The Metagame...what do you think?

Omfg...

You're taking advice from POJO?

Pojo is an awful site full of awful players. All good players know that. The so called "pros" of YuGiOh HATE pojo as everyone on there doesn't know what they're talking about and post crap decks.

I got a bit of advice: Try other places. Pojo = BAD. duelistgroundz.com is 100000x better.

Join it or I'll divide you by 0! :o

Nah. You don't have to, but seriously, don't ever take pojo seriously and don't get advice from it.

As that's why the commonly used expression "lolpojo" is used.

[/rant][/truth][/lolpojo]

-Ash

Actually I thought that was a shot at my Wind Village deck T_T

But I do think Pojo has a bit of a point. I mean I would LOVE to see the day when no one used monarchs or OTKs (basically because I'm bitter :P ) And people started using Water decks, or Normal Monster decks, or Ojama decks, or something like that.

Either way, meta decks are so popular because they are the "Best". And no one in their right mind would make a water deck that they knew would have no chance against Monarchs

T_T

It just depends on how you use your cards, I mean another person dueling with my deck would get creamed because they don't know my best combos.

Also, I prefer dueling original decks rather than monarchs or Ancient Gears, I was practically over the moon when I faced somebody with a deck that didn't use anything done before, course it sucked but what the heck, it was fun...

That's a great out look on the game. If only all player had that same point of view. Me, I do use structure decks, but only while when I duel other structure decks. EX: I bought the Machine structure deck, so my brother rebuilt the dinosaur structure deck and we tested the against each other just to see which was better.

How is that being Vain? Just because he wants the dragon >_>

Here's a point. Meta is ALWAYS better. Anti-meta decks can do okay, but even those are meta now. Custom decks with Heroes, or Crystal Beasts or other crap can be okay, but in the end, they all suck. No matter how good the builder is.

The ONLY reported incident of a non-meta deck doing well is a Cyberdark deck that top 8'd a SJC.

Precisely. All those crappy little cards are left for little kids or people who just want to play for fun.

Good players use good cards.

Bad players use bad cards or they're dumb.

Anyone can win at ygo.

You say "or people who just want to play for fun" like it's a bad thing.

And c'mon, seriously. It's a TCG, which stands for (T)rading ©ard (G)AME, with emphasis on the last word. It's a game. Game game game. Not... not a sport, or a competition.

Ok, now I've got a little story about "crap" cards and "rogue" decks, which have "no chance" in todays' game. I was cruising the interwebs for interesting discussion on Yugioh, when lo and behold, I come across a CotD thing. I scroll around and see Cyber Dragon (It was a day when they looked at brand-new released cards). I look at it... and people were actually saying it'd be useless. "Nah," they said, "it's worse than Airknight Parshath, with an effect that's WAY too situational". Now, I'm not sure what format that was, and what decks defined it, but there's two lessons to be learned:

a) LOTS of stuff that is/was "meta" was once rogue stuff, missing one crucial ingredient. Demise OTK, for example. It needed ARA, then it dominated, until it's fall from grace.

b) What is dominating now can change with a simple change of the banlist. DDT was crippled by the limitation of MSE and Stratos, for example. Now it's be demoted to rogue again, save the odd gutsy player who still wants a crack with it.

In conclusion. Sure, if you are playing competitively, g'head, play something swiped off'f someone else, but I don't see the "fun" in that. Oh sure, there's some fun, the pride of victory, of knowing you won. But winning, or not even winning but doing well with a deck of your own design gives you a much bigger feeling of happiness, and in the end that's what we all play for.

How is that being Vain? Just because he wants the dragon >_>

Here's a point. Meta is ALWAYS better. Anti-meta decks can do okay' date=' but even those are meta now. Custom decks with Heroes, or Crystal Beasts or other crap can be okay, but in the end, they all suck. No matter how good the builder is.

The ONLY reported incident of a non-meta deck doing well is a Cyberdark deck that top 8'd a SJC.

[/quote']

Interesting. I never thought Cyber Dark cards had it in them.

You say "or people who just want to play for fun" like it's a bad thing.

And c'mon, seriously. It's a TCG, which stands for (T)rading ©ard (G)AME, with emphasis on the last word. It's a game. Game game game. Not... not a sport, or a competition.

Ok, now I've got a little story about "crap" cards and "rogue" decks, which have "no chance" in todays' game. I was cruising the interwebs for interesting discussion on Yugioh, when lo and behold, I come across a CotD thing. I scroll around and see Cyber Dragon (It was a day when they looked at brand-new released cards). I look at it... and people were actually saying it'd be useless. "Nah," they said, "it's worse than Airknight Parshath, with an effect that's WAY too situational". Now, I'm not sure what format that was, and what decks defined it, but there's two lessons to be learned:

a) LOTS of stuff that is/was "meta" was once rogue stuff, missing one crucial ingredient. Demise OTK, for example. It needed ARA, then it dominated, until it's fall from grace.

b) What is dominating now can change with a simple change of the banlist. DDT was crippled by the limitation of MSE and Stratos, for example. Now it's be demoted to rogue again, save the odd gutsy player who still wants a crack with it.

In conclusion. Sure, if you are playing competitively, g'head, play something swiped off'f someone else, but I don't see the "fun" in that. Oh sure, there's some fun, the pride of victory, of knowing you won. But winning, or not even winning but doing well with a deck of your own design gives you a much bigger feeling of happiness, and in the end that's what we all play for.

Greatly enjoyed the story and the point you were illustrating.

Archived