Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0 [Interest Check]

Dad

x1bnA6G.png

Credit for this image goes to Skaia.

Prologue

BGM:  War

Greetings.  And welcome to the world of Contractors.  A time where the lives of the innocent are placed in the hands of those who are invisible.  A world within a world, where men and women of extraordinary talent are bound to nothing more than a scrap of paper.  They remain anonymous, except to themselves, and the organizations that created them.  These people--contractors--are among the most dangerous on the planet.  And only those like themselves know they exist.

In the world of Contractors, you are a soulless husk.  A weapon for hire.  An assassin.  Your sole reason for existing is to kill.  Your organization--the ones who trained you, raised you, and have had and known everything about you since your good for nothing birth on this planet--is the key to your survival.  Your ‘allies’ are as powerful as you are, but those outside of this small ring of trust you have attempted to establish, are much stronger, and much more dangerous.  You reside under the Concealed Mass Corporation, and you are there to follow orders, no matter the cost.

A list of the greatest assassins on Earth--from one through one hundred--is pinned in numerous places in your base of operations.  Over the urinal.  Next to your bed.  On the door before you walk into your bedroom.  In the kitchen.  And permanently looped and updated electronically via a projector in the Control Room.  And while you cannot see the faces of your enemies, you know that you are not on this list.  You are an unknown.  But these assassins from this world that you live are outmaneuvering you politically, ethically, and methodically.  The world notices their actions, but they don’t know who these assassins are.  And it is your job to climb the ranks, and bring back results to Concealed Mass Corporation.

Concealed Mass has chosen seven of you to manipulate the world for the glory of the United States of America.  Where you are from is irrelevant.  As of this moment, you are an invisible force with a fake history and plastered documents making you just another jock in the USA.  What you know about yourself and your past should be forgotten.  You are not a person any more.  You are not valued.  You are not a friend.  You are an object.  You are a one man army.  You are a designated killing machine.

You are a Contractor.

As some of you may be familiar, this one is a reboot.  Due to lack of player presence, it died rather quickly.  However, this is a project I've been excited for since it's creation, and I'm looking to give it another chance.  For those of you who express interest in returning, I'm going to allow characters to return since the original didn't get very far.  However, I'm limiting the maximum cast to 5 this time.  I'm not currently looking for a co-host.  However, if the need arises, I'll bring it up

Naturally, I'll create a Skype chat for the RP and discussion purposes.  Please review the Contractors doc below as some things have been changed slightly, but are still important.  Most things have remained the same, but I'd prefer you refresh your memory before jumping into this if you're a returning player.  If you're a new player, reading the Contractor's doc is mandatory and vital to your stay in the rp.  

And finally, please try to notify me if you're going to be unavailable to post for more than three to five days.  Week long excursions without posts are bad for the flow of the rp.  If possible, I'd like to limit lack of posts between players and myself to a maximum of four days.  If you're going to be absent, please notify me so that we can adapt appropriately and the rp can continue moving.  If you are inactive without notification, I will remove you from the rp.

[spoiler=Contractors.doc]
In this link, you will find a document that lists the history of the current RP world, details about contractors, what they are, and a constantly updating database of different things happening in the world of Contractors.

Inquiries, interrogation information, and much more will be added to the document as the RP progresses.  Please be sure to check the document regularly.

[spoiler=Application]

Please remove parentheses and special characters that are written into the application before posting the application below. Feel free to include additional things you think would make your application look good.  Character head-shots and quotes are always fun.

*Character Name:  (First and Last.  Your character's name is irrelevant.  Only your character will know their own name.  However, for creativity purposes, this is still an important part of their identity.)

Character Alias:  (Your character's alias--or code name--is how they will be identified in the field.  Generally, it should relate to their strengths, or identify them in a unique way that is true to their character.  However, it can be whatever you like.  Except Sephiroth.  Don't do that.)

Character Gender:  (Whatever you want, as long as it's human.  This means male, female, identified male, or identified female, etc.)

Character Age:  (No younger than 21.  Be reasonable.  It's unlikely that an assassin is 80 years old and still in the field.)

Character's Appearance:  (A description of your character's physical appearance.  What they wear, what color their eyes are, how tall they are, and more.  A picture is acceptable.)

*Character Biography:  (Your past is a secret, and is enclosed in a top secret document maintained by the C.M.C.  As such, Biographies should be p.m.'d to me privately.  DO NOT POST THEM IN THE APPLICATION.  A minimum of two paragraphs please.  Be sure to include why they signed their contract, where they originated from, and any other information you deem pertinent.  If you are a returning player with a repeat character, copying and pasting your old bio into a PM is fine. If you want to create a new one for the character, I will accept that as well.)

Character's Personality:  (Behavioral patterns, quips, bad habits, and things of that nature.  What's your character like? One paragraph minimum.  Two is preferred, and will make your application more appealing.

Character's Latent Potential:  (Please include lengthy detail.  We should know the ins and outs of your latent potential, how long it is effective, etc.  Please refer to the Contractors Document for details on what Latent Potential is, and what is and isn't allowed.)

Character's Arsenal:  (Should include your primary weapon, secondary weapon, throwables (grenades, knives, and the like), and whatever your character would bring with them in terms of gear, into battle.)

Character's Special Skills:  (From lock-picking, to high levels of persuasion, or deciphering code, every assassin has something they excel at that no one else does.  What is it for your character?)

Character's Goals:  (This should generally include what they hope to accomplish under C.M.C, how they feel about the Contractor's List, if they want to climb the ranks, and things that would tie into constantly changing parts of the rp that directly affect them.)

All of the above spoilers and information--excluding the prologue, but especially the Contractors doc --are subject to change.  Upon change, this post shall be updated and all participants will be notified.

Archived