Background of card picture

dark_bakura

Is there anyway to get the random background from the actual card pics...

cardpicbackground.jpg

and place in into a pic with a plain white background...?

plainwhite.jpg

If so can someone let me know how and what program to use, and where to get the program cause if it ain't "Paint" or "Microsoft Photo Editor"... I aint got it lol.

Thanks guys,

dark_bakura

The cards' background is something you can't get complete, or rip, or anything, since it's a part of a static image, exactly where the other image (in this case the monster) can be found. They're on the same layer, so, if you would remove the monster, there would be only an empty space behind it. In Photoshop and some other programs (I think GIMP), you can work with different layers, where putting an image over it won't erase anything from the background.

So, the best you could get would be erase the monster, and then try to make the empty space match the background. Yet, that process' difficulty varies from backgronud to background. The headless knight's could be easier for the few colors it has, and it's patters (well, at least easy with Photoshop). But the hexish seals and such aren't that easy, as they're supposed to be a predetermined symbol, which, using some of the methods, would make it look like a mess of lines rather than an hexish seal.

It's probably a custom, got from somewhere like dA, or someone just ripped it and tried to replicate it. If yo want it so much, you should ask them directly how they got it, because, as far as I'm concerned, you can't rip backgrounds from any kind of images, specially scanned images or public images.

As easy as it is. BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG or such formats don't support multilayer, and by that, there's no easy way to take their backgrounds. Photoshop and GIMP files should have multilayers, but unless it's the original and they're not in a single layer, you'll never be able to get them by that mean.

• 2 years later...

Archived