Masked HEROs [Level 3s/4s]

Super Chaos Sonic

It's been a while (a long while) since I've done any card making, so naturally, I decided to take another turn into it and work with something I honestly think needs to be a thing: Masked HERO monsters.

However, I am talking about the non-Fusion monsters. With the obvious success of the M-HEROs and more coming onto the scene (M-HERO Blast being the current), I'm still clinging on the hope of seeing these six monsters...however, I'll just stick with making them. Shout out to JustYui for helping me with the effect ideas and the like.

Without further ado...my take on the Masked HEROs! Any suggestions for them would be much appreciated!!

[spoiler=Masked HERO Bassols]

Km2DYYI.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by "Mask Change": Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Masked HERO", except for "Masked HERO Bassols", from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

[spoiler=Masked HERO Gust]

T3ulR6h.jpg

If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your Hand.

[spoiler=Masked HERO Dusk Crow]

tgnhyfw.jpg

While this monster is in the Graveyard, if a "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card is activated: Special Summon this from the Graveyard in face-up Attack Position. You can only activate "Masked HERO Dusk Crow" effect once per turn.

[spoiler=Masked HERO Ray]

eTILVzr.jpg

Once per turn: Send 1 "Masked HERO" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Masked HERO Ray", and if you do, this card's Attribute become the same as the monster sent to the Graveyard, until the end of this turn.

[spoiler=Masked HERO Fountain]

09LNV1Y.jpg

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 "Masked HERO" monster or "Change" Quick-Play Spell in your Graveyard; return that target to the hand.

[spoiler=Masked HERO Inferno]

BXJvJbX.jpg

This card gains 200 ATK for each "Masked HERO" monster you control.

New HERO Support? Hell yeah I'm gonna check this this out.

Masked HERO Bassols:

So it Special Summons a Masked HERO when it's sent to the Graveyard by Mask Change. It's pretty good for setting up Rank 4 plays or Summoning another Masked HERO Fusion if you have another Mask Change.

Masked HERO Gust:

So Shadow Mist that triggers when sent to the Graveyard instead of when it's SS'ed? Ok it's pretty good when it's used with Mask Change or when it's detached as Xyz Material, but I can't help but feel that it needs a hard OPT because of cards like Call of the Haunted when they are chained to something like Twin Twiser or MST.

Masked HERO Dusk Crow:

Special Summons itself when a "Change" Spell Card is activated. I don't get why the effect is mandatory because you might not have another Level 4 to go into Rank 4, or another Masked Change, but whatever. It works pretty well with Bassols for Rank 4 plays, but it should be an optional effect imo.

Masked HERO Ray:

Sends a "Masked HERO" to the Graveyard and changes its attribute to the sent monster's attribute. It's pretty good for going into any Masked HERO Fusion you want and can even work pretty well with Dusk Crow since it activates its effect from the Graveyard.

Masked HERO Fountain:

Adding a "Masked HERO" or "Change" Spell Card to your hand from the Graveyard is pretty good, but I don't see ths card's effect activating in the first place because it will most likely get blown up before it gets the chance it activate it. I mean, you could dump it and revive it with Call of the Haunted, but that's just annoying. Maybe you should make it "During the Standby Phase" so that it can activate during the opponent's Standby Phase.

Masked HERO Inferno

This card is just a lame copy of Elemental HERO Heat for Masked HEROs, so giving it such a lame and boring effect when there aren't any good Masked HERO FIRE Fusions that are good in the first place makes this card useless.

Overall, I like this set, except for the last two cards. Improve on those two and it'll be a solid set. 7/10 for the meantime unless the last two become more useful.

I expected Inferno to be the one that would be the worst out of the group...I've had a hard time trying to figure out an effect for that one. Wasn't expecting Fountain to also be on that list however xD I mainly put it at "during your Standby Phase" in order for it not to be AS broken as some would think.

Regardless, I do thank you for giving your critiques on them and helping me out!

I Wasn't expecting Fountain to also be on that list however xD I mainly put it at "during your Standby Phase" in order for it not to be AS broken as some would think

Well adding to the hand isn't really broken. It'd be a slower version of Mask Charge that can only add a Change Quick-Play Spell or a Masked HERO monster.

Archived