Melodious Support (Written) Version 2

Alspencer121793

Because my previous Melodious support thread flew under the radar and I have made changes since then I figured it would be best to create a new thread rather than necro the old one.

Main Deck

Allegro the Melodious Tempo

Level 3 Fairy Pendulum 1000/1600 Scales 1/1
Pendulum Effect: 
When this card is activated, add 1 “Largo the Melodious Tempo” from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except “Melodious” monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If all monsters you control are Special Summoned monsters; The effects of “Melodious” monsters you control and cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be negated.
If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of another card: Special Summon 1 "Largo the Melodious Tempo" from your hand or Deck. While you control this Special Summoned card, all Fairy-Type monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's Trap cards.

Largo the Melodious Tempo
Level 5 Fairy Pendulum 1800/2400 Scales 9/9
Pendulum Effect:
 You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except “Melodious" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If all monsters you control are Special Summoned monsters; "Melodious" cards you control cannot be returned to the hand or Deck by your opponent's card effects.
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "Allegro the Melodious Tempo." While this Special Summoned card is on the field, all Fairy-Type monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell cards.

Spell/Traps

2nd Movement Dal Segno

Normal Spell

Effect

If you control 1 “Melodious” monster; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Melodious” monster from your Deck or Graveyard, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Melodious” monsters. You can only activate 1 “2nd Movement Concerto” per turn.”

Melodious Duet

Normal Fusion Spell

Effect

Fusion Summon 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If Summoning a "Melodious" Fusion Monster this way, you can also banish monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion Material. You can only activate 1 “Melodious Duet” per turn

Last Movement Finale

Normal Spell

Effect

If you control 3 or more face-up "Melodious" monsters: Destroy all cards your opponent controls, but monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except "Melodious" monsters.”

Melodious Opera House

Field Spell

Effect

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Melodious" monster from your Deck to your hand. If you activate a card or effect that includes an effect that Special Summons a "Melodious" Monster, its activation cannot be negated, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects when that monster is Special Summoned. You can only activate 1 "Melodious Opera House" per turn.

Melodious Songbook

Normal Spell

Effect

Discard 1 card; Add 1 "Melodious" or "Movement" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand, except for "Melodious Songbook". You can only activate 1 "Melodious Songbook" per turn.

Melodious Da Capo

Normal Trap

Effect

Target up to 2 "Melodious" monsters with different names in your Graveyard; Special Summon them in Defense Position, but destroy them during the End Phase of your next turn. You can only activate 1 "Melodious Da Capo" per turn. .

Melodious Proscenium

Counter Trap

Effect

When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: Send 1 face-up "Melodious" monster you control to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then draw 1 card.

Extra Deck

Bloom Prima Donna the Melodious Choir

Level 10 Fairy-Type Fusion Monster

ATK 2000

DEF: 1000

Monster Effect

Bloom Diva the Melodious Choir + 2 or more "Melodious" monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. "Melodious" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, also your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken. 

• 3 weeks later...

Allegro:

Pendulum Effect: Replace that first comma with a colon, as activation is a condition, so a colon should follow to signify the effect activating. Also capitalize the “a” in “add” since you also always capitalize following a colon. The second part should read “If all monsters you control are Special Summoned monsters, the effects…” Anyway, it’s a 1 card Pendulum Scale, though it’s not exactly easily searched since most “Melodious” cards seem to Special Summon the cards from the Deck, rather than adding them to the hand. This helps contribute to the lock by preventing tech cards like “Ice Beast Zerofyne” or “Number 107: Tachyon Dragon” from, trying to negate your “Aria’s” effect. While I’m not a big fan of building cards that can fight against these techs, since this card can still be TT’d, it’s fine.

Monster Effect: The second part of the effect should read, “While this Special Summoned card is on the field, Fairy-Type monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent’s Trap Cards.” The “all” is unnecessary, as it’s implied. Anyway, decent effect that helps avoid Quaking/Storming/Drowning Mirror Force, and goes into the protection of “Melodious”.

********************************************************************************************************

Largo:

Pendulum Effect: Don’t think you need that first clause, sure it’s a scale 9, but it locks you into “Melodious” for Pendulum Summons, and the Scale 10 Deskbots don't need to blow up. Second effect is kind of annoying, making common outs like “Ignister” unusable. Guess it’s fine, just kind of annoying.

Monster Effect: The restriction on its summon is a bit nice, seeing as making them unaffected by Spells is arguably much better, as it avoids nuke cards like Raigeki and Dark Hole.

********************************************************************************************************

2nd Movement Concerto: Capitalize the “d” in “deck”. Anyway, no, you just power crept “Ties of the Brethren” a card that has done so much for this Deck. First off, this should only Special Summon 1 “Melodious” monster, and only if you control only 1 “Melodious” monster, just so it’s not immensely better, also, it should be restricted by level so you can’t just summon a “Maestra” directly from the deck. Here’s how the wording should go: “If you control 1 “Melodious” monster; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Melodious” monster from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Melodious” monsters. You can only activate 1 “2nd Movement Concerto” per turn.”

Duet: Decent archetypal poly, though there’s already a “Melodious” monster that can search “Poly”, so it’s hard to say if this would be worth it, though I’m leaning towards yes, since it allows you to use “Maestras” dumped to the Graveyard by “Crystal Rose”. Anyway, only issue is that it should be “You can only activate 1 “Melodious Duet” per turn.” and that should be at the end of the card.

Last Movement Finale: Feels a bit strong in terms of removal, it’s quick, non-targeting destruction (of any card regardless of type or position) with no cost. I’d consider making it more like this “If you control 2 or more “Melodious” monsters: You can target 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them, but monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except "Melodious" monsters.”

Opera House: With this you can search “Allegro”, which searches “Largo”, so 3 copies of this, “Allegro”, and “Terraforming” means that 9 of your 40 cards will ensure a complete scale. Glad you gave it that OPT activation condition, it does help to balance it a bit. The other effect is also nice, so you can set up your locks without worrying about them getting negated, and your Pendulum Summon won’t get solemn’d, the greatest weakness of every Pendulum deck. However, don’t think it’ll work with the Fusion Spell, as it doesn’t specify summoning a “Melodious” monster, so your opponent could negate it. Might want to check with someone on that, and also the PSCT for this card, as it seems a bit wonky, but I’m not completely sure how to fix it.

Songbook: I see you’re trying to take the wording from the Magician’s Rod/Dark Magical Circle, and unfortunately it’s not going to work. See, there’s a card called “Eyes of Timaeus” that has “Dark Magician” in its text, but it cannot be searched by them, because it say ““Dark Magician” monster”, as in a monster that contains the name “Dark Magician” in its name, such as “Dark Magician Girl”. Since it does not specifically list the card “Dark Magician” it cannot be added. Since none of the Melodious cards specify a single “Melodious” monster (other than “Allegro”), they just say ““Melodious” monsters”, no card could be added. I get wanting to be able to search some of the cards not named by archetype, but unfortunately it can’t be done.

Da Capo: Nope, way too powerful. This is basically Soul Charge with no cost. There’s no level restriction, you can grab Fusion monsters, etc. On top of that it has a really strong Graveyard effect that is so generic you could use it in any mill deck to save you a few turn.

Proscenium: Costless omni-negation for just controlling a “Melodious” monster seems a bit much, especially since this could be used to counter the one out they might have to the lock you have. Maybe consider nerfing it a bit, or have a cost like sending a “Melodious” monster you control to the Graveyard. Or just remove this altogether, I don’t think Melodious really need a Counter Trap.

Bloom Prima Donna: Nope, you can’t have a monster unaffected by card effects, and not be destroyable by battle (that basically means your only out is Kaijus). Even “Zushin” can be destroyed by battle if you use “Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon” or “Honest”, and that’s much harder to summon. You should find some other way to balance this, maybe by making it untargetable, and not destroyable by battle would be enough.

Overall: Cool idea for support, and I think it’d be nice if “Melodious” got some Pendulum support, and what you have here seems interesting.

Allegro:

Pendulum Effect: Replace that first comma with a colon, as activation is a condition, so a colon should follow to signify the effect activating. Also capitalize the “a” in “add” since you also always capitalize following a colon. The second part should read “If all monsters you control are Special Summoned monsters, the effects…” Anyway, it’s a 1 card Pendulum Scale, though it’s not exactly easily searched since most “Melodious” cards seem to Special Summon the cards from the Deck, rather than adding them to the hand. This helps contribute to the lock by preventing tech cards like “Ice Beast Zerofyne” or “Number 107: Tachyon Dragon” from, trying to negate your “Aria’s” effect. While I’m not a big fan of building cards that can fight against these techs, since this card can still be TT’d, it’s fine.

Monster Effect: The second part of the effect should read, “While this Special Summoned card is on the field, Fairy-Type monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent’s Trap Cards.” The “all” is unnecessary, as it’s implied. Anyway, decent effect that helps avoid Quaking/Storming/Drowning Mirror Force, and goes into the protection of “Melodious”.

Largo:

Pendulum Effect: Don’t think you need that first clause, sure it’s a scale 9, but it locks you into “Melodious” for Pendulum Summons, and the Scale 10 Deskbots don't need to blow up. Second effect is kind of annoying, making common outs like “Ignister” unusable. Guess it’s fine, just kind of annoying.

Monster Effect: The restriction on its summon is a bit nice, seeing as making them unaffected by Spells is arguably much better, as it avoids nuke cards like Raigeki and Dark Hole.

2nd Movement Concerto: Capitalize the “d” in “deck”. Anyway, no, you just power crept “Ties of the Brethren” a card that has done so much for this Deck. First off, this should only Special Summon 1 “Melodious” monster, and only if you control only 1 “Melodious” monster, just so it’s not immensely better, also, it should be restricted by level so you can’t just summon a “Maestra” directly from the deck. Here’s how the wording should go: “If you control 1 “Melodious” monster; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Melodious” monster from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Melodious” monsters. You can only activate 1 “2nd Movement Concerto” per turn.”

Duet: Decent archetypal poly, though there’s already a “Melodious” monster that can search “Poly”, so it’s hard to say if this would be worth it, though I’m leaning towards yes, since it allows you to use “Maestras” dumped to the Graveyard by “Crystal Rose”. Anyway, only issue is that it should be “You can only activate 1 “Melodious Duet” per turn.” and that should be at the end of the card.

Last Movement Finale: Feels a bit strong in terms of removal, it’s quick, non-targeting destruction (of any card regardless of type or position) with no cost. I’d consider making it more like this “If you control 2 or more “Melodious” monsters: You can target 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them, but monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except "Melodious" monsters.”

Opera House: With this you can search “Allegro”, which searches “Largo”, so 3 copies of this, “Allegro”, and “Terraforming” means that 9 of your 40 cards will ensure a complete scale. Glad you gave it that OPT activation condition, it does help to balance it a bit. The other effect is also nice, so you can set up your locks without worrying about them getting negated, and your Pendulum Summon won’t get solemn’d, the greatest weakness of every Pendulum deck. However, don’t think it’ll work with the Fusion Spell, as it doesn’t specify summoning a “Melodious” monster, so your opponent could negate it. Might want to check with someone on that, and also the PSCT for this card, as it seems a bit wonky, but I’m not completely sure how to fix it.

Songbook: I see you’re trying to take the wording from the Magician’s Rod/Dark Magical Circle, and unfortunately it’s not going to work. See, there’s a card called “Eyes of Timaeus” that has “Dark Magician” in its text, but it cannot be searched by them, because it say ““Dark Magician” monster”, as in a monster that contains the name “Dark Magician” in its name, such as “Dark Magician Girl”. Since it does not specifically list the card “Dark Magician” it cannot be added. Since none of the Melodious cards specify a single “Melodious” monster (other than “Allegro”), they just say ““Melodious” monsters”, no card could be added. I get wanting to be able to search some of the cards not named by archetype, but unfortunately it can’t be done.

Da Capo: Nope, way too powerful. This is basically Soul Charge with no cost. There’s no level restriction, you can grab Fusion monsters, etc. On top of that it has a really strong Graveyard effect that is so generic you could use it in any mill deck to save you a few turn.

Proscenium: Costless omni-negation for just controlling a “Melodious” monster seems a bit much, especially since this could be used to counter the one out they might have to the lock you have. Maybe consider nerfing it a bit, or have a cost like sending a “Melodious” monster you control to the Graveyard. Or just remove this altogether, I don’t think Melodious really need a Counter Trap.

Bloom Prima Donna: Nope, you can’t have a monster unaffected by card effects, and not be destroyable by battle (that basically means your only out is Kaijus). Even “Zushin” can be destroyed by battle if you use “Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon” or “Honest”, and that’s much harder to summon. You should find some other way to balance this, maybe by making it untargetable, and not destroyable by battle would be enough.

Overall: Cool idea for support, and I think it’d be nice if “Melodious” got some Pendulum support, and what you have here seems interesting.

I made a few of the recommended changes. I did however come with a few ideas of my own. However if you don't like the ideas I would be happy to change them.

1. I made the recommended changes to Allegro and Largo.

2. I made the recommended changes to 2nd movement however I added a revival effect. If you think the revival effect makes it to powerful I would be happy to remove it.

3. I tried to keep to the spirit of what I wanted to do with Songbook. It can't search every Melodious support card but at least now it can search most of them.

4. I added a couple of restrictions to Da Capo and I removed the graveyard effect. If you suggest it still needs balancing I would be happy to change it.

5. I tried to make Proscenium more balanced. If think it still needs balancing I would be happy to change it. I also know that technically Melodious don't need a counter trap but I wanted to add one for completion sake.

6. I went back to my concept of Bloom Prima Diva being a upgrade to Bloom Diva. I downgraded the protection effect to Bloom Diva's level. If you think it still needs balancing I would be happy to change it.

7. I made downgraded Last Movement from a quick-play spell to a normal spell and made it a themed Short Circuit. If you think it still needs to be changed I would be happy to.

Looks good, only complaint is Da Capo, and a few other PSCT changes.

2nd Movement: "Deck or Graveyard", not "Graveyard or Deck".

Last Movement Finale: "If you control 3 or more face-up "Melodious" monsters: Destroy..."

Melodious Songbook: "Melodious" should go before "Movement" because alphabetical order.

Bloom Prima Dona: Remove the part about not being "Prima Dona" not being destroyable by battle, as it's already implied by the second part of its effect where it say "Meldious" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. You could also give this thing targeting protection, or make its destruction protection extend to all "Melodious"

Finally my suggestions for Da Capo, I'd lower the number of monsters it can SS to 2, because there is that one Melodious monster, that when SS'd makes all "Melodious" monsters you control not destroyable by battle, and if you revive that along with 2 Fusion monsters they won't get blown up.

Target up to 2 "Melodious" monsters with different names in your Graveyard; Special Summon them in Defense Position, but destroy them during the End Phase of your next turn. You can only activate 1 "Melodious Da Capo" per turn.

Looks good, only complaint is Da Capo, and a few other PSCT changes.

2nd Movement: "Deck or Graveyard", not "Graveyard or Deck".

Last Movement Finale: "If you control 3 or more face-up "Melodious" monsters: Destroy..."

Melodious Songbook: "Melodious" should go before "Movement" because alphabetical order.

Bloom Prima Dona: Remove the part about not being "Prima Dona" not being destroyable by battle, as it's already implied by the second part of its effect where it say "Meldious" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. You could also give this thing targeting protection, or make its destruction protection extend to all "Melodious"

Finally my suggestions for Da Capo, I'd lower the number of monsters it can SS to 2, because there is that one Melodious monster, that when SS'd makes all "Melodious" monsters you control not destroyable by battle, and if you revive that along with 2 Fusion monsters they won't get blown up.

Target up to 2 "Melodious" monsters with different names in your Graveyard; Special Summon them in Defense Position, but destroy them during the End Phase of your next turn. You can only activate 1 "Melodious Da Capo" per turn.

1. I made the requested PSCT changes.

2. I fixed the wording on "Prima Donna" and I went with the first option of making it immune to targeting effects in addition to destruction effects. As an added note I changed the name back to "Prima Donna" because I think it fits the Melodious classical music puns better.

3. I made the recommended changes to "Da Capo".

Do you recommend anymore changes?

Archived