Batfleck's Solo Batman Film

Any afternoon which begins with a teaser for an upcoming DCEU movie is a good afternoon in my books, and teasers don't get much juicier than the one Ben Affleck just posted to social media. Filmed on a phone, the test footage captures Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke the Terminator, fully suited and looking seriously badass in some kind of industrial warehouse.

Cryptically, Affleck has provided no clues as to what's actually being teased here. It could possibly relate to a rumor posted on cosmicbooknews.com alleged that Deathstroke was being lined up as the villain of Suicide Squad 2, but if Affleck has the exclusive, it's more likely to be related to his movie, The Batman. Then again, it could also have something to do with Justice League.

The Batman

Right now, we don't know a damn thing about Batman's solo movie, beyond the fact that Affleck is directing from a script written by himself and Geoff Johns, the creative overlord of the entire DCEU. If there's one thing you can and should expect from a Batfleck film, it's a more comic book-honoring take on the Bat universe than Nolan's trilogy, and that means a deeper exploration of the rogues gallery.

Few Batman villains are as relentless as Deathstroke, the mercenary with superhuman strength and endurance, mastery of martial arts skills and an arsenal of high-tech weaponry almost as extensive as Batman's. The Batman is likely to hit either in October 2018 or November 2019, and even the earlier date is over two years away — but would Affleck really have the exclusive from another director's movie? My guess would be that Deathstroke is being lined up as one of several rogues to appear in The Batman, with potential to appear across the DCEU.

Update: The report from The Wrap confirms my earlier speculation that Deathstroke would bring the badassery to The Batman.

Source

http://moviepilot.com/p/deathstroke-villain-of-afflecks-the-batman/4068606

Deathstroke's cool, but for some reason, I'd rather him not be in the Batman movie and in something else instead. Maybe it's because I see Deathstroke as more of a Teen Titans villain or a general antagonist for the DC Universe. I think I like the idea of him in Suicide Squad 2 if that ever gets made but in any case, I think it's cool he's coming to the DCEU.

Archived