiler=Version 1]http://atexnzuucghvdg9idwnrzxquy29t.g00.photobucket.com/g00/TU9SRVBIRVVTMiRodHRwOi8vaTExNzUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9yNjI5L01pcmFjbGVHaG9zdDQ3L0NseWRlJTIwQ29tcGFyaXNvbl96cHNwZ3p5amtyai5wbmc%3D/$/$/$/$

[spoiler=Version 2]http://atexnzuucghvdg9idwnrzxquy29t.g00.photobucket.com/g00/TU9SRVBIRVVTMiRodHRwOi8vaTExNzUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9yNjI5L01pcmFjbGVHaG9zdDQ3L0NseWRlJTIwVjJfenBzYm9sbGpyZXMucG5n/$/$/$/$

For those of you who never played Pokemon FireRed before, I have included the male protagonist of the original game (right) so that you can compare it to version 1 (left). 

On version two, I have the pallet displayed for personal conveniences. You can ignore that. 

This is not meant to be a competition, and the one with more votes might not necessarily be the one inserted into the ROM. I was just curious to get the opinions of others. 

Is there a base sprite for V2? Also could you include x2 zoom versions to see more detail?

There is not base sprite for V2. There are actually 4 base sprites. I felt it wasn't worth showing them, since my main objective was to make it look different from the original protagonist. I do use a little of the original protagonist in V2, but I figured that was implied from the way the arm holding the ball is positioned. If you want to see them larger, simply paste them into Paint or some other program and use the zoom-in feature.  

• 1 month later...

Archived