Transcendent Deck (can only summon during opponent's turn)

tenri00

Hey guys...

Just as always, I really love making Pendulum Archetypes. Ironically, with the way the anime ended, I hated Arc V though. Now that the new series is coming soon with new changes in rules, I still want to make a viable Pendulum deck despite the fact that they got nerfed so hard (actually, I feel like they deserved it). I'm still not good at designing card effects though, so if you see some op possibilities, inappropriate effects or even cheesy names, feel free to criticize. Thank you.

*I do not own the card arts and the backgrounds I used. Credits to their owner whoever they are.

Transcendent Archetype

This archetype consists of only 5 Pendulum Monsters (2 Main Deck, 1 Fusion, 1 Synchro, 1 Xyz), 1 Link Monnster, and 4 Traps

Main Deck Monsters:

Helios the Transcendent Summoner

UFXyop.png

PE: Pendulum Monsters in either player's Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 Monster Cards. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz Summon using cards in either player's Pendulum Zone including this card (this is a Quick Effect).

ME: This card can only be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If you use this card you control for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a non-Tuner monster. Cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Selene the Transcendent Summoner

8JNAAC.png

PE: Pendulum Monsters in either player's Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 Monster Cards. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz Summon using cards in either player's Pendulum Zone including this card (this is a Quick Effect).

ME: This card can only be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If you use this card you control for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a Tuner monster. Cannot be targeted by card effects.

Effects and Strategies:

Both of this main deck monsters cannot be Summoned by any means from the hand as a handicap. Also they both have low ATK and DEF stats, making them useless on the field. However, both of them have a great Pendulum Effect that can Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon using cards on EITHER player's Pendulum Zone (all pendulum monsters in the Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 monsters while these cards are on the field), meaning they can monopolize Pendulums; you can only do that during your opponent's turn though. Also, they cannot Link Summon using these effects so they must be on the field to summon their Link "Boss" Monster and there's only one way to do that, they must be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck. Keep in mind that in order to Pendulum Summon from Extra Deck, the pendulum monster must be summoned on Extra Monster Zone or Linked Zone and is limited to one monster per turn, according to the new regulations.

Another thing, Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck must be placed on the Extra Monster Zone or Linked Zone if they would be Pendulum Summoned, so Summoning the Link Boss would be impossible with these 2 monsters alone.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Vulcan the Transcendent Innovator

e6YYxG.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 2 to 9; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn: You can destroy this card; add 2 "Transcendent" monster from your Deck to your hand.

ME: 1 "Transcendent" Pendulum Monster + 1 Effect Monster

This card gains the effect of all the monsters used for the Fusion Summon of this card. When this card is Pendulum Summoned: Target 1 face-up Monster Card on either player's Extra Deck or Graveyard; equip that card to this card. This card gains the effect of the card equipped to it by this effect. Once per turn: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Strategy: This card is the Fusion Boss of the archetype. During its first summon (fusion), this card can gain the effects of its fusion materials, preferably Helios and Selene due to their "cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects" combo. If the player has a better Pendulum Monsters than one of those cards, then this card's potential goes even higher. When this card is Pendulum Summoned, this card can equip a face-up Monster from either player's extra deck or graveyard and gain that card's effect. This monster's potential depends entirely on the equip card's effect. It can be deadly but not on the same level as Neptune. Neptune was banned because it can gain ATK power as well as the ability of a monster and is by far easier to summon than this card.

Harmonia the Transcendent Liberator

Rc6T1i.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 2 to 9; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn, when your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card.

ME: 1 "Transcendent" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card battles, this card's attack becomes equal to the ATK of the monster it is battling +100, during Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone, if possible.

Strategy: This Synchro is a walking moon mirror shield, able to beat any high ATK monsters. This card is pretty simple actually, except that, just like Vulcan, you can place this card on your Pendulum Zone DURING YOU OR YOUR OPPONENTS TURN, and the most amazing thing is, you can do it on either player's main, battle or before End Phase. This effect becomes useful due to this card's Pendulum Effect that can quickly Special Summon this card to the field IF you are attacked by an opponent's monster.

Discordia the Transcendent Conqueror

dzsAVZ.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 2 to 9; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can destroy this card; add 1 "Transcendental" Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

ME: 2 Level 4 monster

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Must be Xyz Summoned with at least 1 "Transcendent" monster as Xyz Material. When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell Card on the field; attach that card to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; place this card in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls become 0 until the end of this turn.

Strategy: This card can steal a face-up Spell Card on the field. If your opponent is a Pendulum User, then this guy is his mortal enemy. It can also be useful against decks that depends a lot on continuous spell cards. What if your opponent doesn't have a face-up Spell? Then you can use your own cards. This archetype is Pendulum-based, it won't be that hard to replenish this card's Xyz Materials. The best part of it is, you can use this cards materials to reduce the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls to zero until the End Phase and at the same time, have the opportunity to escape to the Pendulum Zone.

Iris the Transcendental Saviour

GZKdW1.jpg

Effect: Link 2 - "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters - 2

Twice per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can move this card to one of your Main Monster Zone. Once during your opponent's turn, if your opponent would Special Summon(s) a monster from the Extra Deck: You can Special Summon 1 face-up "Transcendent" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck.

Strategy: This card is the hardest "Transcendent" to summon since it requires 2 "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters, and as we know Helios and Selene cannot be on the same field nor HeliosxHelios or SelenexSelene. That is just impossible due to the new regulations regarding PE from ED. The only way to summon this card is to have Helios (or Selene) coupled with a revived Fusion, Synchro or Xyz "Transcendent". But once summoned, it will give a lot of benefits. It can open up a lot of zones through its 2nd effect. This card's 3rd effect can Special Summon a face-up "Transcendent" from Extra Deck once your opponent summons an Extra Deck monster. It will make your opponent think twice to summon big names. Despite its low ATK, this card can withstand destruction, either by battle or card effects, up to twice per turn. Pretty useful for a Link 2 monster.

Trap Cards:

All of the traps in this archetype are unique traps, but I made sure they're hard to pull off, situational or not too op.

Transcendental Emergency Teleport

dxMDjK.png

Effect: You can activate this card from your hand. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: Negate the attack; place up to 2 face-up "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck, Deck or Graveyard to your Pendulum Zone. You can only activate "Transcendental Emergency Teleport" once per turn.

Strategy: This one is a hand trap, meant to disrupt your opponen's attack and eventually summoning (during Battle Phase) an Extra Deck Monster through Helios and Selene's Pendulum Effect.

Transcendental Counterattack

yO3hlK.png

Effect: This card cannot be activated on the field. When your opponent activates a card effect while this card is in the Graveyard and you control exactly 1 "Transcendent" monster: You can banish this card from the Graveyard; negate that card's effect, and if you do, you can activate that card's effect as this card's effect. You can only activate 1 "Transcendental Counterattack" once per turn.

Strategy: This card can negate a generic card effect but it can only be activated in the graveyard and only when you control EXACTLY 1 "Transcendent" monster. This card's use is similar to Tachyon Transmigration but a bit slower and has a harder requirement. They are also the same in a way that after negating effects, they have additional effects. Tachyon can shuffle all cards under its chain to the deck. This card has an effect similar to majestic star in which it copies the negated effect and returns it to the opponent (however, this one is situational and has a high percentage of failing).

Transcendental Strategies

UnakVS.png

Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Special Summon of "Transcendent" monsters. When this card is destroyed, add it to your Deck and shuffle it.

Strategy: This card can cover the weakness of your boss monsters from summon negations and is easily recyclable. Nothing much to say about this card but is essential.

Transcendental Portal

NhM6J6.png

Effect: Add 1 "Transcendental" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate "Transcendental Portal" once per turn.

Strategy: This card is the searcher of traps and it can do its job on your opponent's battle phase. It can pretty much disrupt your opponent's strategies if they're not careful.

-------

Author's Note: I really tried to make this archetype unique as possible. But I do think that some of those concepts were pretty much OP. So I want to hear your thoughts about these cards and thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well since you are nice enough to respond to my post, I'll respond to yours :)

Helios and Selena - Their summon restiction is a little too much, you should make it so they can pendulum summoned from hand also. This will give them a little easier time to summon if your opponent doesn't have any pendulum monsters.

Vulcan - Its effect when fusioned summoned should be - This fusioned summoned card gains the effects of the "Transcendent" monsters used for it's summon. Gaining the effects of your opponent's monster, who was used for its fusion summon, is a little over the top since you can take an effect once per turn with it.

Harmonia - I think it's pendulum effect should be once while this card is face-up on the field since it could do an infinite loop.

Discordia - It should only be able to attach face- up cards to balance that a little. Its effect when placed in the pendulum zone should only be on 1 monster not all of them, since it would be easy to summon again.

Iris - Its destruction negation effect shouldn't vanish a monster from your extra deck, maybe make it shuffle 1 into your deck because you don't want to lose the pendulum monsters you can summon again. Also its third effect should state; if possible, just to clear it up a bit.

Emergency Teleport - Solid card, let's you get Helios and Arlene back into your pendulum zone, although it shouldn't only be able to activate from hand, it wouldn't make it that ok if you are able to activate it from the field.

Counterattack - If you are gonna make its effect only happen in the grraveyard, you should make an activation effect on the field that says something like; Send this card to the graveyard, or something along the lines of that.

Strategies - Its good, just doesn't cover your opponent's turn if you are gonna summon during your turn, unless you have 2 of them lol. Its good for balancing it though.

Portal - It isn't that op, you should change it to anytime during your opponent's turn.

I don't usually review cards, but I gave my honest opinions.

Well since you are nice enough to respond to my post, I'll respond to yours :)

Helios and Selena - Their summon restiction is a little too much, you should make it so they can pendulum summoned from hand also. This will give them a little easier time to summon if your opponent doesn't have any pendulum monsters.

Vulcan - Its effect when fusioned summoned should be - This fusioned summoned card gains the effects of the "Transcendent" monsters used for it's summon. Gaining the effects of your opponent's monster, who was used for its fusion summon, is a little over the top since you can take an effect once per turn with it.

Harmonia - I think it's pendulum effect should be once while this card is face-up on the field since it could do an infinite loop.

Discordia - It should only be able to attach face- up cards to balance that a little. Its effect when placed in the pendulum zone should only be on 1 monster not all of them, since it would be easy to summon again.

Iris - Its destruction negation effect shouldn't vanish a monster from your extra deck, maybe make it shuffle 1 into your deck because you don't want to lose the pendulum monsters you can summon again. Also its third effect should state; if possible, just to clear it up a bit.

Emergency Teleport - Solid card, let's you get Helios and Arlene back into your pendulum zone, although it shouldn't only be able to activate from hand, it wouldn't make it that ok if you are able to activate it from the field.

Counterattack - If you are gonna make its effect only happen in the grraveyard, you should make an activation effect on the field that says something like; Send this card to the graveyard, or something along the lines of that.

Strategies - Its good, just doesn't cover your opponent's turn if you are gonna summon during your turn, unless you have 2 of them lol. Its good for balancing it though.

Portal - It isn't that op, you should change it to anytime during your opponent's turn.

I don't usually review cards, but I gave my honest opinions.

When I was making the deck, I was thinking that if it were to be incorporated by meta pendulum decks, it would be able to summon its bosses faster than it should so I purposely disabled Helios and Selene's ability to be pendulum summoned from the hand, forcing the player to set it in the Pendulum Zone and use it solely for Extra Deck Summoning except Link.

-I'm going to change Discordia's and Vulcan's effect as you stated. I think that would be better.

-Harmonia's effect can only be activated once per turn, and only when an opponent's monster attacks. Yes, it can create an infinite loop but a bit slow since it can only do that during an opponent's turn and is very situational, and it is susceptible to destruction and negation effects which the meta is obviously abusing. So I decided Harmonia is good as it is.

-I'm considering to remove Iris' destruction negation and make it focus solely on supporting the Extra Deck Monsters.

-Emergency Teleport can also be activated from the field. It doesn't have any restrictions regarding that.

-Counterattack can easily be set up by using cards that sends to the graveyard. But I'm considering to give it the send to the graveyard effect as you stated in order to give it the speed it needs.

- Portal would also be able to activate anytime during opponent's turn.

I purposely made the boss monsters capable of resummoning since this deck lacks main monsters (and the main monsters it has isn't easy to summon). Another thing, since this deck can only summon 1 monster per turn, it would be pretty hard to maintain field advantage, thus, making the recovery effects even more balanced. Also this deck is obviously dependent on Emergency Teleport, once it is negated or bypassed by Armades-like effects, it can destroy this deck's strategy, probably preventig this deck to summon any monster. Anyway, I would likely update in a few weeks.Thanks for the response. :D

Rereading teleport's effect, I see that I misread it lol. Also, if you are considering getting rid of Iris' effect, maybe you could make it into an effect that special summons a "Transcendent" from your deck or even face up in your extra deck ignoring its summoning conditions, this would give some speed to the deck. Just an idea.

i kinda forgot that how long is the time limit for Necrobump but i might as well put on things to be considered about

Helios & Selene: i think your decision of limiting them to be ED summoned is alrite. since both this card is generic in almost every way. can synchro by simply activating your own scales (which quite miniscule cost), during your opponent turn nonetheless when in most scenario your opponent hasn't prepare any counter measure against you (with possibility robbing their scales away), Level 4 is still a nice amount for synchro shenanigans (luckily too that its not Level 3 or lower),  more so it can switch its properties (Tuner <> non-Tuner) making them super flexible.

all the above point is also applicable to its fusion and Xyz summoning effects, although these guys kinda weaker on the fusion job.

Vulcan: I kinda forgot what Pendulum deck that actually meta or at least have substantial Tier to be relevant. but i can't recall of any pendulum deck that has really good monster effect to be copied by this card effect barring Majespecter maybe (which both of the Main Deck duo already cover up). i actually one of those people that disagree about Ability-Copying effect being OP (#freeNeptune) because it dependent on another investment to make it good. sure, there a debate that Ability-Copy would break HOPT but it never really tested upon.

other than that its nice that it become an Omni Scale of your choice. although i don't think it should go as high as 10. it can pop it self to search another duo to extent plays

Harmonia: technically its not deadly. just being an slightly annoying wall that can be steamrolled with UTL, CWSD, and heck even Wicked Avatar disown this card hard. well being pendulum cover this by being persistent.

Discordia: a better and recurring version of 101? yeah that's too much. even if its require target and only attach face-up cards. in tandem,it can turn the burgled advantage to field wide stat reduction ensuring the winning.

Trap searching is fine though. although the concern is understandable since its type of design that can get out off hand in correlation of how good the traps is. but for now its not that strong due to the nature of trap being slow investment

Iris: i know that the requirement is xenophobic plus the fact that it require pendulum hinder the investment of another copy of this card (barring its moving zone effect) but i don't think 2500 on link 2 is okay. maybe lower it a bit to like 2100-1900 which wont really hinders the 3rd effects of this card since instead of attacking this card first and summon later to avoid the 3rd effect. in most scenario ist better to summon first challenging the scale setup effect than purposely slowing the play in MM2 like Maxx C. 2nd effect is quite handy though  

Teleport: seems good. negate and attack and recover you things

Counterattack: its really unclear. is it Return or Banish? if its returning a banished monster (based on the fact Iris exist), it return to where? (same with banish: banish from where?) the negation wording is so awkward there possibility of it being miss timing if not work at all

Strategies: the anti-negation effect is cool and all but the tag effect is just OTT. i mean it can be a merit that with the Link era Zone ruling this card wont clog-up your S/T zone. but on the other hand it doesn't seems necessary since i can just invest all S/T shenanigan i want before finished of by setting this card. and the requirement to being activated again and again  is more inviting opponent to chain it with MST

Portal: not that good. its a slow investment that search another slow investment and making it further slower. ill stick with making Discordia and combo with Foolish Burial of Belongings

i kinda forgot that how long is the time limit for Necrobump but i might as well put on things to be considered about

Helios & Selene: i think your decision of limiting them to be ED summoned is alrite. since both this card is generic in almost every way. can synchro by simply activating your own scales (which quite miniscule cost), during your opponent turn nonetheless when in most scenario your opponent hasn't prepare any counter measure against you (with possibility robbing their scales away), Level 4 is still a nice amount for synchro shenanigans (luckily too that its not Level 3 or lower),  more so it can switch its properties (Tuner <> non-Tuner) making them super flexible.

all the above point is also applicable to its fusion and Xyz summoning effects, although these guys kinda weaker on the fusion job.

Vulcan: I kinda forgot what Pendulum deck that actually meta or at least have substantial Tier to be relevant. but i can't recall of any pendulum deck that has really good monster effect to be copied by this card effect barring Majespecter maybe (which both of the Main Deck duo already cover up). i actually one of those people that disagree about Ability-Copying effect being OP (#freeNeptune) because it dependent on another investment to make it good. sure, there a debate that Ability-Copy would break HOPT but it never really tested upon.

other than that its nice that it become an Omni Scale of your choice. although i don't think it should go as high as 10. it can pop it self to search another duo to extent plays

Harmonia: technically its not deadly. just being an slightly annoying wall that can be steamrolled with UTL, CWSD, and heck even Wicked Avatar disown this card hard. well being pendulum cover this by being persistent.

Discordia: a better and recurring version of 101? yeah that's too much. even if its require target and only attach face-up cards. in tandem,it can turn the burgled advantage to field wide stat reduction ensuring the winning.

Trap searching is fine though. although the concern is understandable since its type of design that can get out off hand in correlation of how good the traps is. but for now its not that strong due to the nature of trap being slow investment

Iris: i know that the requirement is xenophobic plus the fact that it require pendulum hinder the investment of another copy of this card (barring its moving zone effect) but i don't think 2500 on link 2 is okay. maybe lower it a bit to like 2100-1900 which wont really hinders the 3rd effects of this card since instead of attacking this card first and summon later to avoid the 3rd effect. in most scenario ist better to summon first challenging the scale setup effect than purposely slowing the play in MM2 like Maxx C. 2nd effect is quite handy though  

Teleport: seems good. negate and attack and recover you things

Counterattack: its really unclear. is it Return or Banish? if its returning a banished monster (based on the fact Iris exist), it return to where? (same with banish: banish from where?) the negation wording is so awkward there possibility of it being miss timing if not work at all

Strategies: the anti-negation effect is cool and all but the tag effect is just OTT. i mean it can be a merit that with the Link era Zone ruling this card wont clog-up your S/T zone. but on the other hand it doesn't seems necessary since i can just invest all S/T shenanigan i want before finished of by setting this card. and the requirement to being activated again and again  is more inviting opponent to chain it with MST

Portal: not that good. its a slow investment that search another slow investment and making it further slower. ill stick with making Discordia and combo with Foolish Burial of Belongings

I thought Necrobump applies only after a month or so. Looks like I have to reread the rulebook. Anyway, that is some helpful advice there, I appreciate it. I'm going to keep these in mind.

I also thought fusion is a bit weaker than others, so I'm going to fix that.

Regarding Discordia, I'm thinking of limiting its ME and PE to make it balance.

Also going to fix the Iris and the weak traps. Thanks :D

Archived