Reflask | Science and Magics of Glass Making (6/6)

Dokutah

as the title (and the link description on my sig) goes Reflask is an Xyz-Based FIRE Aqua-Type archetype with theme revolving glass making process, particularly (magical) Laboratory Glassware. the name is an obvious pun of Reflect and Flask. play-style of the deck is to constantly copy (matching the reflective quality of glass) and "collecting samples" ("laboratory term" for basically stealing the board presence) from your opponent monster to be on equal footing. all of them also generically support Non-WATER Aqua-Type monster

[spoiler= Maindeck Monsters]

Reflask Fulgurite

FIRE / Level 4 / Aqua / Effect

If this card is Normal Summoned OR an Non-WATER Aqua-Type monster that was Summoned using this card as its Material, gains this effect. ● If this card Summoned: All Non-WATER Aqua-Type monster(s) you control gains ATK equal to ATK of opponent Monster with the Highest ATK. When "Reflask Fulgurite" or monster that use"Reflask Fulgurite" as Material is Summoned , the increased ATK returns to its Original.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

Reflask Tektite

FIRE / Level 4 / Aqua / Effect

if this card is Normal Summoned OR an Non-WATER Aqua-Type monster that was Summoned using this card as its Material, gains this effect. ● If this card Summoned: All Non-WATER Aqua-Type monster(s) you control gains DEF equal to DEF of opponent Monster with the Highest DEF. When "Reflask Tektite" or monster that use"Reflask Tektite" as Material is Summoned , the increased DEF returns to its Original.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

Reflask Trinitite

FIRE / Level 4 / Aqua / Tuner / Effect

Cannot Be Normal Summon/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (From your hand) when you Normal Summon an non-WATER Aqua-Type Monster. During either player Battle Step, when non-WATER Aqua-Type Monster you control battles: You can Discard this card from your hand; that monster gains ATK equal to total combine amount of half the ATK of opponent monster it is battling and the number of Xyz Material detached from "Reflask Xyz" monster this turn x300.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

[spoiler= Extradeck Monsters]

Reflask Uber-Beaker

FIRE / Rank 4 / Aqua / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 4 non-WATER Aqua-Type Monster

Any monster that destroyed by battling this card is attached to this card as material, instead sending it to Graveyard. "Reflask" Xyz Monster you control cannot be destroyed by Battle while this card has Xyz Material. During the end of the Damage Step this card Battles, other than with monster whose has the same Attribute as 1 of monster attached to "Reflask" Xyz Monster you control that originally own by your opponent: Detach 1 Xyz Material on this card

ATK 1000 / DEF 1500

Reflask Uber-Vial

FIRE / Rank 4 / Aqua / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 4 non-WATER Aqua-Type Monster

Any monster that destroyed by battling this card is attached to this card as material, instead sending it to Graveyard. "Reflask" Xyz Monster you control cannot be destroyed by Monster Effect while this card has Xyz Material. when the effect of opponent monster that target and/or affected this card is resolved, other than with monster whose has the same Attribute as 1 of monster attached to "Reflask" Xyz Monster you control that originally own by your opponent: Detach 1 Xyz Material on this card

ATK 500 / DEF 1500

[spoiler=Spell and Traps]

Reflask Furnace

Continuous Spell

When an "Reflask" monster is Normal or Xyz Summoned you can active 1 of these effect: ● Special Summon 1 Non-WATER Aqua-type monster from your hand ● Add 1 Non-WATER Aqua-type monster OR 1 "Reflask" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your Hand ● Special Summon 1 "Reflask" monster from your Graveyard

you can only active 1 each of "Reflask Furnace" effects once per turn.

The card text in all of these needs to be worked on in a very major way. You've got cards here with effects that, while I can glean the general meaning of what you were going for, are almost unreadable.

[spoiler=Fixed Card Text]

Fulgurite - "While this Normal Summoned OR a non-WATER Aqua-Type monster is Xyz Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material is face-up on the field, gain the following effect: All non-WATER Aqua-Type monster(s) you control gain ATK equal to the ATK value of the monster your opponent controls with the highest ATK."

Tektite - "While this Normal Summoned OR a non-WATER Aqua-Type monster is Xyz Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material is face-up on the field, gain the following effect: All non-WATER Aqua-Type monster(s) you control gain DEF equal to the DEF value of the monster your opponent controls with the highest DEF."

Uber - If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. Any monster destroyed by battle with this card is attached as an Xyz Material instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; attach that target as an Xyz Material to another "Reflask" Xyz Monster you control, except "Reflask Uber-Beaker".

Furnace - "Once per turn, when a "Reflask" monster is Normal Summoned or Xyz Summoned: Select and activate one of these effects:

* Special Summon 1 non-WATER Aqua-Type monster from your hand
* Add 1 non-WATER Aqua-Type monster or "Reflask" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand."

[spoiler=CnC]

Main Deck Monsters - I think they're a little bland and OP at the same time. I get the gimmick you were going for, and it's not necessarily bad, but the whole "Match your ATK and DEF plus we can pass this ability onto the Xyz" is just... well, boring. I think it'd be a lot cooler if, instead, their ability was only during the Damage Step, which would mimic the way that glass, while reflective, is fragile, but the broken pieces can hurt you too.

Xyz - I don't think that there's a thing for ownership in the rules, but even if there is, your effect was pointless at this stage because both of your main deck monsters are Level 4 and you don't have another Xyz who isn't Rank 4. And even if you make one that's a different rank, that's putting way too much control in your opponent's hands. Need to make everything a Level 6 to make the other Xyz? Better hope you can snag at least one Level/Rank 6 monster from me. I also personally feel like it needs a OPT clause on it.

Furnace - Again, needed a OPT, not a once each (because then, you can just Normal > Special > Xyz > Search; even BA stopped at "oh hey I've got a monster now). And honestly, I feel like you should also only be able to control one of these at a time, but I'm not the expert here so I'll let someone else chime in on that one.

Hopefully I've given you some things to think about without coming off as a jerk.

[spoiler=NobodySovereign]

first of all, thank you for coming and commenting. you does raise certain point of interest, since most of the time my wording is either not proper or intentionally unorthodox.

your fixes on Main deck monster:

1.the attack gain now occur only when used as Xyz Mat oppose of using as any material (Synchro, or Fusions) which intentional  for its "Generic" support trait. but due to how its niche the generic term here i will consider it.

2. you remove this very clause:

"When "Reflask Fulgurite" or monster that use"Reflask Fulgurite" as Material is Summoned , the increased ATK returns to its Original."

which basically a copy paste of Satellite Cannon stat reset effect. although to be fair is not PSCT standardize, but hey it exist. this clause actually less powerful as your fixes. since your clause implying the attack change is continuous (always changing upon opponent summoning the stronger monster real time) while mine only copy the current value until i summon another one.

3. you use word Value in your fixes. the only Value word in this game is  Gem-Knight Crystal Lore and a spell name (Rare Value)

fixes on Extra deck monster:

1. mostly stay the same. except for its last effect. kinda admit it is impractical as oppose your fixes...but your fixes change it to non-destruction removal that further fuel up my plays which most people will afraid upon, even with Achilles heel of targeting clause. it needs to change as the work progress but for now i disagree with the new 3rd effect

2. owning interaction is a thing

fixes on spell:

1. this spell is basically limited Deneb, Vega, Altair of tellarknights combo, which i don't think has that much impact (from what i know that combo is getting crazy in the first place only because a it splashed with Star Seraph)

2. i type "1 each of "this card name" once per turn. basically HOPT

Archived