Colorization of an image I found online

Forest Fire

Idk about the title, I'm lazy, ok?

So I was looking for art for an MtG card (idk what i was going to make, but anyways) and found this concept art for a Temur Djinn by Daarken (Mike Lim) that I really liked.... and I colorized it
(yay backstory..... idk anymore....)

[spoiler Original]ML_2.jpg

After I edited it (with Autodesk Pixlr):
2Z5bn3G.png\

honestly anyone else could have done it, but i thought it looked cool enough to post about.

i couldn't sleep, so i decided to dig around for a cool piece of art i could mess with and found this by a deviantart user :
[spoiler Original]eldritch_horror_by_ramsimation-d5d205q.j

after I edited it:
MOT5po8.png

again it's not much, i was just bored

i sincerely don't know why i keep doing these......

Link

[spoiler Original]Jamie-Ro-Mesmer-Female-Copy-590x786.jpg

Ksjlxin.png

another one....

[spoiler Original]zona4.jpg

dr17n5J.png

same url link as the last one

[spoiler Original]zona5.jpg

After edits:

nNtic8g.png

Never used Autodeck before haha, it does some nice colour effects though, what exactly did you do to the second one? The original just loaded and i love how you did the background and lines on it

just some effects and overlays..... one sec. i'll see if i can figure out which ones...

effects: atomic, specter

two burn overlays

.... some other stuff i don't remember...

i also stylized it to silk then to watercolor

I think GIMP is basically a free copy of photoshop with a few different features, i think i need one of the programs that are more art than photo, i've been looking at SAI or Krita i think it was called

oh i remember krita. i couldn't figure that out. though i don't know how to work photoshop at all either.

oh i remember krita. i couldn't figure that out. though i don't know how to work photoshop at all either.

It's all a matter of trial error, a little bit of google and a lot of time haha. I've only ever used Photoshop 3 or 4 times, because my school literally stole it from Adobe without paying hahaha

GIMP is a sort of simplified version, but i guess it depends where you start, you would probably like GIMP if you got the general tools down pat

Archived