Skaia's Bandwagoning Trash Nuzlog

Alaina

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No! Not Scraw!! He was gonna be the chosen one! Noooooo!

Please tell me you killed the Latias.

No matter how many you kill they keep coming back, exactly the same strength as before. 

Noooo Scraw! Welp. This makes a certain thing I did very awkward now...

Also you keep killing off your catches. Gotta catch 'em all, Skaia!

I hold nothing against you if you're just murdering Scraw left and right in Silver...though you may be a bit dead to me. Not like full dead, like "oh I'm heaving out my lungs but I'll get over it" kind of dead.

[spoiler=Episode 8 - Of Gods and Gangsters]

McTjY2L.pngghOa3ID.png

A duo that will brave all dangers.

Hello everyone it's Skaia here once again in my continued soul crushing adventures in Random Fire Red. Where we last left off some asshat killed Scraw, we met a pokemon gangster and we were still trapped in the fires of Mt. Moon. In this episode, well I guess we'll keep braving this mountain.

Jumping right into it, we had finished last episode with clearing the entirety of the first floor. So, having already gone down the first ladder, let's go down the second one.

cniEZdq.pnghJZsnv5.png

Once again our world became a lot more rectangular.

vbmodTU.png

And quite like the last second floor, it has basically nothing to it but another stair case. Makes you wonder why there's a second floor to this tunnel in the first place. Going down that we see someone else.

aM46ShH.png

Well it looks like there's another gangster here. Being the brave young soul with no actual concept of danger that we are, let's say hi to them.

LpcRuWN.png

He does not appreciate our friendly gesture.

TgSTzUc.png6N7Ht3H.pngt8GMSYL.png

Neither did his pokemon, for that matter. Anyway, with that done, we're greeted with a little special something after the battle.

XzmLxr0.pngx6LXn39.png

Barnes is a beautiful big boy now. Fun fact, had I not turned on the national dex at the start of this LP, then the evolution prompt/animation would've started up, it would just auto cancel itself without any input from me. Thankfully, we do, so Barnes got to go through his glorious transformation. Also, sadly Barnes does not retain his sweet combination with Progi.

PJxX0Ie.png

Instead, he gains the ability to stop roaming legendaries. Because those are around frequently right? Anyway, going a bit further up from where the gangster was, we see another item.

Y3ctwVe.pngejvApnk.png

As if to compensate, we get the ability to conjure another form of weather. TM48 here is Rain Dance, which Progi seems to be compatible with. I don't know why we'd use it, since we have zero in way of water type moves or anything that benefits from rain, but hey, it's there if we need it. Anyway, that's all there is for this floor, yet again, so let's go on up and use the third and final ladder.

4yCKiQP.pngxBNa9b6.png

Once again, another rectangle.

3tbWeYb.png

That once again, does nothing but provide a transition to the lower floor.

PJPyXEd.png

Hello again third floor...or second basement? One of those two. Walking around, there isn't much in way of things to do here just yet. Going up though, there is an item.

uRjCSbA.png

For when I need to turn my edgelord great. Also walking to the side you can see something neat.

aHCI201.png

That being where we just were moments ago. However, there are also stairs leading downward, as you can see, so let's take those. Down those stairs and to the right is another one of the gangsters.

XmhwXim.png

It's amusing to think this could be the first gangaster grunt you meet and he just says something like this out of the blue to you.

U6BkbSD.pngNaauGf0.png

Nothing much to note here as Barnes is quite capable of one-shotting most small things with body slam. Anyway, beating that guy, we just have a long and circutous route to go through, until we find another gangster.

aIOkv5F.png

Wait, fossils? Don't tell me...they're a bunch of religious fanatics.

ClPl9f0.pngSki2iVX.png

This verse, same as the first. Was a little bit louder but not much worse, since cascoon knew Hyper Voice apparently. But cascoon isn't just sheet with its movepool it is also so with its stats, and thus hurt Progi not at all. Anyway, with that done, let's continue on. With the only path being upward, we walk forward and see a man in labcoat standing there.

xtDLMUz.pngbJjvk0X.png

I mean that's fine I didn't really want them anywa- Oh we're battling okay.

EdDaWR7.png

A shadow of Barnes's former self.

FPO8ImR.pngIzy3oiv.png

The next two aren't nearly as good for puns. Though it does pain me to have to kill Nine, we must continue to hurl rocks at it so that we may continue. Anyway, with that done, the super nerd has a change of heart.

L4uMiMx.png

I mean I didn't really want them anyway, but if you're offering. So walking up we got two rocks on the ground, we see that they are indeed labeled as fossils.

rr4GqpY.pngc3Kcj4c.png

Now, under normal circumstances when you take these to cinnabar they'd either be ressurected as the ancient pokemon, our lord and savior and the great betrayer respectively, but I'm not sure if the same holds true for this run or not. I imagine they'd count as static pokemon and thus be changed, but who knows. Anyway, because they both look like they're helix fossils, really, and I like omanyte better regardless, let's take the helix fossil. After doing so, the nerd man runs over and grabs Dome. Have fun with whatever ancient secrets are hidden in there.

Continuing forward and to the left, we see another item as well as a ladder.

suQE17O.png

Well, that's certainly be useful. Going up the stairs into what is, yet again, another transition rectangle, we find another ladder that dumps us out of the mountain.

huCyRE6.png

Feels nice to finally be out of that hell hole. Anyway, while this would normally be a good place to stop, we're not all that far from the next town so let's keep pressing forward. Walking just a bit to the right we find these two dudes in quite the stare down. Now, these are both move tutors for I believe Mega Punch and Mega Kick.

3SdgHTM.pngi3pGgW6.pngvGmcYPH.png

The ultimate attack. Saying no to learning it is also pretty funny.

dVnUAPd.png

Milk Drink was quite easily the most useful move that Scraw knew, so I think I understand its worth. Let's see the other guy.

DakMJ9g.pngWQB7iap.pngn580aId.png

I think I just died a little.

zM3Vg4q.png

When I need to beat the first rival battle, I'll be sure to see you about it. Not really wanting to mess with the current movepool of our heroic duo, we leave the move tutors to their devices and go traveling down this route.

bW27MtH.pngwdbEjpp.png

It's Mirror Coat.

gQ8MbHg.png

And this is grass. This is still a part of Route 4, which would normally suck if Route 4 had actually had anything on it prior to Mt. Moon. So, looking for a third member here let's just go run about a bit.

*Insert Mankey Image here because I'm trash who forgot to take screen cap*

All Humans descend from Class Mankey. Anyway, because I'm 99% certain that anything Barnes does will murder this thing, we switch in to Progi to ember it. And while it does shave off like 95% of its health, that 5% is enough for me to start throwing pokeballs at it.

EJ4AvEQ.pnghbPRcvO.png

After a long time, we finally have our newest member. Let us check out what Java here has.

MGkW2Su.pngPWEo0DS.png9B9HQOq.png

That's quite the normal moveset she's got there. Also, hey, Lightning Rod. That's a pretty good ability. In Gen V. Really, all it does for us here is assure that Thunder will never miss Java, because Double Battles aren't even really a thing. Ah well, just glad to have another member. With them in tow, we leave the grass behind us and beeline it for the next city.

OcrCeAW.png

How blue. With that, we make it to the pokemon center without incident and thus, reach a good stopping point for the episode. So, as always, I'm your ambiguously attractive or ugly host Skaia here, and I will see you next time.

The Team

5WWExGv.pngoDQAMbK.pngPWEo0DS.png

Special Guest Stars

Mt. Moon Continued 

EI04IR4.png2vPQ2m3.pngTmdtHnD.png

Route 4

7n43KCx.pngTvpIwlQ.pngtquuffc.png

NHzwMOW.png703kqxa.png5pgQOCC.png

yXSx3nN.png

A lot shorter than the last ones, a bit busy today. 

[spoiler=Episode 9 - The Greatest of Cities]

5WWExGv.pngoDQAMbK.pngPWEo0DS.png

A duo turned trio.

Hello everybody and welcome back to Skaia's wagon of disproportionate bands, where we play Pokemon Fire Red. In the last episode, we dealt with some gangsters, got a fossil and got a third party member. In this episode, we shall explore the wonders of Cerulean City.

9JVFl63.png

Like this pokemon center.

AKJxffH.png

Or this house.

ViLmmRA.png

Or another house! And a building that has a bunch of bike corpses laid next to it.

OYgkN1Q.png

Or a house that we can't go into! Or the gym or pokemart....And that's about it for what we can go see. And we will go see those...in a bit. First thing's first, gotta train Java up to snuff. So, one training montage later.

MeUwgjg.png

They're so normal...It learned another move during this time as well, which was bide. I don't think I ever want to chance using Bide so headbutt is much better in its place. Anyway, going back to Cerulean, let's take a look around. The first house we looked at doesn't have much, just two old people, one who informs us that her husband enjoys trading pokemon. Let's go look at what offers he may have.

kccrvM4.pngBVm91ed.png

Getting traded a haunter actually sounds pretty amazing. Sadly, all I have is a helix fossil not an amber, so will have to say no for now. Going to the second hosue we saw there isn't really much except an old man who doesn't have much to say. Let's go to the bike corpse-yard.

IiDYULV.png

Or bike shop. Well I've always wanted to handle my cave pretty easily, so let's get in there.  Going in there, it's not much but a few people walking about and mor bike corpses. Going up to the clerk we inquire about a new bike.

vLurrKj.png

Universal medical care. Free. Devices that have hammerspace within them and capture legendary beasts. Like 200. A bike? Apparently the most precious of all objects in this universe because there's nothing that even comes close to their prices. So, we'll have to say no thanks to the guy's face, and much harsher things behind his back. Going further up we discover:

eDcdQtn.png

TWO MORE HOUSES! Will the wonders of the city life ever stop amazing me. Going into the first one, there's nothing there but a guy who describes badges to us but there's also an exit on the other side of his house. Going out of it we find nothing but flowers, but hidden away there's an item.

7bD3wv1.png

Awesome. I don't even know what this does for us other than being good material to sell. Anyway, moving on to the next building there's just some dude who gives us a jar to crush berries into. Neat. There's one final house, and our way out of this godforsaken hell hole.

1PZ88Na.png

That being, this house. However, there's some guy in the way. Why guy. Why are you in our way?

e7H4fSu.pngwkW58Jo.pngxN0yEXb.png

The police should look into hiring more ten year olds. Regardless, because the gangsters are actually capable of real crime we are unable to actually go through there. However, let's ignore that for now and instead move upward further in the city. As we go there, we see a bridge.

s3Q2lRs.png

Hi Seth.

kmaTwG8.pngLpzUYGr.png

I bet none of them are Lucina though. Anyway, let's see what Seth has in store for us here. Leading out we have Java.

70XgC32.png

Against this jabroni. Well, I guess Seth realized that Brock's diglet was hell on earth for me and so decided to go get one himself.

Agc29zx.png

Man funk you Seth. So our team is immediately sent back to two and Barnes just goes to murder the dugtrio.

3EiqKFL.png2DLP8Cz.png5zogOrq.png

One by one they all fall to Barnes's might and there's not much left for us to deal with here.

zOuhoNx.png

You're dead to me.

alIlkFR.pngaudYzk7.pngyLNw6e3.pngsQ6al8q.png

NTgvrYS.pnghx885Vk.pngMJop4uz.png

Well, with that we have our next quest. To go meet some guy so we can thank him for inventing the Cloud storage system. Anyway, with him wanting to smell us later let's go venture forth across this bri-

GBlYnh6.pngidvg1ES.pnga4pNNGK.png

One day Seth. You'll get yours. One day. Anyway, he's gives us the fame checker, which I neither actually know what it does nor do I care to learn about it. Now then we're probably going to have a long string of battles next part, and a party death is always a buzz kill, so I'm going to just cut it here. So, sorry for the shorter part but yeah, next episode we'll see Barnes and Progi take on a bridge full of trainers. Until then, see you later. 

The Team

RHgHlU1.pngvYfBtpp.png

Always In Our Hearts

WLPAUwl.png

[spoiler=Episode 10 - That One Movie to Do With Short Term Memory Loss]

RHgHlU1.pngvYfBtpp.png

A true heroic duo.

Hello everyone, and welcome back to another episode of let's brave random hell. Where we last off, Seth murdered Java because he hates me. He also gave me a way to check out how popular I am. But more importantly, he told me to go meet young Bill Gates and thank him for inventing the cloud computing system. So, let's go do that.

3DmFrwM.png

To meet that end, we must cross this bridge.

YJquVlO.png

Hey it's a new route. It's pretty funny how these routes are numbered, given that we had 1 and 2 right next to 22, and then go from 4 to 24. Now granted, there's a reason for it, but it doesn't make it any less humorous. Anyway, going up this bridge we see a few trainers lined up across the bridge.

F65SaYy.pngrr2hKls.pngIMBlpCe.png

Does that mean someone just hired them to just stand on this random bridge that doesn't even really connect to anything just to challenge people? Some people in this world have too much time on their hands. Anyway, despite what Seth would have us believe.

L9Gi5cP.png

We're quite overleveled for here. Which I suppose makes sense since all of our trainer exp has been funneled into three members thus far.

TtTGTo4.pngfXfCOSv.pngzOQzSuO.png

As such, these pokemon prove little to no challenge for us. The damage actually came entirely from Walrein and its rough skin. Next up.

tnijMay.pngEutecu5.pngwHCfy0P.png

Super Serious.

PVXlpRR.png

I'm sure it won-

TbUdvSG.png

Oh....Despite Progi having a good 8 levels on this thing, a legendary is still a legendary. As such, this thing is pretty bulky and is packing double edge to boot. 

kkyKePk.png

But even that can't stand up to Progi's chompers. Next on the list.

vaM9H73.png

Jesus Timmy is not funking around here.

drmqHlO.png

Barnes is, likewise, not funking around and one shots the thing. Because STAB Body Slam is love. Anyway, beating Timmy, we move to the next one.

hwXjGmI.png

I would be if I was actually locked into this bridge and couldn't just heal whenever I felt like it.

C7k1ZBr.png

This thing haunts me always. But it only seems to know quick attack, which lets Progi ember it down quickly.

fYop8PV.png

It has bite. Progi has Hyper Bite. The math was not on the fish's side.

mREBVUp.png

Let's see if you're as hardcore as Timmy.

0IaHVtL.png

Hm, last time I fought one of these, they had a pretty hardcore movepool. However, this time around it only whirlwinds, which switches me into Barnes who is more than capable of dealing with a rock fire type. With that done, let's move on to the end of the bridge.

lD7gCZ4.pngM5COPh1.png2gWz1rB.png

Mystery trainer, eh? That's a bit weird. Also, the fact that we got a nugget from this is actually a very good sign for reasons I won't get into.

V8NPi37.pnga0AsyWY.png

These rocket recruiters don't really know what subtlety is. Note to future criminal organizations, try not to market yourself as a criminal organization. 

S4EZP9v.png

Nope.

DpLT6No.png

I mean as convincing as you are, still no. 

Ln3u1Pl.pngss8vePl.png

I do have ears, in case you didn't notice, I am aware of this. 

Er7fdpm.png

Wow this is a very pushy recruiter. Also gotta love how they basically set this whole thing up to be like, "hey we're criminals you should totally join us," not like, 30 feet from a police investigation. I don't know which agency is more incompetent here. Anyway, he battles us so let's see what he's got.

2N2oHrE.png

I will enjoy killing you.

omeLQhE.png

Use your imagination here.

jIUKImd.pngNzpy5US.png

Sadly we have no plans on joining a criminal organization and completely overtaking it. Us, the ten year old overlord who this grunt thinks can make it big. Sadly, we also have no plans to turn this quite clearly shady person over to the authorities just 50 feet over, and he has no plans to leave this spot after revealing who he is. Come to think of it, didn't Seth have to pass through these guys too? Didn't feel like mentioning the whole criminal organization thing, nice. What a guy. Anyway, pointing things out aside we have something special on this route.

tA85DL8.png

Grass. More specifically.

GddEN5r.png

Blast burning grass. We are met with this pokemon once again, and while Castform has a neat move, it's also level 7...for some reason. I don't know why the wild levels are still this low, but oh well. Anyway, throwing pokeball after pokeball at it does nothing and so I just settle to let it struggle itself down first by doing constant switching. This is a very time consuming process but at the end of the day.

qTE0oi4.png

It kills itself because of its low catch rate. Adding insult to injury we no longer have any pokeballs. However, what we do have is a nugget. And while everything else in my bag is worth like, 100ish pokeroo, this thing is worth like 5000. So, with that, I just stock up on like 20 more of them and go back to trying to meet this Bill Person. Also, when leaving Cerulean City to go through the bridge, noticed something.

tZsrAed.png

The answer is both of them are. Anyway, going up through Nugget Bridge, at the top of the map we find an item.

H6yORSA.pngAPKF31S.png

This is Spite. I feel this is very fitting. Also, in the grass, was a trainer.

Wl5SkNA.png

Hey you have eyes, nice job kid.

kcDcuk2.png7heCCLw.pngz3nEn3g.png

And not much else sadly. Anyway, let's walk a bit to the right now.

MWWRzF5.png

Wait why is this a seperate entity altogether. The previous "route" was literally just a bridge, water, and something else. This is the only thing with actual road. But uh, I'm not complaining. As you can see, there's more grass up there. So let's see what our first pokemon here is-

kkzddgj.png

Spite. Right. Fitting. So. I guess we'll just, not pay that any mind and move on.

dNX2SXn.png

Well, at least someone's still motivated after moving through the fires of Mt. Moon. Anyway, Progi kills a thing and he gets a new power.

xzLTf5m.pnghbmt85o.pngKao6BhY.png

The murder machine continues. While I'd love to use it immediately,

XBUGsd6.png

This is not a fitting test subject. Anyway, with a single ember it goes down and let us go to another trainer.

IX1UHNv.png

Seems like a place to do so. Anyway, let us see what Youngster Joey here has in store for us.

lrc4Wke.png

This thing would be terrifying with Zap Cannon if Progi's typing made sense with its aesthetic.

j7nhQWH.png

This, however, is a perfect Thunder subject. Also, it knew Flamethrower. That might've been terrifying if not for everything working against it. Continuing on.

cpBezeZ.png

What kind of primitive group of people are they.

Lf5EaL3.png

A dead kind. Then after that I passed two trainers that I forgot to screencap sheet from. It wasn't anything impressive.

CVk70nU.png

Then you're probably better off not just standing still.

ASXlYki.pngdn2kRrc.pngKmMq9W7.pngi6XABPO.png

What is it with trainers and their Raikous. Anyway, Barnes gets a new move.

UrCVMpL.png

But Barnes has already a god tier moveset so we don't need it.

aWr1l82.png

Alright Mr. Cool Guy. I forgot to take pictures of his solrock and lairon. Needless to say, I will never be able to take pictures of them again. Anyway, going above them, we see another item.

X6DlErW.png

This is Crush Claw. And both our members can learn it, but their current normal moves are better so yeah.

8A6C1xz.png

Then I knew.

6eyIzS6.png1qU3brH.png

That I had to beat you. Also I learned that twin needle can poison, that was interesting.

8EZx6bN.png4EDKmPR.pngro4nUMu.png

(forgot to screencap mawile)

Don't sell your own pokemon short. Anyway, beating them, we have finally made our way to the end of the route.

2rTIIlx.png

And with it, we have found the man we were sent to thank. So let's do that.

zuGWxMx.png

Well not much in here but a single pokemon. But let's go check it out.

G3bHbwv.pngztkiq7s.png

What the-

The Team

INWP0O8.pngbJWUr0S.png

Special Guest Stars

Route 24

vqwbjY9.pngfdYeDMu.pngfWXr3Bc.pngoRQEqas.png

Route 25

kdHbCdt.pngFVEdukr.png9zX02z3.png

p6MO4AD.pnguZt2N8m.pngxqpfjxb.png

NIYKwhW.png

While getting screenshots for Route 25, not once did I see another Exploud. 

This chapter should be called "Skaia beats up a lot of legendaries and talks smack about the institution. Also the episode where Seth is too lazy to go to the authorities. Because my priorities are to battle my rival, of course. You could also call this the episode where Skaia yet again does not catch anything and probably will still have these two Pokemon by the time he gets to the Elite Four. XD

• 3 months later...
[spoiler=Episode 11 - Fancy Do's]
Hey there everyone, on last week's episode (last uh...few...many...weeks,) we had gone through the route above Cerulean City, battled a criminal organization and fought our way through a bunch of kids using legendaries. We also didn't get a new pokemon. And where we last left off was...

G3bHbwv.pngztkiq7s.png

Right. That. 

LUTwRdU.pngyickK5g.png

Ah yes, that hip 90's lingo. 

cJYGY9O.png5nHfxDp.png

So while this seems both bizarre and probably shady, who are we to say no to this person turned pokemon? So, the apparent genius who did this to himself goes into his incredibly short distance "Teleporter" and tells us to go to his PC to get the restoration process a going. 

mVpBKXt.png

Either this is an incredibly easy process to start up or we're a tech wizard. Also glad he had this thing prepared for if his teleportation procedure turned him into a pokemon...somehow. Geniuses I swear. Anyway, after we boot up the process, with naught but a few seconds passing by

p8B4xRR.png

He's a human again. 

otdOrcU.png

And a cowboy at that. Anyway, this here is Bill, and he wants to show us his pokemon collection. Sadly, we have zero interest in it, though I am kind of curious about what Bill actually has. In an odd twist of fate, though, rather than us thanking him for creating literally the best storage system that has ever existed, he thanks us for our services by giving us

4354m9M.png

A boat ticket. Cool, I've always wanted to go on a cruise ship, I guess. He says its in Vermilion City, which is a bit of a way south from here, and that there's apparently a ton of trainers on board. Bill was apparently invited on board this but he uh

O8UwOTl.png

I'm not even sure what that means. But what man's fancy do's is another man's boat ticket I guess. So, with having saved easily one of the most important people in the world from their fate as a pokemon and getting a boat ticket I think this is as good a place as any to stop. So thank you all for reading and until next time, I'm your host Skaia.  

What? Too short? Huh, well I guess so bu- Okay okay, fine. I guess there's something else I can do this episode. 

Eea52Ki.png

Specifically this. So, I guess for this episode we'll go tackle the Cerulean Gym.

w9iNvAg.pngDEs0QsV.png

So we're out to beat this Misty and, of course, Seth has already beaten us here. I guess he was doing this instead of being a fine upstanding citizen...because that's what we're doing here. 

LVE9wpg.png90lBET2.png

This guy wants to give me some, no doubt, incredibly useful advice like he did last time. 

kU5ixIj.pngEaEKA8Z.pnggjLEwRy.png

Well, Barnes has Frenzy Plant and Progi has Thunder so I guess we could use those. Though, I sincerely doubt that Misty is going to be a pro with water-types. So, like last time there are trainers here as well, only these ones we can avoid. 

kFvOklt.png

But why would you want to miss writing like this. So we got our first trainer here, Luis. And to start off with we got a 

Qx626UU.png

Well, that's certainly not water. Nor does it seem to know electric moves, but it does know sludge bomb and does manage to poison Barnes. Granted, it proves no real issue and we get our next opponent. 

XddQJmb.png

This thing was kind of scary because I used Thunder, missed, and it used Revenge. Not sure if I would've killed it with that, so who knows. However, when I hyper fanged it it used...psybeam. That Gen 3 AI really showing it knows whats what. However, not being able to stand up to Progi, it falls and we get to move on to the next challenge. 

N0LRPVV.png
Baka. So this person whose more than good enough for us sends out a Bagon and in one Body Slam proves. 

0sExt4h.png

They weren't quite good enough. So, with both of those chumps out of the way, we move on to the gym leader. 

AkSZVH2.pngAdEhL7n.png6tfFtYp.png

A policy? When it comes to catching pokemon, I just try to weaken them and then catch them like normal but...well, it doesn't seem very effective. 

PUjm4cO.png

Though I think it might be better than this one. 

jAc7gDk.png

Anyway, yes. We began our fight against the second gym leader, Misty. Let us see what this all out offensive water pokemon pro is going to show us today.
 u65VxZH.jpg?1

I mean uh

JGJVoRS.png

There we go. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think grass moves are the way to go against this thing. Rock moves, however. On point. The thing also apparently had rough skin, so it manages to knick Barnes a bit. And her second all out offense water pokemon is

d0Tvbqs.png

Yeah, grass, still not the way to do things here. 

E1IlGB1.png

Body slams, however, definitely. With that done, we have won against this gym in a far more painless manner than the one prior to it. So, Misty gives us our Cascade badge, tells us we can now use Cut outside of battle, because we definitely have Cut and decides to give us her "favorite" TM. 

UxAWEoR.png
Because when I'm trying to catch pokemon I really need to blow them away in order to make them want to stay. It also always amuses me that this text is not hard coded. Alright, so, with all that done, we managed to save Bill and beat Misty. Next episode I uh...I guess we'll go exploring the rest of Kanto or something. Until then, later. 

THE DYNAMIC PUNCHED DUO 

RlNMb7y.png1wfCCYp.png

[spoiler=Episode 12 - Sacred Firing Ourselves Into Trouble]

Our Heroes 
RrkzE3V.pngLxjgAI1.png
JQsfKh0.png9dtBXSd.png

Hello everyone, Skaia back here again. Sorry if you were expecting anyone else. Regardless, in the last episode of bumblefucking through the pokemon world we saved a man from his fate as living the rest of his days as a pokemon and managed to beat our second gym without a hitch. In this episode we'll deal with

TekZYWe.png

The Law. 

POrxrWO.pngT1Y45ow.pngdBjMuTc.png

And all of its negligence. Regardless, because this guy seems to be completely stumped as to how to carry out his job, he has conveniently moved to the side of the door and is allowing us to walk into both some random person's house and a crime scene all at once. Thanks buddy. Well, let's just see what's inside. 

gRKHvgZ.png

Well, that's certainly a bummer. Especially when allegedly a pokemon just kind of trapsed around here until it burst through the wall, or something. I wonder what could have done such a thing. Oh well, let's check on the robbed here. 

yRXlHr9.png

Uh...ok?

KATrP3X.pngz52IU3p.png
TDkCIDm.pngnDNIihN.png

Boy I'll bet. Not every day you get the flames of the rainbow bird in a disk. Now, I'm gonna guess he says Dig here in the original version. Which makes it a darn shame that the girl above didn't say they must be trying to Sacred Fire themselves into trouble. 

RwfJRAk.png

Or just poor housekeeping. Regardless, let's just go through this gaping hole in the wall and see what lies beyond. 

r3LWk2s.png

I'm pretty sure this is a road not a yard...leading out from a destroyed hole in the wall. But uh, were this a yard, it's not like it's his either. 

4nGimNE.pngVxWwr2q.png

No wonder they've been able to elude the police for this long. Anyway, namelss grunt #5 decides to battle us since we aren't having any of his obvious bullshit. So let's see what he's got. 

JHdbfwr.png

Yeah, I could see you breaking through a wall with that. And for his next trick. 

aQRdkr4.png

You know I could see that making those foot prints in there too. Way to go randomizer, you really pull through. Anyway, because Barnes is far stronger than any pokemon should be by this point, he makes quick work of them in one body slam. 

IBmHvuX.png

I would much rather turn you over to the police though. 

arZ0BGp.png3MRsOti.png

Before that, though, he shoves this TM on us and then poofs out of the scene entirely. As one would expect, TM 28 is of course Sacred Fire. And, as luck would have it

N8xIeIw.png

Progi is able to learn this move. Unfortunately the only move I could see myself getting rid of for this, is Ember. And a moveset of Sacred Fire, Hyper Fang, and Thunder does not make for a good catching moveset. So we'll just pocket that and be on our way. What, you think we should return the stolen TM? Fine, let's go do that. 

FZJ2NhZ.png

Well alright then. He then resolves to go and catch a pokemon that can learn sacred fire naturally. This is one ambitious man. So, with that done, we follow the path downward and have finally reached the end of Cerulean City. 

lFIyo60.png

Given that our only other way out was through a tree that we can't cut, I figure that man did us a solid but robbing the place. Continuing down the road, we eventually leave Cerulean proper. 

DL50Ndy.png

And are now in a new place to attempt catching pokemon. So moving down a bit we enter grass and run into our first encounter. 

4sSDdRy.png

Hey there Bill. I have no delusions of weakning this thing given just how much stronger I am than it, and thus I just chuck pokeballs at it from full health. Thankfully it's weak as sheet so it poses no real threat to Progi. And, as luck would have it. 

4B1HsMQ.png

Maybe I should change my pokemon policy. 

N46kac6.png

Adding an e at the end makes it a female name. So let's check little Belle out. 

CQYS4Tj.png8WIQOzw.pngATpwCgT.png

I can't. Well, I guess that man's search is going to be a lot shorter than I expected. Continuing down this route we eventually stop by here. 

5TR9Qye.png

But nobody cares about this place so we'll keep moving on. Going down we find a building that we can enter and inside is another police officer. 

ozNCFom.pngaLmPpKv.png

Who exists entirely to bar our progress, quite like the last one. Because the road outside is closed. The road of me from inside this building to me outside this building...But gee is he thirsty. Regardless, we aren't getting through here so let's find another way to continue our journey.

dd4a78e.png

This convenient underground path seems as good as any. Once inside there, there's not much to it other than just a staircase and a girl. Who, when we talk to seems to have an offer for us.

6swbjNm.pngxR2ON8H.png

While I would most definitely want to, such is not in the cards. Regardless, let's go downstairs to see what interactive wonderment awaits us down there. 

reUD6pC.pnglQnXC0O.png7NdsUWv.png
kIN90uj.pngtwj4F9V.png
And that's about it. This was probably one of the last things they made in the world and the color changing floor is probably just so you don't feel like you're walking down an endless corridor. But just to show how low effort this place is, look at how seamlessly the pictures merge into each other. Regardless, it gets us to where we want to go, and so let's see what lies above. 

bNnMhRS.png

It seemed rather bright down there if you ask me. Anyway, going outside a bit we are greeted with 

8RACaK2.png

A new route. Which is where I shall end it for today's instalment. So, until next time, folks, keep calm. And Sacred Fire. 

The Team

cgVv0Pq.pngj6YrrYs.pngrFkOdcU.png

Special Guest Stars 
Route 5 
1e287cc.pngv6Biac8.pngiuWv5Mq.png

Not once did I see another Cleffa. 

[spoiler=Episode 13 - He's a Brick....House]

Finally a Trio 
cgVv0Pq.pngj6YrrYs.pngrFkOdcU.png

Hey everyone, it's Skaia here back with the next instalment of Pokemon Fire Red Randomized Nuzlocke. Wow that's a mouthful. Pokemon FRRN...Pokemon Fern version, there we go. Anyway, in the last part we beat a gangster, learned about a man's insatiable thirst, walked through a color changing tunnel and got ourselves a new pokemon. In this episode we hopefully do the very same thing. But first, let's go up from where we were. 

N2Th2AY.png

We see another outpost going into the city we couldn't enter before. Going into it we find another guard and he enlightens about how things are. 

oDiNAyE.pngpRUankC.png

Well, apparently all the guards have a thirst problem and every road is closed. Hell, the city might just be under renovation right now. So, with nothing left here to do, let's just see what Route 6 has got for us. 

9WWu0sF.png

The Levels might be a bit skewed here. As such, I'm not really sure if I can weaken it at all. But throwing balls at it doesn't seem that effective, as one would expect of Regirock. So, not wanting to just aimlessly chuck balls at this thing I ember it. And it doesn't take much damage. However. 

2gsYlIQ.png

sheet. Being on a bit of a time-limit here I have to frantically chuck more balls at it. And given my luck things look grim. 

JqXQRbC.png2MdPeBl.png

But surprisingly work out. And because I've got shitty visual novels on the brain, his name is Tesla. Well, there's another reason, and this is also the reason why Progi was in literally no danger during this time period. 

lVA7SlN.pngcwlqVFT.pngpoEO2SV.png

Yeah that's right, he's packing two electric moves, and of pretty high power and value at that. Sadly, he's got a sheet special attack stat, but I'm willing to overlook this because his ability is like, literally the best thing it could've been. Now then, teleporting back to Cerulean to patch up Tesla, we then go on a training montage because he's a bit low in the stats department. And so, after a bit of training we get Tesla a bit up there. 

qxrKE2Z.png

Note, he didn't actually naturally learn crush claw. He just got it from a TM that I had an apparently was compatable, so I could speed up the killing. He can also learn Sacred Fire. Also while training I found out that Skarmory had Blast Burn and Fissure. A bit too scary for my liking. With that out of the way, time to finally explore Route 6 proper. 

rsfe3S5.png

But there are sure are some rocks. So bugcatcher Keigo challenges us and starts off with. 

EnX2cCW.png

While I might be a tad bit scared of it, Tesla proves to somehow be faster than it and in a single thunder. 

hw3dUnO.png

Shows why he has his name. Next on the list from Keigo is

8OSTa1x.png

A dog. One that terrifies me as it opens with Overheat. It then goes to brick break this brick house of a mon and it, of course, crits. While Tesla manages to barely hang on, I try to switch out into Progi but, of course, this thing has Arena Trap. Thankfully, I have a super potion. Even more thankfully, in the turns left it only uses Brick Break once more, and then another Overheat and...Aurora Beam I guess. At the end of the day though. 

g9xRLwS.png

The Rock stands on top. With him switching out to his last pokemon, I too, switch out mine. 

PS0dEP8.png

A really brawn vs birds match up we got here. 

863R98t.png

Thankfully the bird is super jacked up. As such, it falls without much resistance and we have defeated Keigo. 

kYuckG4.png

No, there really aren't a lot of bugs in the area kid. So, dabbin a potion over Tesla's wounds, we keep on soldierin on. 

jAAr6tP.png

I know at the least that Barnes and Progi are. Let's see how Tesla fairs against

*Insert Serviper Image that I didn't take*

Snake. Low kicking Snake. Now Tesla might be a brick house but this low kick nearly drops it in one shot. So I bring out Barnes, while this thing oddly Charges, and bring it down in one body slam. With that done, let's heal our team up and see what other challenges lie on this route. 

XwPitbC.png

You weren't even saying anything. Just staring at each other. I guess they were talking with their eyes. 

QUOCwPw.png

So Ricky here brings out the Skitty and I, unfortunately, have no Wailord to fight against it. Regardless, Tesla will do. This skitty has Rough Skin but other than that does prtty much nothing and Tesla wins without much of a hitch. Next up. 

I8FOfS7.png

Fine sorry, I'll stop interrupting your eye talks. 

tWUWOEj.png

While this thing has Teeterdance, Tesla manages to strike it with a crush claw. Going in for the kill this person...switches. Switching into 

GQH0Eu1.png

The biggest nightmare my team has to face. This thing knows at least Thunder wave and blizzard, and my team has no shortage of weakness to Ice type attacks. In it's time away, Lileep also apparently learn Magnitude. While a Magnitude 6 does not much damage to Tesla, in fact it hitting itself did more, I now know that it's more than likely going to spam this move. So, switching in Barnes, he gives 'em the old one two mach punch special and 

PmzaiwE.png

It's down. With only a Meowth left, Barnes brings in the Mach Punch and brings down the cat. Also, from Lileep fainting Tesla gained a level and learned Conversion 2. So uh...that's a thing I guess. Anyway, moving on. 

9yLNSEf.png

I didn't even say anything. Starting out here. 

8gRhvXN.png

This thing has intimdate. And is immune to 2/3s of Tesla's moves. However.

Y8l5vvB.png

It's also partially brain dead. Next on the list. 

l4UGIze.pngKzZLs20.png

Not much of note. And with that, we reach the final challenger of Route 6.

sDCgBVF.png

No, I would much rather not.  

fLvPiE3.png

Man, this crush claw thing is not working out. 

L2nQqtU.png

This Thunder thing is, though. 

wSIqNeG.png

This is all that's left, and with just a crush claw or two it goes down. With that, we have cleared Route 6 and Tesla gained another level. Moving just a bit further south, we finally enter the next place we need to get to. 

OSxFiEZ.png

Nothing to do with the color Vermilion. So, let's go explore the place why don't we. Over on the left side we have. 

tH6fobs.png

A building we can't enter, a random house and the pokemon center. Well, let's check out what's inside this random house. 

EVCpBxm.pnggayxL1U.pngH2GtUUj.png

I mean, they're cool yeah. 

WZ0ohbN.pngksJ9DLX.pngwuBP7LM.png

And with that we have the old rod. It's primary function will be to get us a pokemon in cities and towns that have bodies of water and probably nothing else. So thanks for it weird Fishing Guru man. Further downward

VpmF5Ag.png

We have yet another random house and a building with a sign next to it, so it must be important. Let's check hte smaller house first. Once inside, we get to see that there's yet another trade offer. 

0N4NeTH.pngitx8S12.png

Well, funny you should mention that. In my training montage of Route 5, there was indeed a regice. But hey, no trades for you little girl. Next on the list, that strange building. 

Ub01VQx.png

Well, that's a bit strange. Once inside we just see

BnWsU0T.png

A bunch of people sitting around. Quite the fan club. Let's talk with a few of these folks. 

d2jWaWo.png9vQN7w4.png
pCh0fFR.png3rAmshi.png

Twice as cute as what? Anyway, these weirdos aside let's see what the others have to say.  

omWcSFG.png89IEGdr.pngDyamMoH.png
dvtCsLU.pngwCXgO0q.png

I'm actually here for a different reason but you know what, sure. 

5Cl7EyA.png9fAQXU2.pngq4MSah2.pngv8dkP5Z.png
cy0ov91.pngUFOuwq0.pngb660MUY.pngWW43yUu.png
pQNn7pe.pngq2XCVXt.png

Uhhhh, ok. Well, after uh, listening to this man's uh...tale...he gives us a bike voucher. Basically, we just bring it to the bike shop in Cerulean and give it to the guy there and he'll apparently give us a free bike. This president here must be loaded to just be handing these things out. Also, we really have no reason to ever go to Cerulean again other than this bike voucher, but uh, I guess I'll go with it. 

Wv0pgmB.png

You don't say. Well, all that's left of Vermilion that's worth talking about is a mart, the port, the gym and 

AeL9S4N.png

A lot of empty space. So, I think we'll end it here for now folks. In the next instalment, we'll continue our exploration of Vermilion. Until then, later.

The Dream Team 

J3CY3lN.pngpy0hGyX.png
ilUcUtU.pngm0C4oKh.png

Special Guest Stars 
Route 6: 
rZ9RVQL.pngsERVcnX.pngKBQF28S.png
FqO7rZ1.pngcg2xviL.pngm5KPty7.png

I saw a lot Regirocks. Also, I guess that bug catcher just didn't look very far. 

Hey, how about a double feature. 

[spoiler=Episode 14 - In which Boat Images flow really well into each other]
J3CY3lN.pngpy0hGyX.png
ilUcUtU.pngm0C4oKh.png
Doubled in size 

Hey there everyone, Skaia back with another of life's highest forms of entertainment. Pokemon Fern version. In the last episode, we went through Route 6 and explored Vermilion City a bit. In this episode, we'll probably still explore Vermilion in all of its wonder. Like, first, let's check out the gym. 

abVu5DH.png

Sadly there's a large tree in the way and we don't know how to swim. So I guess we'll never get into the gym. Ah well, it was a good journey while it lasted. I suppose we can make use of that ticket Cowboy Bill gave us. Going to the south end of Vermilion we see the port and it leads us to where we need to go. 

WTEgdIb.pngO1EtuBo.pngjfGFHha.png

Well, that's the easiest ticket check I've ever had to go through. Weird thing here. It's like they just kind of built their port on an island off the coast of Vermilion since the wood bridge ends and goes into a stone flooring on grass/dirt. Going a bit further we reach. 

OlCb9qV.png

Ah, what a glorious boat. Going a bit further down we see the actual boat and it is uh.

wLVXgts.png

Well, it's a bit small. My body is kind of wider then the entire deck of the ship. But uh, let's go check it out anyway. We find that the boat is far larger on the inside then it appears and there's a sailor in here with a warning for us. 

advpsoC.pngQkNvyBR.png

Well, Bill did say there were a bunch of trainers on board. But I guess they're also on bored. Thanks for the warning Sailor Man. Alright so, let's go check out the S.S. Anne's passangers and all their fancy do's. 

zWasS8L.pngMSG24NN.pngMSG24NN.png

This man tells it like it is. So, since we're good passengers and there are a ton of rooms on this ship, let's just barge into all of them. 

PUsaVFH.png7kHZAbO.png

I don't think you should go around just telling people that buddy. 

X52hymC.png

I wonder about that.

OvmogFZ.pnglJSSEUe.png

Haven't seen the first one anywhere, but the second's pretty much a stone's throw away from the city. Anyway, with that done, Bille gets a level and with it a new move. 

PyeWmTo.pngSC0mPTf.pngeFsZrYr.png

Flamethrower has like 5 less power than Sacred Fire and 10 more PP and 5 more accuracy so I'll keep it for my go to fire move. And yes, we got a punching Cleffa. 

ikqzVGt.png

They're alright. 

JyIHkli.png

This thing is super tanky and wouldn't ya know, has Sacred Fire on it. This is pretty much the replacement for Tackle isn't it. Also Overheat. And flamethrower. I guess when Lileep evolves it ditches its ice powers for fire. Nevertheless, one bit of a grind later we beat it down. 

vBqvQSw.png

Well that's nice. I'm glad you're fine with your kids just having a fight in this small room. Anyway, to the side of the room there's an item so let's see what it is. 

zYb28DK.png
TM44 is Agility. Not the biggest priority of mine to be honest, but neat to have nonetheless. Next rooms. 

zlVidqN.pngkgZyVDV.pngI0zluFA.png

S767ujF.png

rnHZrkF.png

Well someone didn't take kindly to us coming in. 

fJP72kh.png4nmtWww.png

He really didn't take kindly to us. Also because Bille is a Cleffa and is weak as sheet, trying to fight with it is pretty difficult. However, because I was trying to test the waters with this thing...it used Spider Web. And then despite my best efforts trying to beat Mew. 

7RzuvHD.png

It got a crit. It was  nice while it lasted. Nevertheless, Tesla comes in to get the clean up on Mew. A bitter victory but one that we must soldier on through nonetheless. 

SJkNfii.png

This nice lady let's us just sleep on her bed. A bit weird but appreciated. Declining the offer a bit she says.

FqSUwYD.png

Well, that's interesting. Onward. 

F3Mt4JN.png
Well let's see what his companions got. 

uuQTvBl.pngi5qUnvg.png

Nothing too difficult to deal with. While I would like to go keep exploring this place, I think I'm going to take a bit of a detour now that we've cleared this area. So first, we'll go to the left of Vermilion and reach a new area. 

d3uIHmy.png

From Route 6 to 11. Being a new route, let's see what it has in store for us. 

5NTeoqj.png

Eyy another water starter. Because Tesla only knows Electric moves and Crush Claw, i think I might kill it so I just start doing the usual thing. Pray. After a hard fought battle in which this thing manages to confuse itself. 

YIurQif.pngVOIuAe6.png

VICTORY! Don't ask why he's named Terry, I don't know either. 

Eo7Z5dg.pngg0d5IqL.pngFBqhcOk.png

Not that bad all things considered. Doesn't have much to make use of Serene Grace, but maybe somewhere down the line. Next on the list. There's another place to get pokemon away from Vermilion. 

tFoXyuG.png3nRg6tB.pngK4jzFwO.png

I imagine what actually dug this tunnel is going to be a lot more surprising than that. 

Ay36WFX.png

Well, that's certainly a neat thing to dig out a tunnel. Anyway, Tesla is weak as sheet and gets a lucky paralysis with Thunder 

0El8BHQ.pngj50dWI7.png

Cause he's got that stripe on him. Let's check out Ziggy's moveset here. 

T8pdaib.png8AkFV0C.pngAQMOjU2.png

Well, I'm glad this fight ended fast enough, that coulda gotten hairy. Also, this is the second Shadow Tag user I've got, so that's neat I guess. Next on the list of places to catch pokemon. 

vg5ifTc.png

The waters of Vermilion. So, throwing our line in a few times eventually gets us.

*Insert Picture of Dugtrio that I forgot to take*

Hey there little guy you seem a bit lost. I am uh, unsure how reeling that in worked but alright. Nothing I do won't kill it, unless it doesn't hurt it, so I just go with the regular ol' ball tossing strats. 

vnN2BMB.pngaizutN6.png

Welcome aboard Herbert. Let's check out what you're packing. 

CTfxq81.pnguNByHU4.png2xsDMcS.png

Well, that's a pretty awesome moveset. Sadly, he's a pretty low level so we'll need to get him grinded up. Getting Terry leveled up is a priority as well. The grind is a bit difficult as route 6 is home to some Shadow Tag Grimers, which Herbert here can't one shot because he's not exactly a special attack machine. Nevertheless, I eventually train everyone else up as well and at the end of the day. 

K0BbveQ.png

These are the levels. 

aalydae.png

Terry also evolved. But they traded out Serene Grace for Oblivious which is kind of a hilarious ability replacement. However, of the three I trained up Terry proves to be the only useful one of them. Of course because of this he only has Thrash and the more recently learned Poison Sting to fight with, but I'll take what I can get. 

With that done, I think the episode has gone on for long enough and I'm going to end it here. Sorry for being a bit more of a disjointed one then the previous ones, but next episode we'll attack the S.S. Anne in all of its glory. 

The Dream Team
vvgNkcI.pngISH4A6D.pngVZCQKRz.png
RSlyuTq.pngwAKHjuw.pngta7LsP4.png

In Loving Memory 
Ug4RLpz.png

[spoiler=Episode 15 - I got my flippy floppies]
vvgNkcI.pngISH4A6D.pngVZCQKRz.png
RSlyuTq.pngwAKHjuw.pngta7LsP4.png

At long last it's finally six. 

Hey everyone, it's Skaia here with another episode of Pokemon Fern version. In the last episode we were kind of disjointed in what the goal actually was and so there was a bit of boat exploration and a bit of catching other pokemon. In this episode, though, we're going to explore the S.S. Anne in its entirety. So, while we cleared out the first area and all of the rooms, there are a few other places we can go. We'll go to the bottom right for now. 

AS3bSWi.png9VFEUxD.png

As one can see, we are greeted with nothing but more rooms. And while the first instinct here might be to see what the rest of the boat party is up to, we instead use our inner garbage hunter and check out what's in there. 

Tgk5nRe.png

I didn't even know these existed in this gen. Granted, I didn't know they existed until 5th Gen anyway, but that's neat. A bit too risky for my taste, especially with the raw amount of things with Shadow Tag, but will probably fetch some sum of money. Now then, time to go see what's inside these rooms. 

tJV1oQ2.pngPoqf1MJ.png

But does he have enough Sacred Fire to move them? There's also just an item hanging out on the table, so let's teach this man what happens when you leave your belongings out in plain view. 

qgjSeoE.png

Neato. Onward to the next one. 

Q7Z4uPr.png

Well, let's see what this guys sailor's pride is all about. 

oZnRFBY.png

Glad I didn't lead with Terry. Next up on the list. 

OgFCuU9.png

In order to train up Ziggy, I sent him out and used Perish Song. Little did I know the AI actually knows how to switch out from that and he decided to bring out the big guns in its stead. 

FqtrcvV.png

Thankfully, I had Tesla out. Something I forgot though, was that Lugia knew Karate Chop. So basically it turned into Thunder and Thunder Punch vs Karate Chopping. In a surprising twist of fate though, I get both the crit and the paralysis on one hit and Tesla comes out on top. With only one pokemon left, I bring out Ziggy to use Perish Song again. Because this thing only ever used Camouflage before I bring out Herbert because he needs some EXP too. 

prNzxoR.png

It suddenly remembered it knew Double Edge. While it doesn't do much after that, we are still no longer part of the 6 member dream team. It was fun while it lasted. One trip to the funeral parlor later, we come back and check out what else is here. 

3GeNx0v.png

I...I don't actually. 

GQNzVPH.png

But I think I do now. This thing is kind of crazy. Despite the sheer difference in levels between it and Barnes, it survives Body Slam. It then apparently has Dragon Breath, of course, and it, of course, paralyzes on the first try. It then busts out Flatter so I'm parafused which is always a good time. Not wanting to risk it, I switch in Tesla and this thing uses bubblebeam which might've killed the rock if not for the fact that it has funking water absorb. Following that, it then Paralyzes again with a single dragon breath, and I'm pretty much locked into switching between Barnes and Tesla until it doesn't use Flatter again. When all is said and done though. 

kDTy1sE.png

We emerge victorious against the sailor. Now then, getting healed up, let's check out the next room. 

1pMDZTD.png

And I need an adult. 

S7Kt0sm.pngxGnJRXH.png1RCUWVQ.png

Because I have a rock type, at least one pokemon in every team is guaranteed a fighting move. However, the Magikarp knew eruption. Splashing on a whole different magnitude. Victory in hand, let's see what else there is in this room. 

aVn7Mhn.png

That's neat...I guess. Next room! 

J0hEvg7.png

So I've learned. 

pi8iIIc.png

I need to stop leading with Barnes. The other thing was a Heracross which posed no real threat either. Also in this room. 

SperFoq.pngtQZncwc.png

I find it ironic how after Vine Whip comes Sacred Fire. Sadly, no one put Progi can learn this move, and it's pretty low power at that so we'll just keep it pocketed for now. Final room of this floor. 

HQyipZY.pngCJq0pUp.png0nbs18Z.png

While I'd love to tell you all about how I'm actually some test tube baby formed for some other nonsensical reasons that I can't remember from this theory, you seem far more in the mood to fight then talk. 

i7PYH6n.pngb7KgIoQ.pngqxbInUO.png

These are some interesting sea fairing pokemon. 

qdjnxsv.png

The lovely S.S. Anne with its glorious crew of pirates. 

yAxJBFr.png

In sailor uniforms. Let's see what Philip has got here. 

i8Sg2gu.png

This thing's a bit nasty due to Shadow Tag, (so thank god I didn't lead with Ziggy,) but because it never awakes from Spore Terry manages to beat it down without much trouble. With that over with, that ends the bottom floor of the cruise liner. So, going back to the floor above we check out what's on the bottom left side. 

zsY8RwU.pngiaGwAJR.png

Maybe we can finally fulfill that girl's order from last time. There's not much of note in this room, as far as NPCs go. Just some people talking about how busy they are, one guy pretending to be french and a guy who tells us about Snorlax. A bit fitting for reasons. Speaking of which, there are three trash cans and on the bottom left corner just a random item hanging about. So let's plow through this kitchen to go dumpster diving. 

NmH86DQ.png5CyA9j4.png
FI3P1Aq.pngl4qVAGl.png

Given what the blue flute does, it's a bit fitting that guy was talking about Snorlax. Meanwhile the only poison move we have is poison sting on terry, but he's given the amulet coin since he's my current lead. And given cash is a bit tight, the amulet coin is a very nice thing to have. Repeat Ball is just kind of hilarious to think about in general on this run though. Now then, all that's left is the top left. 

ncf9pte.pngyyKcWly.png

All that's on this floor is another staircase and a whole other slew of rooms. There's also something on the far right but I think I'll check on that last. So here's another thrilling instalment of room exploration. 

QRSnQey.pngz4TlHHd.pngkiylazq.png

They really like talking about Snorlax on this ship. Also surprising that the image remained snorlax. Next room. 

GcK4QHg.png

He leads with a dratini, something you could actually fish up. After trashing it down he sends in his next few pokemon. 

8vFolnh.pngqgBgK2J.png

The Kingdra knew focus punch which scared me until I remembered that Focus Punch is super easily countered unintentionally. But it gets the last laugh as it apparently had poison point. Dick. 

J7OYlpU.pngJ7o9iLV.png

Not much to note. All that's left in here is the item on the ground. 

h4Yqkke.png

I'm pretty sure I don't have a single bug move, but neat all the same. Next room. 

4qHo8ZN.pngHthDuAJ.pngSwQbgyK.png

Just to make sure that you hate the move cut all the more. Really, since HMs don't vanish when you use them, the fact they can't be forgotten is pretty much just to annoy you. 

p0TFLdy.png

Gamefreak and its masterful foreshadowing. Next room. 

sAYpVm9.png

Buddy here, there's no such thing as a rare pokemon. 

XPMy96L.pngEQe4hyV.png

The smeargle knew Milk Drink. What a cruel fate indeed. After we win there, the girl then immediately challenges us and I accidentally speed through her dialogue. 

s0PDXXs.pngq6jloTT.png

Not much of note. Though, the Wooper knows Solarbeam, so that was different. After beating them, let's check the item that they were safeguarding. 

V7vFmyV.png

That's pretty good in this game of Russian Roulette that randomized moves is. Next room. 

v93bQXi.pngu3ETQJo.png
BLLhT2n.pngRAzhmq5.png

Boy am I gonna have a field day there. 

4Qnecus.png0CfeDXf.png

The irony. Well, that's it for this floor, for now. So, let's check out what we've got up above. 

3xhjLw5.png
DUPiNSU.png

A good old fashioned hallway with a single guy in it. 

ikpvFAo.pngq6nxgsy.png

That's pretty metal. Anyway, leaving this hallway we got outside and find that 

jYYFLHx.png

We are outside. This definitely looked smaller on the outside. Seeing the random people here we are obviously obligated to talk with them. 

2hpmPNI.png

If I were this battling thing would be a lot messier.

psLR3RY.pngee561sc.png

Nothing to see here. There's only one other trainer here who I think asked me to do a jig with him, which of course means battling. 

aEvyJnU.pngCFJwVyg.png

Not much really there either. Though, the Electabuzz did know Mist Ball so that was neat. Beyond that, none of the NPCs have anything else really to say, other than that we missed the party and that the ship will be taking off soon. So, with all that done, time to check out what's on the right side of the second floor. A staircase. And

apTQuLm.png

SETH! When did you become french? Just kidding he's an ass, he's always been French. 

NJVObUd.png

I mean, you sent me to the guy who gave me the ticket. But, that does beg the question as to how he got a ticket if not from Bill. 

z0v7Fx2.pngk6SwCgC.pngZYR9ofw.png

Seth clearly doesn't abide by the rules of the nuzlocke, smh. Though after giving some weird sounding advice, the battle starts. So, let's see what 90's bully Seth has on him. 

vYDjKnG.png

This thing is a bit on the tanky side against Terry since he only knows a normal and a poison move. It also instantly wakes up from spore. So, to deal with this, I bring in Tesla as the Solrock sets up a rain dance. It then goes for a belly drum and finished with a vital throw. 

9FlpPYp.png

Thankfully brick house Tesla is able to take it like a champ and brings down the lightning on it. Next up from Seth. 

rsUVZBO.png

One of the og of the Swift Swim brigade. Thankfully it is 4 times weak to Frenzy Plant and goes down without much effort. Next up. 

bJxdBzk.png

That weird parallel universe where he takes the starter weak to yours. This thing also, strangely, leads with rain dance. Thankfully, the old Spore Thrash combo manages to bring the fire lizard down. Now we get to see what the final mon of Seth's is. 

P91PaLt.png

One Hyper Fang and its down. With that, we have defeated our rival without a loss on our side. 

7DLhtbL.pngDlQ1pxj.png

Thanks? 

Og0WwOe.pngVSSCi4A.png
GyRWc20.pngGyRWc20.png

Seth you're sending me mixed messages here. Anyway, with that done, we might as well go see what the captain here's got to say. 

VZlgbmq.pngjLHyshc.png
bqTffbr.pngHBPSgUj.png

Uhhh....

7YnlFRX.png

Good to hear. 

LHABojO.pngXR48FlC.png
QIwNz4M.pngN1rPuWB.png

With that, the good captain gives us HM01, Cut, so that we can now go bring down the tree in front of the gym. I was a bit worried due to the randomoized TMs that the HMs might've been affected and the game would've been uplayable. But no such thing has come to pass. Anyway, because every pokemon can learn every HM thanks to the randomizer, I give it Ziggy since Kekleon isn't that great anyway and it gives him a move that won't kill him. Now then, with that done we leave the ship only for 

EXWP4TJ.pngIllS1Wc.pngI9X9o6y.png

That to happen. Huh. Well, I guess we'll never find out where it's going off to. Anyway, healing the party up, let's get to cutting.

FaPHvTN.pngZ6debVl.pngZQApw8Z.png

And with that, there's nothing stopping us from challenging this gym. However, that'll have to wait til next time. So, until then, later. 

The Team
1UejL7N.pngpjvi6Fh.pnggItqgZf.png
EWIFVFk.pngJxbKE06.png

In Loving Memory
eHSyvZz.png

[spoiler=Episode 16 - Seriously, What War?]

1UejL7N.pngpjvi6Fh.pnggItqgZf.png

JxbKE06.pngEWIFVFk.png

It was nice having a full party. 

Hey everyone, Skaia here in another episode of Pokemon Fern version. In the last episode we tackled the entirety of the S.S. Anne, fought our arch rival Seth and got HM 01, Cut. In this episode we'll finish up our business in Vermilion City and tackle 

WN8ooPm.png

The gym. So, as per the norm, once inside the gym let's check out what the statues of have to tell us. 

WXV6xSv.pngluGtfiA.png

We of course have beaten here by Seth because the man's a maniac when it comes to completing gyms apparently. Though I have to wonder if no one ever has won against these gyms prior to both Seth and I beginning our journeys. Regardless, let's see what Mr. Advice has to tell us.

iJubtPS.png9GuXDpA.pngsaZKOj6.png

That's a strange nickname given I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as "America," here. 

hT0Cn0e.pngvZeumtt.pngZwf4pbS.png

Ah yes, the legendary Bird type. So, while I'm sure pretty much everyone who reads this has played the gen 1 games, I still feel obligated to explain its gimmick. That masterful gimmick reach your hand into trash cans and pray that you get the right ones to turn off Lt. Surge's electric barrier that he has up. They were pretty new to this whole "puzzle" idea. Anyway, while we can avoid most of the random trainers in here, who actually ever does that? 

PokSAXF.pngfFtiQX3.png

...What? Anyway, the engineer then challenges us to a battle and leads with. 

9gTBjHX.png

Oddly fitting. Anyway, it proves to be no difficulty, and the man only has one other pokemon. 

d9IhIUa.png

Which promptly goes down to Spore Thrash. 

qRKOYiH.png

Well that apparently didn't stop the last person who was here. 

JKwCsXD.pngRLK0OMm.png

Nincada's a weird pokemon. I've seen it before in the wild and sometimes it just had Flash Fire and other times it didn't. Don't really know what that's about unless there are multiple version of it. Stantler was also kind of annoying since literally all it did was spam detect and Acid Armor. 

Zg7Pndc.pngdpJK5eB.png

Pretty sure this is the only time the army is ever mentioned. Anywhere. 

5n0td0b.png

This thing had Eruption and Hyper Beam. It was not funking around. Anyway, once we beat them each of them have something different to say, but only one is really useful. All he says is that the door switches are likely next to each other, but that I'm pretty sure it's random each playthrough where they are. Also if you fail to guess what the correct trash can is that has the second switch then they somehow magically change location. All in all, a bit tedious but nothing more than that. With his laser grid finally disabled we can go speak to the gym leader himself. 

6isROHk.png2c4gFQF.pngtRAOrpB.png
nJC0Kus.pngQQwOjiP.png

With mentions of this very mysterious war out of the way, let's get to the fight. Lt. Surge is packing three pokemon with him, all probably decently high leveled and all most likely not electric. So let's see what his new war heroes are. 

aFczwEl.png

Vulpix. Now, this was kind of hilarious. As per the usual with Terry, he leads off with Spore and puts the Vulpix to sleep. Surge apparently saw this coming, as Vulpix had Sleep Talk of all things and used it to set up Spikes. However, because Trash could barely not OHKO it, I also managed to have Surge burn a Super Potion on the fox. Next up. 

8edySpx.png

While it might not be an electric type, it's still packing Thunderbolt. And it, naturally, paralyzes Tesla. While this isn't too much of an issue, the thing apparently can't handle that Tesla isn't eternally stun locked and uses Memento. Natural Selection hasn't done a good job in this world. Next up. 

TtSHVpg.png

Not a second later. 

36yNj3W.png

And with that, we've bested the third gym leader of the Kanto region as he presents to us our Thunderbadge. 

2LnLaed.pngwJhTNut.png2pKB0a1.png
Vqm1kQU.pngJAQQ0B3.png

And with that, we've gotten a Submission TM to go along with our badge. Now if only we had Fly. On the note of Submission, the only one who can learn it is Progi and I am still quite happy with his moveset. So with that, we go back to the pokemon center, get healed up and notice someone new in town. 

eVhuRR1.png4TOPl2Q.png
TsLr5bu.pngjRToNXt.png

Well alright, we just have someone waiting for us back at Route 2. You know, the place outside Viridian City. From the start of the game and like half way across the country. We'll take a rain check on that for now. After talking to the man he vanishes into thin air. While that was a bit odd, we have no other obligations in Vermilion so it's time to go explore what we hadn't before. Starting with the diglett cave.

pnvS8Fn.png

There was a whole lot of nothing in the cave, but hey we're at Route 2 now. That's convenient. Immediately outside, there's a tree we can cut that'll get us towards the forest and a house immediately south. So, since I have no business in the Forest, let's go to the house. 

vNCY73Y.pngTLm6JVa.png

Pretty sure I've seen those in the wild before, but I don't one have myself. That's about it. The other guy tells us that we can still use HMs outside of battle if our pokemon are fainted. Anyway, directly south of this house is another tree that goes into one of those loading section buildings. In there, there's the Aide we learned about who has HM05, Fly, on him. In order to get this, we need to have caught 10 pokemon.

L3C1sle.png

That's right, we've only caught 4 pokemon ever. Obviously this is false, though the actual number is only 12 and so not that much more flattering. I'm going to assume that they're pretty much designed to only look at the Kanto Dex, so despite having the National Dex, they still don't count it. Bummer. Anyway, outside this house is just a bunch of trees we can cut to go back to Viridian and a few items there as well.

InzbP6B.pngCEWNSzx.png

Holding out for that Clampearl. Also a second poison barb because I guess you can never have too many. Now with that slight waste of time out of the way, time retrace our steps and go to Route 11 and explore that. First up, there's just an item lying around. 

ikxxiEJ.png

Another berry that I think does nothing on its own. Going a bit south we see a trainer there and let's see what he's packing. 

w7LMVtJ.png

This thing had Spore and Ice Punch. There was also an octilery with Bounce. Next trainer. 

X0QV88d.png

It's nice to have dreams. 

lFs3eSm.pngXuR8qRp.png

The Walrein had Rough Skin and also Ice Punch. The Cloyster had Swords Dance but  I somehow managed to outspeed it. Through this fight, Terry leveled up and also learned Detect. Next trainer. 

W4aWCnQ.pngEqjUnRp.pngUh3KEbk.png

They were not. Duskull knew Perish Song though, so that was neat. Next trainers. 

xJUfJis.pngeiz8oOV.png

Not much competition there. 

lFE7F1q.png
In the middle of a clearing. 

q7bnBBS.pngbfIX9cO.pnglo9aDy2.png

The Breloom knew Grudge, but that was about the only annoying thing here. 

gfyo6ib.pngs2O3mJx.png

I didn't know the half empty city of Vermilion was a modern metropolis. Also, I have to wonder why all the engineers on the overworld map are just balding guys in wife beaters. It's a bit odd.

XbpAU5S.png7UBwLIj.pngZdzNt7W.png

Fun fact, he's still never won. 

dKxYo4j.pngZKgUudk.pngEcg56Au.png

Fun fact, this is false. 

NzLRm4A.pngqn28TVs.png

I may have forgotten to take a bunch of other screen shots. The shuckle was kind of annoying because of how tanky Shuckle is, but it's shuckle so it also did zero damage with Dig and Fire Spin. Now all that's left on this route is collecting the left over items. 

q2N93Tx.png4Wf6ozl.pngKWL7jKm.png

A few repeats but hey, got some sick shades. With that over and done with, let's get going through the loading zone building and see what's beyond. 

xNSd1zO.png

Hey a new route. Which means another catch. So, let's see what this route has in store for us. 

Knq792Z.png

Hm.

The Team
eLHLO3F.pngtSKFaxH.png2urShEi.png
7NaEsPc.png3OQHViB.png
Special Guest Stars

Route 11 
bw0QXet.pngTCqZlDa.pngoSF0Uji.png
vH7zX4E.pnguiBrCac.pngqJhqscl.pngqScpP8H.png

Diglett's Cave
VeAHkfU.pngVpyAacK.pngNWtyO24.png
guVwZyu.pngqY2ACBw.pngHLoLsCH.png

Not once did I see another Keckleon. 

[spoiler=Episode 17 - Coupons]

eLHLO3F.pngtSKFaxH.png2urShEi.png

3OQHViB.png7NaEsPc.png

The Five Pokel Shuffle 

Hello every, Skaia welcoming you back to another episode of Pokemon Fern Version. In the last episode we beat the Lightning American himself, explored a tunnel to find that we can't get Fly yet and had our progress barred by a sleeping snorlax. Continuing on in this episode, I suppose we're going to find out how to get around this snorlax. Going into the loading station building just outside from the Snorlax, it has a second floor. And on that second floor are some binoculars. So, why not just look through one of them?

khfKGAh.pngPQeGA6h.pngvl9luGm.png

Because our pathfinding eyes have somehow scouted this out, I suppose we'll get going back to Cerulean. Unfortunately, without fly, we have to walk back. Fortunately it's not that long of a haul. In order to make the haul go by even faster, for future ones, let's go to a certain someone in Cerulean. 

OOOtj1v.pngziu2dCU.pngwpXItC6.png

The most painless coupon exchange ever. With our bike now in tow, let's go to the east of Cerulean and see what's in store for us. 

uqWAyZS.png

A new route. And a tree. Nice. Being able to finally cleave through trees, the road to route 9 is cleared for us and we can begin seeing what's in it. 

Py3fFmn.png

Whoa, slow down there little lady I think you're skipping a few steps. 

26uCqX5.pngeuARt1H.png
GKce8ik.png51seA87.png

As one would expect our team easily breaks through this squad of four because, as always, we're kind of overleveled for the area. During this exchange, Tesla managed to gain a level and learned a new move too. 

GkXAf1f.pngX7t8bck.png

Not a very good one, but hey, a water type move is a water type move. Moving onward, we just hope down and see that there's an item awaiting us.

1MJAZvo.png

This is Mega Kick. A pretty cool move that both Barnes and Terry can lear, but given the accuracy it has I'm a bit wary to give it to either of them. Regardless, moving out of this little hop we see there's a trainer that needs fighting. 

Udp09KB.png

What a, uh, emphatic individual. 

rD0LuX1.pngk1Kml97.png

The fight to see which Regi is the true head of Nintendo America. This slug fest is pretty slow as one would expect. Especially considering the Registeel only knew Fire Blast, Covet and Kinesis. Nevertheless, Regirock proves to be the true Fils-Aime. Going slightly up we run into yet another trainer. 

ojwZLbh.png

I'm suddenly in a 90's music video. 

MOUc5Tw.pngVNm1duV.png

The pupitar had cosmic power and proceeded to use drill peck. The Scizor only really spammed string shot so it wasn't really any issue. Next trainer on this gauntlet road. 

n8eVY0J.pngRy08MFN.pngBZ3AHpl.png

Those are some bizarre cocoons you got. The Torkoal also knew Sketch so that was neat. Anyway, having finally defeated a few trainers and just circling back to the start, we can finally get into some grass. Let's see what we got. 

y4PtTdJ.png

TOP PERCENT. One good thing about Whirlpool is that it does sheet damage, so it can actually be used to weaken other mons. And so in just one pokeball. 

E9OjYfd.pngA3asAzm.png

Jolene is added to our squad. So, let's check the little rodent out. 

8lzN8AD.pngJI8UuvJ.pngevBnnCP.png

Never will I fear Whirlwind. Jolene's moveset is pretty neat. Not particularly amazing, but pretty cool and got some nice coverage altogether. All of them being physical is pretty nice too. Going a bit down in the grass, there's a rock chilling about. And we all know that rocks are just another word for items. 

KNFdXBi.png

Neato. Now, since Jolene is pretty weak in comparison to the rest of our team. However, while I attempt to train her up, it's kind of a long grind here to do so and I decide to keep journeying on after just a few levels. 

qWsCSPu.png

Oh sheet, a SUPER bug. 

4U0VvQC.png

THAT ISN'T A BUG! 

FI28iM2.png

But that is. The Blaziken had petal dance making it kind of dangerous when Regirock came in to fight it. Lugia also nearly killed Barnes because of Endeavor. But, when all is said and done we make it through. Moving on. 

svOQAtd.png

You and me both. 

H4Wmxlr.pngztgwk6B.png
X6uWlBy.pngXdk3Kov.png

Because I hadn't patched up at all in between battles this was a bit challenging, but overall, managed to get through it. One trip to the pokemon center later and we get to another trainer. 

XAPUJZ3.png

I feel like there's some disparity from writing to design. Anyway. 

ksZmhll.pngKnlT3aM.pngi1riYrG.png

The Walrein baton passed Spinarak to its doom. With that done, let's go see our next trainer. 

VmT5XQr.png

These hikers are quite jolly. 

2Zlp8Km.pngV9dantV.png

This guy was not funking around. Kyogre was actually pretty simple to deal with since all it did was Imprison and Glare. Rayquaza was, once again, terrifying to deal with. Nevertheless, we make it through this legend bout. With the battle over

0n3r7Bp.pngPHMV4sR.png

Jolene's become more useful! And with that usefulness.

vopIiVC.pnggeqGh42.png

Not a bad thing to add to her arsenal. With the fight done, there's an item right next to the hiker so let's check out what it is. 

SoxVoRQ.png

Hey, a berry with combat use! Nice. After that, let's see what the next trainer's packing. 

nlxxvvO.png2nEDRFd.png

Ice beam was a nice move to get. With that out of the way, we move on to the next area of the game. 

6YXCaQ4.png

Which means more pokemon! 

q8YekTU.png

Well, this is not a pokemon I've ever used so it's neat to see it. It takes a bit to wittle down and doesn't get into a pokeball easily. However

2PQv6pU.pngnHep7X2.png

We catch us a Tuff Puff. Funnily, though, since I actually have 6 pokemon in my team, it gets immediately transferred to the "GRAVE" box. Whoops. Anyway, let's take a look at Tuff Puff here. 

8vD4Wjg.pngR1vqTNn.png4hd6VTr.png

Not all that bad. Mega Drain's kind of neat to have and it at least has moves to use its attack stat with. Anyway, going past the pokemon center that's just randomly here, we're met with another trainer. 

U7QJ7HE.png
I don't think they're quite aware of a what a "gym" in this world means. 

z2Ugtb7.pngd42ELyQ.png

Not much to see here. With that done, we only have one place left to go.

bPjdBA6.png

I find this area kind of silly. There's just this wall of Cut trees, that you can completely walk around anyway and still get to the tunnel entrance. Regardless, that'll be it for this episode. In the next one, let us begin our exploration of

rUlPx2P.png

The Current Team
8hY5O4P.png9gNAAHm.png6Bgn0dp.png
zjeQV1a.pngzxF5b1T.pngn87wQFC.png

Special Guest Stars 
Route 9 
Rj9Uixq.pngikxGdq0.pngGsRrxcV.png
MyufCK4.pngSX4oXuF.png1c0i09p.png

Route 10
8feaaYt.pngIwTx9GR.pngHWICSyX.png
frHceUq.png2IggOkT.pngcOGnP9b.png
yCq5IuR.png

[spoiler=Episode 18 - Perfect Night-vision]

8hY5O4P.png9gNAAHm.png6Bgn0dp.png

n87wQFC.pngzxF5b1T.pngzjeQV1a.png

And for once this isn't the only squad of living ones. 

Hey there everyone, Skaia back for the newest episode of Pokemon Fern Version. In the last episode we got a bike, got 2 new party members, traversed two new routes and got to the Rock Tunnel. In this episode we're going to explore the Rock Tunnel. 

mWE3mmQ.png

Blind, no less. So, as it turns out, I mispoke/misread when I was talking about HM05. Since I was speeding through the dialogue and saw "FL" I just assumed it was Fly. No. Turns out HM05 is the HM for Flash. Flash is probably one of the weirdest HMs as it by no means is required and it is not the ultra convenience that Fly is. Though, that's probably for the best as we are physically unable to get it. And while I could look up a map to this place, best to just bumblefuck our way around. And after only a few steps we're greeted with. 

4bjowBh.png

Well hey there. I'm not really sure how dupes clause interacts with pre-evolutions but I decide to count this as the first one anyway. After all, it has a random moveset and ability so it might as well be a different pokemon from Progi. The battle between the Tesla and the Vibrava rages on until finally 

eKPlTHN.png
We get Ravo onto our team. Now then, briefly exiting the tunnel, let's check out our newest addition to the squad. 

IbQ9cQk.pngDEjggX5.pngb1ZrST6.png

Sadly this isn't 5th gen, I believe, where sturdy becomes not useless. Though I suppose it is better than Plus. Outside of that, Ravo's got a pretty jabroniin' moveset. Unfortunately, I can't just bench Progi after all he's been through and having two ground/dragon's sounds like a recipe for disaster. That and I still kind of want to see what Tuff Puff's got in store. So, sadly, Ravo will be benched for the foreseeable future. ONWARD TO THE ROCK TUNNEL! 

MoeBoNY.png

This man's got a thing for the production life. 

yD3VpDi.png

So first he starts out with Mewtwo. Ok. That's nothing to sneeze at. So I bring Jolene back and send in Tesla to fight against this legend. However, getting struck by a Crush Claw the Metwo is switched out to have something come in and negate all damage. 

UkMIayn.png

sheet. So, I'm not sure if the randomizer didn't shuffle the ability, it's hard coded on or if it just got really luck, but this Shedinja still has Wonder Guard. Thankfully, Progi has Ember and Jolene has Rock Throw, so we aren't completely funked here. That being said, he still has a mewtwo, which still hurts pretty much everything but Tesla since its only attacking move is Egg Bomb. So, with victory achieved, it's time to keep exploring the cave. 

nsxgnUT.png

Hey apparently we found a way down. So, just kind of wandering around in this area, our controls are eventually locked as 

1FnueCQ.png

An artist with incredible eyesight apparently locked eyes with ours own. 

QgFeCKJ.png

Well, this thing isn't that great. Is what I would say, if it didn't apparently know Mirror Move, use Jolene's Ice Beam against her and freeze her. Well ok then game. Since Jolene literally can't do anything now, Terry comes in to clean up the kill. Rushing back to the pokemon center, as I do not have an Ice Heal on hand, I find another item on the first floor of the cave. 

AlA6piY.png

This thing apparently helps in pokemon contests. Of which I don't think there are any in the game. Going back to the floor we were just on, I stumble across another item. 

k3aiQhB.png

This is for when I get that Magikarp that's gonna sweep the league. Walking forward

vAVhfzQ.png

Another person with perfect night visions lock onto us. 

t1gsYnD.pngQEjUtt0.png

Octillery learns Brick Break and Outrage. What a god tier set it gets. Moving on from this, we then literally run into another trainer by accident. 

rvHTc5i.png

Not much actually. Though, apparently Charizard is the only pokemon cosplay people care about here. 

wKAksXJ.pngJWYV51s.png

Sabeleye's a bit tricky to deal with but ultimately goes down. Walking a bit further

OZXo7ep.png

Dude, what pokemon could you possibly have to make me cry.

Octillery. Well at least it's not Rayquaza. Terry comes in to fight the squid thing and this time it only spams Quick Attack. Continuing to bumblefuck around I eventually stumble upon 

Jv5Urxk.png

Ladders! Ah, what a ray of hope they are. Still really dark though. Contiuing to walk about. Stumbling around, the camera snaps upward as the echo location using Hiker tells us he's lost. 

oehVUgo.pngp2rsBpR.png692ICCs.png

Huntail, of course, knows Psycho Boost. Thankfully Jolene isn't one shot by it and switches out before hit by block. Chikorita knows Moonlight and Dragon Dance so that could've been trouble. Makuhita knew how to get one shot. Moving about, I run into another trainer

6NuTQ8P.png

Yeah no kidding. 
XkA4Lvx.pngML5v5Yf.png
ZElkN60.pnghlIg9MK.png

Girafarig knew Future Sight so I was inclined to end the fight quickly. Metagross also knew outrage, kinda scary. Continuing to walk around, I eventually find an item. What luck. 

sWOU4EA.png

Tuff Puff knows Mega Drain so not the worst thing. 

ejyGwwa.png

Do...do you live in here? 

zK21VBE.pngI9n5qUE.png

Tropious knew Giga Drain. Scary stuff. As I stumble through the dark I eventually find.

SaDYwKg.pngx39LKNN.png

Another ladder. Not out of the woods just yet though, as there's still plenty of bumblefucking left to do. Eventually the camera snaps upward as a person who sees it fit to have a picnic in a cave walks up to me. 

RSJonxs.pngpIbj5eO.png

Sadly this isn't a game mechanic. Also not very helpful for spelunking. 

vDfDu5x.png5Zu3lCg.pnglHkRMya.png

Not much to see here. Though Mudkip knows Belly Drum, so that's a thing. Eventually, I stumble across a person who is surprisingly not a trainer but uh, they seem to have other issues. 

f2dncDi.png5wWM0gY.pngoXWL7ID.png

This kid is uh, certainly something. I can only imagine him saying this in an incredibly excited voice. 

lcxhuYf.png

Well that was a bit of a leap. Now, I have no intention of actually using Guillotine but for shiggles I see who can learn it. As it turns out, Tuff Puff, Tesla and Progi are all able to learn it. That's pretty neato. Leaving that kid to his rocky execution fantasies, we eventually run into another trainer. 

si7IHYG.png

As always, these hikers are quite the jolly sort. 

bZDpY66.pngJVv6N4G.pngVsldN3c.png

Entei had sketch, unfortunately for it, it was much faster than Terry. Moving along. 

mEG9xdD.png

Just how rare are these things actually? 

phKRQoo.png0oLjs9h.png6ycRhqX.png

Anyway, with that done, Terry levels up and tries to learn sandstorm but that's just an awful idea for any number of reasons. Just a bit past the last trainer we find

mVhi434.png

Yet another ladder. 

hMKfHR1.png

But we're still not out of the proverbial woods yet. 

51yvm75.png

Sometimes I feel like this is just what they want for all the dialogue here. 

qhbV6Wm.pngpNtfrQm.png
cWYaL5G.pngTvx2VZM.png

The charmander had drought, so that was kinda neat. Not much trouble otherwise, though the Lunatone thunderpunched terry down a bit. After that, we stumble upon another cave dwelling picnicker.

a90YR0T.png

Maybe she just has a natural repel aura. 

8XEHRFh.pngJ6zDfKI.pngt4nKvXk.png

Not much to say about her team though. With that, we continue on our way to walk in a random direction and pray. After a bit more walking, we finally do it.

MoOlP6Q.png

We reach the exit. Sadly, this is still route 10 so I can't catch anything here. Thankfully, though, we're alive and well. Avoiding all the trainers just to get to a pokemon center, we finally reach our destination of.

DHdl7NT.png

Lavender Town. With that over and done with, I'm going to call it an episode here. In the next one we're going to uh...do something, I guess? We weren't given much reason to come here, but hey. It's a town. There's bound to be something.

The Current Team
kzedLCa.pngPIQCJFj.pngRyilTN3.png
tK3BGzE.pngFmOj3cn.pngv9R3PHS.png

Special Guest Stars 

Rock Tunnel F1 
0wpM9oX.pngXg0xc0I.pngRidmPRb.png
cqqTDtF.pngWm6TByG.png8NSRLy7.png
nBGnxL5.pngUMcJJpR.png

Rock Tunnel B1
qecxRMw.png8xLtm3i.pngjUMT7nj.png 
CZ0cLFV.pngZWHcqhB.pngqD5lN4L.png

I have no idea what's going on, but this guy has a lvl 23 Mewtwo.  And now I'm going back to read the first post to see what the funk is happening.

EDIT:  Well that told me nothing.  Yet, I am entertained.  And so I shall read more!

• 10 months later...

Well it's been awhile, so here's a doozy of one. 

[spoiler=Episode 19 - Fog Machine Tower]

ChO2VCU.pngemEpMLl.pngvDiIvGE.png
OBgXnFy.png8zdDzMJ.pngpAzEPe5.png

Remember the squad? Because I certainly don't. 
Hey everyone, it's been quite some time since the last one of these and I can't promise consistent updates, but I was feeling the itch to do something and lo and behold these are things I can do. Now I don't really remember much about the other mons, outiside of Barnes and Progi being the og squad, and amazing. Also 

-first shot-
You may notice that we're in a much different place then before. Where we last left off we had exited the mountain that let's us get to Lavender Town. Now we're in the pokemon tower. This happened because way back when, I started the first part of this episode, but I guess I didn't save what I wrote? Regardless, you didn't miss much, just me walking through that short route, finding some random mons and finding out that Team Rocket killed a Cubone's mother because they're actually just terrible people. So in this episode, let's go explore the Pokemon Tower. 

mzGEa3d.png

First floor here. Man it's always a bit weird to see people build a tower filled with tombstones. Are the pokmeon burried here? Is the ground just incredibly thick or are the mons just really thing to fit in it. Who knows. What I do know is that there is someone above us, and someone who we probably aren't all that fond to see. 

EEdUBwE.png

Plot, I guess. After asking if our pokemon are dead and then exclaiming that they're alive he says. 

FFh9yFA.png

Okay, wow. That's a bit extreme dickery even for you, 90s bully Seth. 

lAFPhGw.png

So our clash against Seth starts with good old Terry vs his dunsparce. It seems that he's probably packing yet another team since last time, (I'm assuming,) so who knows what he's got in store for us here. So, Dunsparce doesn't take much to bring down. It just has constrict and low kick and wakes up immediately after being put to sleep, but otherwise, Terry can just thrash it good. 

Kt0mSW8.png

Next on the list. At times like these I'm glad for random moves and abilities. Anywho, Wobuffett doesn't have much in way of combat power, just Low Kick weirdly enough, but Tesla's able to bring it down pretty handily.  

RH66y45.png

Next up. Seth's snorunt, while maybe formidable and awestriking in power, never got to unveil that strength because it got crit by Jolene's rock throw. Get rekt nerd.

rvXdPBu.png

So here comes the most threatening one yet. Not because it does anything remotely threatening itself, no. It just has minimize and went straight into teeter dance. With my luck, Progi struck itself twice before finally managing to bring the magneton down. 

pkvnK4r.png

The last mon I bring out Jolene to deal with. Sadly, Jolene can't bring it down with rock throw in one shot, nor two. So it gets a good amount of damage in with headbutt before Jolene is finally able to bring it down with one final ice beam. And with that

KSVVPpm.pnghdnQhrJ.pngpfdh1sZ.png

Just like in real life, ever the graceful loser that Seth is. 

1q11L5Y.pngav88KHF.png2FVNRxo.png

A very strange thing to say after suffering a crushing defeat, but I suppose Seth's just trying to deflect away from that. Anywho, with him leaving us to our devices, let's just go start to climb the tower proper. 

Yahuubj.png6RZwcd0.png

I have no idea what the Silph Company actually is but I'm glad they invent ghost unmasking scopes. That and its apparently a hit with all the shaman ladies. Going up the stairs, we see that this tower 

HRRkYbp.png

Has some heavy ventilation problems. I don't really know why they needed a fog machine for the building where people want to visit their dead pokemon, but you know what, its atmospheric. Walking up, we see a few more of the shaman people here and they seem incredibly conversational. 

fK4IfiK.png

Very.

1zVm18s.png

Anyway, this thing goes down without much effort, and we manage to find out that the girl was possessed, I guess? Seeing what she has to say after the fact. 

70R3mpN.png

I guess she's still possessed by the spirit of big business. Also I absentmindedly picked up the item to the side and as a result have absolutely no idea what it is. My bad. Anyway, eventually, as we start to run through the tower we run into our first wild encounter. 

JP98ckN.png

I've always wanted a ghost. 

GonXXJb.png

Sadly it doesn't seem to be all the keen on being caught. Because I guess pokemon can just dodge it. 

UMgjiEN.png

It also doesn't seem keen on fighting, but it is making a bit of a scary face at us. So, I'm just gonna assume these don't count and start to move through the rest of the tower. Also, I'm a bit sad that the ghost is not entered as an actual pokemon so that it wasn't randomized. 

TusPrpN.pngVDcN47B.pngVYHuJVW.png
dNJi50t.png7arIAHB.pngaIg5lIy.png

So outside of Aggrons with Weather Ball and Torkols with mimic, we can see that there's definitely some weird stuff going on here. Probably because these ladies don't have a Silph Scope. 

UHmoI6e.png

Next up we travel to the next floor of the tower where we see that there's a few more of these channeler ladies. 

bUSvViT.pnglxvqAX5.pngGfhpsd6.pngPYd6vla.png

I guess being cursed makes you speak a different language or something. Also that sharpedo was nuts with its Kinesis, Overheat and Iceball. This lady seems to be just as confused as I am, in the end. 

ppgChF5.png

She seems to be lacking the prerequisite item that all channelers need then. 

RaXraUb.png

Speaking of overheat. This was a nice find. Don't really have much in way of fire type moves, outside of Progi's ember, so will just hold this for later. 

Bey0m4Y.pngGGKDQHe.png

She was not that threatening. 

dDMlf3w.png

This funking Sabeleye though. Had like, rolling kick, thunder punch, signal beam. It paralyzed Jolene in one thunder punch and of course made her flinch with Rolling Kick. So a bit rough but still doable. 

oQSZyez.pngukxSS9o.png

A few items to be found, but nothing too big. That's it for that floor, so we go up the stairs and get to the next floor. 

F9rm5sr.png

This floor, while being more of the same, also has this random magic circle in the middle of the room. Neat. Wonder why that's there. 

4Iw2ocd.pngvT5t5HC.png

Always when you least expect it. 

7vySA2W.png

So apparently this is a rest area for the pokemon, as its apparently safe from all the creepy spirit possessors around here. I wonder if these going ons are strange or just an average day in the life of the Pokemon Tower. 

UVKB2Bf.png

Also we got a Nomel berry. I have no idea what this does. 

LO2ucN9.png

This lady is an a completely different genre altogether. 

EtjOHRM.png

Just a stray waterbottle on the ground here. 

UTCXIDj.png

Missed her dialogue but hey, we got some more disturbed spirit shenanigans going on here. Even though it was dreams and not spirits he was involved with. But close enough. Entei seemed to be able to shed status conditions pretty quickly and also knew Sketch, so it tried to turn Terry's thrash against him. Thankfully, the copy couldn't beat the original. With that, we cleaned out that floor, so onward and upward! 

5ogB22h.png

An immediate item to be found here. I still have no idea what this berry does either. 

t4clouD.png

This lady wanted to drink my blood. So, I guess the spirits possessing these people are also genre confused. 

SCo8fRz.pngv76JeTj.png

There we go, that's more what I'm talking about. 

RZdb1sm.png

Yet another strange berry, that i apparently failed to capture on camera. Anyway, with this floor cleared out, let's get going to the top of the tower. Well, we would, if it were that easy. Sadly, the vengeful dead have different plans for us. 

9duxWgW.png

And then a battle begins with yet another ghost. As before, we can't fight these ghosts, we can't catch them and they don't really do anything other than yell at us. So, all that can be done is running. With our path barred, and us unable to continue on our journey up the tower, I think this is a good time to end the episode. But man, I wonder what we need to get past these ghosts...

The Team
tggTKKr.pngTMb0ulX.pngTmyaHTl.png
LvUJFkr.pngbDvbgeq.pngTvtKcLs.png

Oh hey you're still doing this. Neat. I'm happy to see Progi and Barnes are still alive after all this time. As for the item you need to deal with those ghosts, I really don't know. I'll try to do some research, but no promises. With any luck, there might be some clues hidden in the game.

A bit of a filler episode here, but all the same here you are. 

[spoiler=Episode 20 - Huge Improvements]
tggTKKr.pngTMb0ulX.pngTmyaHTl.png
LvUJFkr.pngbDvbgeq.pngTvtKcLs.png

A story of 6...and a bunch of others.

Hey everyone, Skaia back again for another episode of Pokemon FRRN, or Fern. In the last episode we managed to climb through most of the foggiest tower this side of Kanto, to which we found out that basically everyone in it was possessed by ghosts. Also there were ghosts that we could not battle, and are path to the top was blocked by another ghost. In this episode we'll probably just bumblefuck around until something happens. So to start the bumblefuck, we need to leave the tower, which we do via one of our handy dandy Escape Ropes. You know, just your average kid scaling down a tower with a rope. 

9TfBVjh.png

So to start the bumblefucking let's just head south of Lavender Town. Onto Route 12. It's a neat route, filled with a random checkpoint to let us use the binoculars there to determine that the pokemon tower is indeed north of where we are. 

aJ8x42l.png

There are also fishermen here. 

Zm9LuQg.pngawDAoEC.pngHvODIgA.png

With a severe lack of fish. 

qm4p51h.pngUK3ixXP.pngud2K3Lj.png

This guy was a bit more into the fisherman spirit. Swampert had sacred fire. 

G7LzTnx.pngbfs6vpk.png

He's a fool because the granbull has no attacking moves to fight back with. The damage to Terry was done entirely done through confusion from Thrash. 

3x52Ig7.pngunFnR9K.png
ajzOERD.pngFtsVo1F.pngLAFN4PP.png

Don't quit your day job man. 

gkauQuf.png2kWqYui.png

And thus we prevented a couple from getting married too soon. Just doing your daily good deed here. 
Regardless, our bumblefucking is coming to a close here as well, since going south here reveals that

2PJuRUO.png

There is another, alleged, snorlax barring our path to go this way. So, I guess we should return to lavender town and go in some other direction. 

PjOQyOm.png

That direction being west. So now that we're on route 8, let's see if there's any path for us not barred by something large and sleeping in the middle of a road. 

hBSZlOB.pngJ1Kflg3.pngl1mYMIM.png

None of those are fluffy, but I guess shuckle is round and kind of cute. 

PCk5Aeb.pnguRBjsej.pngFGpvWtY.png

I like how it's clear they changed it but didn't even try to make it rhyme or anything. Sidebar, Ho-oh's got Solarbeam. Oddly fitting. 

8XoKbEK.pngoBZTZPN.pngC55H3s0.png

While normally I'd be inclined to disagree, as bashing my head against wall has never failed me yet in this game, this guy's Sunflora, which I failed to capture on camera by accident, had spikes. He was setting up to win. 

LWBxSTu.png

Missed the entry quote for the twins out here but doesn't matter all that much. Ursaring was yet another mon with Solarbeam so that was interesting. Lapras actually just had Dragon Dance and Spark on hand. Thing was scary. But with that done, Terry gets to level 36 and as a result. 

W450CNK.png1LLki3Q.png

Terry's all grown up now. And he grew up in a really big way. 

3t8Yc1R.png

Trading out Oblivious for Huge Power, Terry was already smashing through most things with Thrash but hot diggity damn did it just get a whole lot stronger. Now, while I would like to sweep everything ever with Terry, he's actually quite overleveled compared to the rest of my team, bar Barnes, so I need to let some of the others take some of the spotlight now. 

51UnHTa.pngeFqscCn.pngbbFVz7w.png

And what a time to switch. Neither of those are Nidoran.

iO0hIxc.pngoVZqghE.pngBgijEjI.pngcGGrIad.png

Anywho, there's a lot of trainers here with none too things interesting to say so I ended up blitzing past them. This route also has grass that's barred behind a tree, so after getting Ziggy the Keckleon to cut it down let's just scour the grass to see what this grass has to offer us. 

RCHnXLQ.png

Eyy nice. I've always liked the Aron line, so let's see if we can't get it. 

9SRQYWl.pngmmBT9xg.png

Yes, we now have Biron onto our squad. Probably going to put him in place of Tuff Puff because well, Biron here has some evolutions to go through and thus more to show. Speaking of, let's check him out. 

AAf5IMp.pngPOVnARv.png1lhgXC2.png

Pretty solid moveset, a bit sucky with the ability but it'll change once he evolves. Granted, Aron has a horrendously slow evolution line, so we'll see how that goes. Anywho, going onwards, let's go check out what the rest of the route has to offer here. 

OgDMfhf.pnguKLan4u.pngVz2tH7e.png

That would explain why he's just moving in a circle. Hypno was a bit scary as it lead with Metal Claw, and then nearly killed Biron with a surprise flamethrower. Thankfully the little Aron tanked it out. 

fRJeqmC.pngYbQKha9.pngKQkTNVV.png

Another rambling GAMING dude I see. Also everything's trying to make me think its safe to train Biron before trying to kill it. Onix here just kept vicegripping until the surprise bubblebeam came out. 

I5kwJgw.pngUEaI2qb.pnggYi7BMQ.png

I can't tell if he's trying to hit on me or not. Anywho, with that trainer beaten, we've cleared out the whole of Route 8 in terms of trainers. While there's another exit to the side here, it's just an entrance to Saffron which, once again has a thirsty guard who tells us the road is closed. So where is a boy to go? 

bGmV7ne.png

Well that's convenient. Quite like how we got to Vermillion, there's this nice conveniently built underground expanse to get from one city to the next. So, going under our problems instead of tackling them straight on, we end up on Route 7. 

UrXyT9W.png

Route 7 has nothing to speak of, except another building with a thirsty guard to tell us we're not allowed past and a patch of grass. So, with this patch of grass in front of us, let's check it out. 

WjLeFue.png

A ledian. Cool. I much prefer Ledyba but, such is the RNG. So this thing was not funking around, and was trying to go in for the kill against my guys. But after a hard fought battle. 

dKcBjhq.pngG56Z3Nr.png

We get Nenna to join our squad. 

msqgve6.pngUf2Fxhv.pngecS1G9S.png

So you can see why this thing was a bit hardcore to catch. Nearly one shot Biron and was looking scary against Progi if it had managed to actually land a dynamic punch. For now, I'm cool with what we got so Nenna'll stay in the box. Also, one patch of grass triggered two encounters, so I'm starting to see how annoying illuminate might be. Anyway, just moving to the west now, we cross a short amount of distance.

vSyqszw.png

And we get to a new city. So with that, I think it's a pretty good place to end the episode here. Not much happened this episode outside of a plethora of trainer battles, but hopefully now that we're in somewhere new we'll have things start to ramp up again. 

The Team
ZASilSv.png8YQpkzK.pngy0H8Ydr.png
O8SmlUN.png3dluN8W.pngMTssHwh.png

I don't know why I speak to all of you as if you've never played this game before, but I feel the need to. 

[spoiler=Episode 21 - Rambling GAMING Rockets]

ZASilSv.png8YQpkzK.pngy0H8Ydr.png
O8SmlUN.png3dluN8W.pngMTssHwh.png

With names so creative you'll think I was a professional name rator. Or something. 
Welcome back everyone, all like 3 of you, to another exciting episode of Pokemon Fern Version. Where we last left off we...beat a lot of trainers because we could neither fight ghosts nor fat people on the side of a road. So had to do something. Anyway, after beating all those trainers and being unable to get past yet another thirsty traffic cop, we found our convenient underground passage to get to the next city on our list. Celadon. We also added Biron the Aron to our squad, so that was neat. 

In this episode, let's get to exploring this new city. Now, there's something immediately weird about Celadon when you first get there. 

wBjVBr9.pngPu5O7Bn.png

There are just team rocket grunts walking about, and they don't really seem that friendly. Probably doesn't mean anything though, after all, Celadon is a place you'd probably like to go hang out randomly in anyway. After all it's got two major attractions to it. That being, 

aS7YZGt.pnggBarepz.png

A mall and a rambling gaming corner. We'll check out both of those places in due time but first, there's someone interesting near the game corner. 

PncsuTJ.pngpEtpnBC.png30yCGKr.pngOglFa9N.png

Hm, that sounds pretty bad. After all, how will all of the spirit mediums of the world be able to do their job if you can't get it back. Well, I'm sure we'll never find that thief, so it's best not to get involved in this kind of stuff. So instead, let's go check out the mall! 

The mall has like six different floors, including the roof, of good stuff to buy. The first floor is basically just the reception area, but floor two has probably the whackiest of stuff to buy. Which is to say, it's where you get trainer items such as pokeballs, medicines and TMs. That last one is what we're really here for. 

b34uE5j.png

As you can see, trying to look up what these TMs are is pretty fruitless. So instead, I'll tell you what they all are, (since that'd be too many screenshots otherwise.)

TM05 is Hail
TM15 is Swords Dance
TM28 is Sacred Fire
TM31 is Poison Tail 
TM 43 is Dig
TM 45 is Spite. 

So, definitely a lot of cool ones. Since we just got an influx of cash and its the cheapest one here, I decide to go a buy Sacred Fire because why not. And checking out who we can give this move to

VDg8Ma2.png

Turns out about half of our team can learn it. Which is pretty awesome. At the moment I'll just give it to Progi since it's a straight upgrade from his current Fire Move, Ember. The PP being five is a bit worrisome, though, but you know how can I not give my dragon bro it. 

Anyway, going up, we have floor 3. The only thing of note there is that some guy will try to teach one of our pokemon Sing, but I'm not too overly interested in that move so we'll just let that be. Floor 4's interesting thing is the evolution stones, and then floor 5 has all the stat increase items. The roof is the next floor which has vending machines with some really oddly good recovery items in them. Also this girl.

TZbe1aX.pngj8AmrcC.png

Funnily enough we have our Fresh Water from our Ghost Excursion that we can give to her so why not. Happy with our gift, the girl then decides to reward us with TM16. What is TM16 you might be asking, well it is obviously. 

DoZSSuO.png

Just what I was expecting. Might as well give it to Terry so he has an actual water move to use. Trading out Poison Sting for it, Terry now has a new move ready to use. So, with that out of the way, we stock up on some lemonade and water and get going. Rather than just going to the game corner, though, let's go and check out one other building of note. 

cpCiVAc.png

You know I don't think I ever knew this was a mansion. Just thought it was like, an apartment building or something. Anyway, this building has a few important things in it. Like on floor one we meet this old woman who just hands us some Tea because she doesn't want us drinking those like 9 lemonades we just bought instead. But since we're a young and upcoming trainer, we don't drink Tea, so we'll probably just find someone else who could use a nice beverage. Up a few more floors we find 

bTTihaM.png

The dev team. Sadly this isn't a game where the dev team is an optional super boss, so getting quick one liners is the most we'll get out of them. Though I suppose he says he'll give us something neat if we fill out the ENTIRE pokedex, which must be something super worth (spoilers: it's not.) But that's it for that building if you enter from the front. 

eyadmzR.png

Because there's also a back. For whatever reason, this mansion was built with a back entrance that contains nothing but stairs after stairs as the only way to get to a shed on the roof. But hey, on the roof we have an item to pick up.

OGiMZ5N.pngtcqP6ub.png

Or, it looked like an item at least. So something funny that I couldn't capture because of autoscrolling text was that it actually said that I got an "EEVEE" which is what's normally up here. But uh, I guess it changed its mind midway through. 

aL7UP8C.png

Anyway, we now have Pembrook the Marshtomp on our squad. So, let's take a look at our new recruit. 

Z32Mi3o.pngBo5YPOd.pngi5P4W8t.png

Well, that seems pretty scary once it gets set up. Or you know, it would if Iceball weren't special. Regardless, I'm cool with our squad at the moment, so we'll just leave Pembrook with the others in the box. So, with that stuff out of the way, let's go check out the last place on our check list of places to see in this city. The gambling house- er, Game Corner. 

The game corner is basically just a place you go to play exclusively slot machine type games to get coins and exchange those coins for prizes. Sadly, we can't get coins since we don't have a coin case...And I guess the game corner is so exclusive that they just don't sell them? 

Walking around the game corner, we find a bunch of people who are in the middle of their games. A lot of them seem to want to give us coins, but because we don't have a bag specifically designed to carry these coins, we can't get them. There are two who are a bit interesting though. First, this guy. 

hrb6KRN.pngrEQax2c.pngBVMXZBS.png
mDtiOXp.pngljtv0sp.pngRG5Y81F.png

Yeah that's right, the gym exposition guy is here playing the slots. I guess even he needs to blow stress off in some way. But yeah, he tells us about the gym leader of Celadon, Erika. Allegedly a grass type user but I'm pretty sure that's false. I don't think there's anything stopping us from going there right this moment and challenging her, but I'd rather not get to that just yet. The other guy in the game corner is this guy. 

cwFNRRE.png4KNkVuS.png
FXVgEDh.png

Gee, never would've guessed. We'll talk to that guy in a second, because I can't actually check out the prizes for the Game Corner without a Coin Case. So let's go get that first. Now I don't know if anyone actually tells you to go check out this place to find one, but you just gotta go to one of the completely nondescript buildings in the south of town, since one of them turns out to be a restaraunt. 

pY16PNW.pngc2vbbEH.pngJaYSmhC.png

So this guy decides to responsibly end his gambling career by pushing it onto a kid instead. Model citizen. Anyway, now that we have the coin case, let's just go check out the prizes we can get from coins. All of them appear to be the same kind of things you'd find in the base game. While this may seem incredibly lame, as these are the usual prizes you can get, there's something more to it. 

cHVzNfP.png

This is the abra. So as you can see, the text is lying to us once more so I'll have to scroll through each of these to tell you what they actually are. 

Abra: Piloswine
Clefairy: Nidoking
Dratini: Azuril
Scyther: Aggron 
Porygon: Jumpluff

Now, while I'm sure Knight is worth all the money and time I'd have to spend to get him, I'm just going to let these prizes lie here for now. There's also a TM prize area which includes TMs for Ice Beam, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Shadowball, Flamethrower. Those, as I have found out, are the actual prizes you'd usually get from this place. So unless I have to actually buy them to see if the game is lying to me our not, seems not everything is affected equally. Back into the Rocket Game Corner proper, let's go talk to that Rocket Grunt we saw earlier. 

ZEh01Cb.png

As always, these rocket grunts are quite friendly. Anyway, he doesn't really give us the option to back away from this fight, so let's see what he's got in store for us. 

XnFnXe6.pngyq0AZbQ.png

Maenetric nearly brought down Biron with its double kick. But otherwise wasn't that hard of a fight. Progi also leveled up and wanted to learn Astonish. However, I think his current moveset is fine as is, so we'll just not learn that. Anyway, with the rocket grunt beaten let's see what he has to say. 

e6XFPsi.pngBN3jF0M.pngKjhOUWM.png

With that he just sort of fades into the floor. Also it's quite amazing that these rocket guys have never actually been found out, but I guess they are just true masters of crimes and stealth. Anyway, since this guy seemed so keen on defending the poster, let's check it out. 

qofvP8m.png

Whoa, a talking poster. 

yrNkLPh.pngyln6gea.png

Or I guess we were the ones talking? I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, it turns out the Rocket Grunt didn't just phase into the floor, he just walked down the staircase...that wasn't opened...so I guess he still walked through the floor. Anyway, let's see what's below. 

QqrKXqP.png

Well whaddaya know. Turns out they really did have a hideout underneath the casino. Who woulda guessed. So I guess we'll just start with exploring the dungeon proper. When we first exit out of the stairs, we see another staircase right in front of us, but it's no fun to just immediately go down those. So we take our time around the first floor. Like one would think, this place is crawling with rocket grunts. 

8BeX10V.pngelKxbOW.pngIG4IaGR.png
lEiED3X.pngPxPpFOd.png

One who are about as happy as always to see us. There's also an item here.

DoZad78.png

Well no need to buy one now from the mall. Anyway, there's nothing else of note here, as anywhere else on the floor is blocked by a door. 

L35Uua5.png

This one, to be precise. So I guess we'll go see what's downstairs now. As we go downstairs we run into yet another rocket grunt. 

V0qQdst.pngJoyyKRK.png28ayvgj.pngeQRzPgN.png

Well that is certainly a strange thing to just randomly say to someone. Also, Biron leveled up and learned...iron defense. Well I think it's more usable then foresight so let's put this strangely fitting move onto him. 

gIistn0.png

Anyway, this floor is a lot more involved. While there's a staircase to take, that is again, less fun. But then again, sliding floor puzzles aren't all that great either. But we'll go through them anyway. I'm pretty sure these are only here because their boss was funking with them and just wanted to have fun watching them be spun around as they tried to get to the other side of the room. Or he just wanted to install a slip and slide but they went for a less wet option. One of the two. Anyway, we are now put at the whims of a man who loves his sliding floor so let's get to it. 

XbLpzSI.png2GKRMUb.pngwCulkLk.png

We find some items along the way as well. One of which is the TM for Toxic. Anyway, we eventually make our way to the other side where there are some stairs and an elevator. 

Lc9Ddcl.png

Sadly the elevator requires a key to be used, so we'll come back to that later. Up the stairs, however, we have some rocket grunts chilling around. 

f0UIM7N.pngk2q6NWW.png

They're about as expressive as you'd expect. All that's left up here is a single item.

WUcqrUR.png

One day I'll know what these berries do. With that being it for this floor and the one below it, there's just one other staircase we can go down. However, I feel like exploring more of this base will be best left to another episode, so I'll end it here for now. So, we'll just wait until next time to see what horrors this criminal syndicate has hidden under a casino. It probably won't be money related.

RuaSC2d.pngsFBqikv.pngfaycI9W.png
kqVRJdW.pngiDOFiQA.pngJRH8Zzu.png

Barnes was burned by a flame body magikarp. 

For a casino dungeon, this is very unglamorous. 

[spoiler=Episode 22 - Bumblefuck Hero]

RuaSC2d.pngsFBqikv.pngfaycI9W.png
kqVRJdW.pngiDOFiQA.pngJRH8Zzu.png

When it comes to stopping crime, there's no better team. 
Hey everyone Skaia back again for yet another episode of pokemon fern version. I can't imagine you were expecting me to be playing anything else here, but it's always good to reassure you about what game I'm playing. In the last episode we explored a lot of Celadon and found out that the casino was actually a secret hideout for villainy of all kind. In this episode, we'll continue thwarting crime. So, starting out on the third floor of the underground lair, we of course find more rocket grunts that want to fight us. 

7SSciDp.pngdASDCwU.pngfjZwsJp.png

I'm honestly surprised these people have communication whatsoever. There's not much to say about this guy other than apparently Poliwrath knows Tri Attack and Tri Attack has a 100% activation chance to funk you over. There's also an item down the hall he was guarding. 

LsSZXxM.png

This is the TM for Slam. Looking at Slam, the only person that can actually learn it is Progi, who already has Hyper Fang for a normal type move. And Hyper Fang is just objectively better so, I'm just going to stick with that for now. Anyway, the rest of this floor is, of course 

SlRC8EB.png

More sliding floor puzzles. Because the guy who made this base just wanted to inconvinience all the rocket grunts. So just going through this sliding floor we find an item. 

7aHIsG8.png

I'm pretty sure they're just making up berries as I find them. At the end of the floor puzzle we run into another rocket grunt. 

Y7LALFx.pngYoVCsaO.pngTJQRQHW.png5c2hPXV.png

Listen man I'm not even doing this on purpose. Side note, despite being a legend Celebi gives like no experience. Weird. Going a bit further through this area, we then find yet another item just lying on the floor next to a set of stairs that can take us down even further. 

oQR8Sq3.png

This was just Orange Mail. I guess a rocket grunt dropped his letter or something while walking around. With that done, we travel down to the next floor, B4F, and find only one rocket grunt and a few items. 

RZcU4U5.pngIPx6ZtC.png

The elevator actually tells you it needs a key, so I think it's working as intended. Somehow both of this guy's mons, the other being a pinsir, knew Extremespeed. So, we beat him and 

3wFFjqL.png

I'm sorry what? Was he like, being sarcistic before or just trying to mess with us? Or did he not know that he had this until he dropped it? Regardless, true to his word he did indeed drop the lift key right next to him and he is totally fine with us picking it up. So now we can use that to get around in the elevator. With that done, there's only a few other items to get on this floor so we'll just go and pick those up. 

OKXfqbz.png3XKmRJQ.png

The TM is Teleport, something Progi naturally knows how to do already. Anywho, since we now have the lift key (because they call it a lift here I guess,) and we have nowhere else to go, let's see what this Lift has in store for us. It gives us the option to go to B1F and B4F, and as we have yet to see an elevator on either of those floors, it's pretty clear these'll be new places. So might as well work through this place in top down style and go to B1F first. Going up we're immediatley greeted by the sight of a rocket grunt just staring down a hallway. 

l6ci8Nj.pngI89ryS1.png

Well, we're only here out of idle curiosity, so probably. I also keep Tauros keeps opening with Perish Song and actually knows Block to kill you with itself. What a nutty set. Anyway, with him bested, we go up the hallway to find that

4TfIXo6.png

The door that originally barred our way is just magically gone. You know, since you can't actually get to this area without going through the elevator, and you can't use the elevator without the key I actually have no idea what the purpose of this door was even supposed to be in the first place. Regardless, it now acts as a sort of faster way to get back to the entrance so that's nice to have. Sadly, though, that isn't enough to sate our infinite curiosity. So let's just go down the elevator to B4F. 

adJAjyf.png

I refuse to believe these berries actually exist. Regardless, this was in basically immediate view when we got down lift, so let's just put that away. Moving up, we see that our path is barred by two rocket guards and another locked door. Might as well talk to the grunts to see what's what. 

6BqpMS0.png3Hh1TJF.pnghn0dEex.png
N17nyBh.pngvPY65kO.pngm4SATpV.pngQZHY6pF.png

So we run into a familiar face, apparently, and someone who's really into their job. You know, I wish I knew what the beauty of your evil was, because the only actual evil thing I've seen them do so far is ransack a house, for some reason. Also ditto had flame body. 

ueIEJ8Q.png

And despite them having nothing important to say, the door just opens on its own. That's pretty weird. But whatever, let's just go see what's beyond the door. 

8x7DTqr.png

Some guy sitting on a couch. Menacingly. But anyway, let's go talk to the guy, because he seems to be just chilling around and we have nothing better to do. 

eNQSxsw.png9YMLQdj.pnghv0Gzdu.png
Y3cPlVa.pngxzG8nIb.png

I have done nothing to hinder whatever evil plans you have, I've literally just accidentally stumbled on your men who just wanted to battle me. Now granted, it seems the boss is no different so let's go throw down Giovanni. 

KYSTv7Z.png

And boy does he start out swinging. 

8cpBMuh.png

And goes pretty much downhill from there. Didn't capture his masquerain on screenshot but yeah. I appear to be a tad on the high leveled side, and as a result Giovanni just kind of doesn't stand a chance. 

Ht0Nd27.pngaWiyuAF.png7tbWTEf.pngs4Kamuq.png

I hope one day I'll understand what that actually is. Anyway, with Giovanni defeated, he just kind of bolts it out of here and drops something next to him. 

WkbuX5X.png

OH MY GOD IT'S A SILPH SCOPE WHO COULD'VE SEEN THIS COMING!? But yeah, Giovanni turns out to be the thief who took the scope and I guess in his haste to leave his underground base he just...tossed it to the ground...or something. But man, I only wish I knew what this item did. But hey, with that we've managed to stop team rocket's dastardly plan of...owning a casino? Which is still in business, and only Giovanni left. But, no sense in reporting a base of a major criminal syndicate to the police, so let's just go to the place where we know we can use the Silph Scope. 

0xfRXCC.png

The pokemon tower. Now I know that there's a gym in Celadon to do, but funk it i want to see what all this ghost business was about first. So making our way back into fog machine central, let's see what new member of the team we can get. 

NSfvmRR.png

GHOST FLAREON. I am A Ok with this. So catching new pokemon is a tad difficult since my god squad here will 1 shot anything and everything we run into. 

XYS8znN.pngXzUi9sB.png

We add Johnson to our squad. So, let's see what this Flareon is packing.

xtCrDWo.pngGXCnsHU.pngEO7rSIk.png

Well, all in all that's a pretty solid moveset. And being immune to crits sounds like a god send for the nuzlocke. But, I'll still keeping the squad the same for now, so Johnson can chill on reserve with some of the others. Anyway, we continue to move on through the tower with basically nothing different, except for us finally being able to see the pokemon here. Eventually, we get back to the staircase where the ghost barred any progress forward.

B0OXMVv.png

Surprisingly it is still a Marowak. I'm not sure if I changed event pokemon or not, but for whatever reason this thing is still the same. It's moves certainly aren't as it knows spore and magic coat. But since those are the only moves it shows, it goes down pretty easily.

CGw17jc.png3dI2UZa.png

You know I feel this would make more sense if there was a specific cubone we were supposed to meet. But regardless, by beating the sheet out of a spirit wanting to defend its young, we calm it and let it move on in peace to the afterlife. It also lets us go up the stairs now. 

CLAfHiP.png

Apparently a lot of people sprung for the gold tombstones. Anyway, we're apparently not done with Rocket just yet as they managed to get past the Marrowak spirit. So let's just walk up to them and have them throw themselves at us again. 

6Xvnv0y.png5Mx6ApY.pngllhZDbC.pngqStPUHJ.png

Surprisingly they say things when you beat them on the map, and also just leave. I don't really get why, but hey man, you do you. 

VEf6Txv.pngsJSXnL7.pngiSvOeFH.png
4hRIuhW.pngM6VvPiF.png

This guy walked all the way over to Celadon, found their casino base, mouthed off to them so they decided to hold him up at the top of a tower in a city on the opposite side of the map. These rocket guys are a bit dramatic if nothing else. 

zfe8BRG.png

Spoilers. I'm saving someone. With the last of the rocket grunts defeated, let's go see what this old guy up here has to say. 

gnWEdlI.png

Maybe? I honestly forgot that someone told me that you were up here. 

iHcWfqa.pngJSBhANF.png

Well, it was a doomed mission from the start since you didn't have the Silph Co. branded Silph Scope, for all your ghost seeing needs. Also I don't think you battle at all so you know. 

iPQM0FO.pngG5aEg9c.pngdNdFeWP.png

So, to thank us the guy teleports us to his house so that we can talk to him again to see what the real reward is. 

7lJNqJo.png7fkTERv.pngHMUG83p.png
CHQ5mxh.png1RaZCdZ.png

I guess we had a lengthy chat about who I was and what I was doing on the way down. Or the old man's actually a psychic type in disguise. Anyway, yes, he gives us the Poke Flute. Which 

YDC816y.pngTqoEXmx.png

Hint hint. I'm not sure how often this is actually a problem that this guy feels the need to tell us as soon as we get the flute, but you know let's just follow the guy's advice and put it immediately to use. 

rLkT5tQ.png

After playing the pokeflute, the game informs us that Snorlax awakes in a grumpy rage and

0KzmMp6.png

Well, I guess it lost a few pounds in its rage. Anyway, as this is an event pokmeon, I'm going to go and catch it. 

Nf2cali.png0SAhXaM.png

And it gets caught pretty easily. So let's go check out Snoozy now. 

Xa27Tgi.png72h5GaR.pngDqfaqcV.png

You can't even bomb the obstruction out of the way. Snoozy's pretty cool, if nothing else because of Blast Burn, but she'll still be chilling in the box with the others. Now that we've caught Snoozy, though, I'd just like to play out the sequence of events we went through to get to this point.

We beat the third gym, but there's a large snorlax, or shroomish as it was, in our way. 
So we have to take a super roundabout path, through Cerulean to take a tunnel to get to Lavender. 
We then have to get a magic flute to wake up the shroomish, so we climb up a ghost tower only to be stopped by ghosts that we can't fight without the handy dandy Silph Scope. 
So we just up and leave, bumble our way around to Celadon, accidentally stumble upon a crime syndicate's base, and just walk through it for no particular reason, beating their boss in the process. 
We then get the Silph Scope, climb the tower again, fight a ghost, fight more criminals and then save an old guy who gives us a magic flute so we can finally fight Shroomish. 

So yeah, our quest most pressing quest has finally finished and we can continue on with our pokemon journey. Now granted, we could've anyway since there was a gym in Celadon I didn't do yet, but I'll save that for next time. For now, stay Silphy. 

The Team 
ZCPO26z.png4ajqI3g.pngE4GlLUE.png
NyXSZyG.pngZ3rQ6qC.pngBJHNypr.png

The Silph Co. branded Silph Scope, for all your ghost-seeing needs, allows you to identify ghosts, and is simply a must-have for channelers. Technology is amazing!

Seeing how the fight against Giovanni went, I'm also looking forward to the Viridian City gym. We've got a bit before that point, but the best things are worth waiting for.

A bit of short one, but here it is. 

[spoiler=Episode 23 - TREES]

ZCPO26z.png4ajqI3g.pngE4GlLUE.png

NyXSZyG.pngZ3rQ6qC.pngBJHNypr.png

Ghost Busters Extrodinaire 

Hey everyone, it's Skaia here for yet another instalment of Pokemon Fern version. Where we last left off we beat the boss of Team Rocket who was just chilling under a casino, fought ghosts, saved an old man, got a magic flute and Snoozy the Shroomish, who was blocking our path to get further on our journey. Sort of. In this episode, we'll instead be continuing our journey in a way that Snoozy had no part in. 

wZomoyB.png

That being the Gym in Celadon city. Now sadly, the game really wants to make sure that you have cut on hand, because the only way to get to this gym, is by using it to bring down a tree. This means that we aren't really operating at full power here, but it's mostly just the missing of Biron who is mostly just around for Bone Rushing. But once we get past that minor bump in the road

HrCAJZh.png

We get to the gym proper. Now, this gym is basically a straight line with some different paths you can take to get to the gym leader. Now, this place has a weird sort of gimmick to it. Which is, rather than just giving you a straight path to go down, it gives you three ones. Now on first glance, it seems like the most direct path requires you to have cut, something you needed to get in here anyway. So you'd think the other two paths, the one with more trainers on them, wouldn't require you to have it but...that's not really the case. Regardless of design oddities, let's just start our going ons in this gym. 

du9OUEK.png9YX1fXr.pnggCjllDX.png8IvzFIX.png

Sadly I'm not the female character, so I guess I'm actually just breaking and entering here. 

aVBoCdw.pngIOsk5cS.pngbO3jJ3U.png
zJ9JX2x.png9RHFoKW.png

Well, do I got something exciting for you. 

0oLvZSH.png1iuIcTx.pnguERLwr3.png

No that was the old man outdoors. 

q3cCjAs.png

Ok that might've been me. 

7XbLCQW.pngP0D4OjX.png1lWs9FJ.png

So she takes it up to herself to try the more challenging mons for the gym. 

JTkRtic.png4Hny9DB.png

And mine is fighting crime. Pleasure to meet you. 

n5hXZpg.pngy2hzXqZ.pngUspXxJD.pngoHdW2N7.png
bed2kCQ.png7B6gb2C.png9lAchlJ.png

The dugtrio had psycho boost and doom desire. Basically, message recieved. 

rhJnnuR.pngKoo8Kz4.pngYx3v5BL.pngi6q2qJm.png

Fret not lass, for I have neither. Though thankfully Jolene does have Twinneedle. Anyway, with that, we have cleared out all but one of the trainers in this gym. The last one being the gym leader, Erika, herself. So, without further ado let's see if we can't get ourselves a gym badge after 10 thousand years. 

o8WvwSY.pngWXcAjJM.png

Starting off with the old, "how about that weather." I like this girl already. 

LoU2Yvz.pngyu7FTZu.pngquCL9Mj.png
aPYU5de.pngv74AkFO.pngMrb9ko2.png

And with that, let's see what this grass gym leader has in store for us. 

KjCeTdl.png

Holy sheet a grass type to lead things off. That's pretty surprising. Unfortunately, Jolene knows ice beam so they turn out to be quite the knight killer. So with one ice beam let's see what else she has in store.

zjkjpMf.png

Why are you so much lower leveled then the last? Anyway, Jolene is able to bring it down in a few vicegrips, but because the squirtle managed to get a charm off let's bring out our ace for the final mon that Erika has. 

81Y4NwC.png

It's a bad day to be a bug type. With Barnes calling forth a bunch of rocks to launch at Yanma, it goes down in one shot. 

L1NECTF.pngTbNHT0O.pngfRpfPNM.png

dXjtSPx.pngeI3tMso.pngOZ9Krdk.png
VpwUvFZ.pngX4Nkp1P.pngU9I7hlI.png

And so, we have earned our rainbow badge and, the most useful of moves, String Shot. Sadly it isn't as useful as Erika seems to think, though everyone but Tesla seems to be able to learn it. But if it's an invitation- Anyway, now that we have gotten our badge, we've basically cleared everything we need to in Celadon and are ready to continue our journey to the next city. There's a few choices for that, but we'll get to that in the next episode. For now, I'll catch you later.  

The Team
uX0gkMi.pngT6qcxcF.pngfpqYelI.png
mqD0IaY.png1zKQJ69.pngG8qGMbj.png

Archived