[Finished]天体卡亭 Tiāntǐ kǎ tíng [Results Have Arrived] COMPLETED

Lung Tien Lien

Congratulations! The four of you have made it into the second stage of the contest, and now i have another task for you. You each have been paired off according to your results. [(Quasar+senorchavez) VS (EndUser+CuriousHeartless)] Your task remains the same, but this time, each of you will be responsible for only one card of the two. You must communicate with each other, be it via PM,Skype, discord, or other means, to create two cards that work together perfectly. How you do so is irrelevant to the results. The winning team will be granted 6000 points to divide amongst yourselves however you see fit, and will face myself and one other monster in a final 2v2 card contest at the end for 2000 points.

You have until Friday to turn them in. It will be the same criteria as the last time. Good luck to both teams.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is only one of us supposed to turn both our cards in?

2) Is the 2vs2 contest going to be a duel or another cardmaking contest?

1) You may turn them in one each, or have only one person submit both cards. In either case, the points will be distributed among you as you see fit should you win.

2) The 2v2 contest will be card making, and the winners of the team challenge will set the terms for what kind of card we must create. Unless of course, you believe that you are up to the challenge, and wish to duel us instead. In which case, we shall set an appropriate time for such an event.

My and CuriousHeartless's cards are about to be uploaded approx. during the next 12-18 hours; maybe even earlier. I will update this post with them when that time comes.

(This time bandwidth is due to being Friday, but also to the fact that different timezones are a thing.)

My and CuriousHeartless's cards are about to be uploaded approx. during the next 12-18 hours; maybe even earlier. I will update this post with them when that time comes.

(This time bandwidth is due to being Friday, but also to the fact that different timezones are a thing.)

That is fine. the deadline is friday, but you have all of friday to turn them in.

Here is our submission:

[spoiler=CuriousHeartless's card]
Berserker Chimera
Level 3 / EARTH / Beast Warrior / 1500 / 400 / Tuner

This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each, also it gains 100 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Beast Warrior-type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If you add "Defender Chimera" to your hand by this effect, inflict 600 damage to your opponent. A Synchro Monster using this monster as a Synchro Material can attack twice during each Battle Phase.

[spoiler=My card]
Defender Chimera
Level 5 / EARTH / Beast Warrior / 600 / 2200 / Effect

If you control an EARTH Tuner Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), also you can increase the ATK of 1 "Berserker Chimera" monster you control by 300. You can only Special Summon "Defender Chimera" once per turn this way. Your opponent cannot target Level 3 or lower monsters you control for attacks. Once only, if your opponent would activate an effect by targeting a Beast Warrior monster(s) you control (except during the Damage Step): You can negate that effect.

Here are our submissions:

[spoiler=Mine]3aO2ZP3.jpg

Lore:If this card is Tributed, or used as a Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster: You can discard 1 "Red-Eyes" monster, and if you do, draw 1 card. If a Level 7 "Red-Eyes" monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Lady with Eyes of Red" once per turn.

[spoiler=Quasar's]IG4xwdY.jpg

Lore: "Red-Eyes" monster you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can only activate 1 of the following effects of "Red-Eyes Burning Lake" per turn and only once:

•During your Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 DARK Dragon-Type or 1 Level 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand to your field.

•During either player's Battle Phase, you can Tribute 1 Level 1 DARK Dragon-Type or 1 Level 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type monster; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your Deck.

You have my sincerest apologies. I have been preoccupied greatly over these past few days, and could make no time. Indeed I remain fatigued even now, but my duty remains. so I shall proceed to complete my judgments. the tournament has ended. and the results are as follows:

CuriousHeartless&EndUser: 91/100
     senorchavez&Sad Quasar: 90/100

This was a rather close contest, and I have outlined my reasoning below. I was planning to add an aditional stage to this contest for the winner of it all, but I hope you will forgive me for skipping that particular chapter, due to both time and free time constraints in all areas. The delays stinted the progress of the contest somewhat, but i digress. To the victors, 6000 points, I will split it 3000 each, and you may further divide it amongst yourselves if you wish. To you who came in second, I will grant 1000 points each, as my display of gratitude for participating.

I hope you have all enjoyed this contest, and i wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

[spoiler=The reasoning]

CuriousHeartless&Enduser
Compatibility:  30/30 I see no  real flaws here. They are clearly made for each other, and while they would indeed work outside of said range, they are oriented towards each other quite well.
Creativity 16/20 These two monsters, they are improved versions of the swamp battleguards are they not? They appear to be relatively developed around a similar idea, in both fellowship of two monsters and typing. Nonethelesss, the effects of the first are the more offensive, which is strange, seeing as it is the lower level of the two. Even so, it supports its' higher leveled brehren well enough even then. The lower monster, if searched will clearly have an immediate avenue of summon, making a first turn summon ideal for establishing a strong board. They are indeed an interesting pair in that light.
Balance 35/40 The effects are rather powerful when outside of a vaccum, you could begin many a powerful toolbox combo using these monsters together. There are very few powerful decks relating to beast warrior monsters at the current moment though, these would be rather welcome support to the best of my current knowledge.
Grammar 10/10 I see nothing wrong here.

Final verdict: 91/100 They fit well within my requirements, and while not eccessively powerful, are a solid team, that would command respect within any deck that could utilize them.

senorchavez&Sad Quasar

Compatibility: 24/30 Well they are meant for the same archetype, but the first monster does nothing for the following field spell even if it does benefit from it. They do still open up many an amazing combination, which i must definitely discuss later. For that i still give relatively high marks.
Creativity 18/20 Well, your monster is essentially there to replenish advantage upon activating our field spell, of extending your plays after going into whatever DARK-Dragon synchro that red-eyes might choose to wield within the deck. The field spell though, is meant to supply monsters to the field, by tributing the weaker monsters already upon the field, and has quite the interesting ability to swap out during the battle phase. Which could lead to quite the amazing last munute replays
Balance 38/40 I believe iImust offer high praise unto you for these. For together, they allow you to manipulate the games mechanics in such ways that you could make many a new play, even during the battle phase, while granting your monsters protection from many of your opponent's effects. Enabling you to take advantage of replays, while further advancing your offensive and defenside game state if suddenly placed within a disadvantageous position. a terrifying ability in the hands of a skilled player. Each card has multiple merits that would make it a valuable asset even on it's own, but simply by looking at them, I can imagine many a new play that would be opened up within red eyes decks were these to be placed within.
Grammar 10/10 I see nothing wrong here.

Final verdict: 90/100 They are excelent cards, and while I cannot say that they are what  exactly what I was asking for, since they are not meant directly for each other, but for an entire archtype, they would remain splendid additions to said archetype nonetheless, and deserve high praise for what they are. indeed, they work together well enough that they might both be staples in said deck in any case, which would make them balancing partners regardless.

Archived