Vampire Support

SilentKatana

So I've been playing around with Vampires as a deck for a while now in irl Yugioh, and decided to CaC some stuff to help with several speed/consistency issues the deck has as of now, whilst also trying to capitalise a bit more on the gimmick of milling the opponent's deck, outside of relying on Vampire Kingdom/Bram, the deck has no real way to properly do stuff with it, ergo the addition of Lair, and Dracul. Vampire Bat exists to add some level of power to Kingdom's Vampire mill effect, and to give the deck disruption on the opponent's turn with Kingdom on board.

Marquis acts as another lv 6 besides Grace and Curse to facilitate the summoning of Dracul, whilst also giving the deck some faster searching power that Sorcerer, and Soldier acts as the supreme enabler of the deck, acting as an instant play enabler with cards like Shadow and Vamp. 

Vampire Marquis

tysVJu8.jpg?1

Monster - Lv 6 - Dark

Zombie/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Vampire" Spell or Trap card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, you can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/2300 DEF/1500

Vampire Lair

nilCvQr.jpg?1

Spell - Continuous

Each time a card(s) is sent from your opponent's deck to the graveyard, place 1 "Blood" Counter on this card. Zombie-Type Monsters you control gain 150 ATK for each counter on this card. You can remove 3 counters from this card to target 1 "Vampire" monster that is banished or in your graveyard; Special Summon it.

Vampire Soldier

8FkeEWi.jpg?1

Monster - Lv 4 - DARK

Zombie/Effect

During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Vampire" Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn, you can send 1 "Vampire" Monster from your deck to the graveyard.

ATK/1650 DEF/1050

Vampire Bat

Zsg5qpl.jpg?1

Monster - Lv 3 - DARK

Zombie/Effect

When this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard: You can target 1 level 4 or lower "Vampire" Monster in your graveyard; Special Summon it. During either player's turn, if this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card from your graveyard, then target 1 "Vampire" Monster in your graveyard; banish it, and if you do, declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their deck to the Graveyard.

ATK/ 550 DEF/  50

Vampire High Count, Dracul

VacPn1s.jpg?1

Monster - Rank 6 - DARK

Zombie/Xyz/Effect

2 or more Level 6 Zombie-Type Monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Crimson Knight Vampire Bram" you control with no Xyz Materials as the Xyz material. Once per turn, when a card(s) is sent from your opponent's deck to the graveyard; you can attach one of those cards to this card as Xyz Material. This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to this card. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; all monsters your opponent currently controls lose 500 ATK, and all monsters you currently control, except this card, gain 500 ATK. During the Standby Phase, if this card was sent to the graveyard by an opponent's card effect; Special Summon it.

ATK/2550 DEF/2050

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'll review this since I have tremendous love for Vampires (have made cards for them redesigned them and still not finish that stuff since I grow undecided and with more ideas) due to Castlevania series, which I love very much. So...........I shall place judgment here. My approach with Vamps is much different, so I won't criticize you for differing from me, but rather on a more particular issue which is why my approach was different to begin with. Namely that the dumping stunt that makes them famous, is flat-out unviable and all in all it sucks giant balls (no offense to you here).

1) For starters.......high level dude whose effects are unimpressive. Searching Vamp S/T won't do much when the cards (including yours) simply don't do much, not to mention this guy is slow by virtue of being high Level. Ok some cards here help de-clog from Sorcerer, but still not to the point that makes searching weak backrow worth running this guy.

2) Low ATK gain and Counter production is slow as all hell. Maybe if it included field OR also from your Deck it could get somewhere, otherwise in its current state, it doesn't.

3) This guy is good, but it could work better if it could include more Zombies OR if you could make a Rank 4 that had uses.

4) This card is bad. Ok it floats but what point is in running it in the first place? Say I summon it, what do I do with it after that? The answer is nothing since I cannot even double Normal if I use my NS on Soldier. The banish eff is also bad, not worth the cost at all.

5) The Xyz is fairly mediocre too. CXyz condition is good but no Xyz Material restriction is overkill. Detach eff is also fairly mediocre and not worth the entire ordeal. Revival won't happen very often since this card is stat-wise fairly weak to last. All of this is really not in the scope of a Rank 6.

Suggestions:

a) If you are insistent in using the "dump" approach, then I strongly suggest using "declare 1 card name, then your opp sends 1 card with that name from their deck to the Graveyard" or something similar (this way you can send the cards YOU want dumped rather than those the opp wants dumped) or improve the dumping, because as it stands it really sucks.

b) Significantly improve the strength of these cards. I think I disclosed why they are rather weak. Vampires are slow, their power plays are meh, these cards do not help very much with that. They need TONS of better speed and improved power to actually be functional. Try adding some potent removal like banish, bounce, shuffle, etc.

c) Make cards easier to get out, easier to combo, and that they do something worth getting them out and playing. More backrow and a Rank 4 that helps speed stuff up are ideas (not the only ones).

So far this doesn't sell well buddy, sorry.

4/10.

Archived