Indicies Card Game (Over 400 Cards and Counting!)

Jerrytkrot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3hf7kn5ofzfZ10paLsJBIeEtER_xfH0IjBbWXwOIEo/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=105266605980573891526

The rules aren't really explained well on there, so here we go...

Start out with 40 health. You win the game by reducing the opponent's life points to 0. 

You summon minions and play spells using Energy. You start out with 1 Energy and 1 Maximum Energy on turn 1. Your Maximum Energy increases at the start of each turn, as long as you did not spend mana on a minion the previous turn (Spells do not count). After this, your Energy is restored to your Maximum Energy. Your Maximum Energy cannot exceed 15. The board is laid out with 7 columns in which to play minions, like so:

[] [] [] [] [] [] [] 

-   -  -   -  -  -   -

[] [] [] [] [] [] [] 

Each minion has 3 stats: Attack, Health, and Speed. (IN THAT ORDER)

Each turn has 4 phases. 

DRAW PHASE:

This is when anything that happens at the start of your turn happens. You also draw 1 card.

MAIN PHASE:

You may take any of the following actions during the main phase:

Play Spells.

Summon up to 2 minions. (Minions are summoned into any empty space on your side of the field.

You may move a minion to the spot adjacent to it in place of a summon.

Rift Summon: See- Rift Keyword

High Five your opponent.

BATTLE PHASE:

During the Battle Phase, all minions you control with 1 or more attack must attack, and any minions the opponent controls that are being attacked defend. The attacking/defending order is decided by speed. Minions deal damage to the minion opposite them's health equal to their attack, or, if there is no minion opposite them, instead attack directly and deal damage to the opponent's health equal to their attack. If a minion's health reaches 0, it is destroyed immediately. (Excess damage is not dealt to the controller.)

END PHASE:

End your turn.

During your opponents turn, you may not play any cards, unless they say PANIC on them. 

DECK BUILDING:
Decks must contain 40-60 cards. Your deck cannot contain more than 3 cards with the same name, and cannot contain more than 1 copy of any legendary card. Unless in the Extended format, your deck cannot contain cards from more than one Class.

RIFT SUMMONING:

Send 2 minions you control with 1 space between them whos costs exactly add up to the cost of a minion in your Void to the void. Summon that minion between them.

Some of my Personal Favorite Cards:

Clingy Pupper- Neutral/Fera (Minion) 2 Energy 1 ATK/ 1 HP / 1 SPE When this minion is sent from the field to the void, you can pay 2 Energy to summon it. (This Card leads to some of the stupidest Void Summoning Combos imaginable. Run this stupid thing at 3 in any Rift-Centered Deck.)

Pyronus, King of Eruptions- Neutral/Nativus/Undying (Minion) 8 Energy 7 ATK/ 5 HP / 3 SPE Once per turn, you can sacrifice one minion to put a +1/+1/+1 counter on this minion. (This thing starts out small for it's cost, but with a sacrifice focused deck, it can lead to stupid swings in game momentum and turn massive very quickly.)

Speed seems like a pointless statistic. If the game forces the player to attack in a certain order, then where is the strategy? Also the whole thing is basically Hearthstone with some annoying mechanics (Battle phase literally plays itself).

I’m confused, is this supposed to be a new trading card game or is it supposed to be a Hearthstone format/knockoff

First of all, I don't understand how the idea that the minions attacking in a certain order would remove strategy from the game. In Yugioh, for example, the monsters can attack in any order, but to say that that is the core of the strategy is vastly misleading. Much like Yugioh, the main strategy comes from the decisions you make on any given turn and the deck you build.Secondly, the fact that monsters attack in a certain order can lead to different strategies that are completely impossible in any other card game. This game is entirely new, and while it is passingly similar to Hearthstone, it really is a completely different game. (And honestly, if anything, it plays most similarly to the Sky Landers card game, which isn't even worth discussing.) If you would like to see what I mean, I invite you to play a game with me sometime.

First of all, I don't understand how the idea that the minions attacking in a certain order would remove strategy from the game. In Yugioh, for example, the monsters can attack in any order, but to say that that is the core of the strategy is vastly misleading. Much like Yugioh, the main strategy comes from the decisions you make on any given turn and the deck you build.Secondly, the fact that monsters attack in a certain order can lead to different strategies that are completely impossible in any other card game. This game is entirely new, and while it is passingly similar to Hearthstone, it really is a completely different game. (And honestly, if anything, it plays most similarly to the Sky Landers card game, which isn't even worth discussing.) If you would like to see what I mean, I invite you to play a game with me sometime.

Ok, then. It might be different from Hearthstone, but I think it looks a lot like Hearthstone. It would be cool if the attack/defense values were higher but you do what you think is best.

Is this your card game anyway?

Archived