5-Crawl
6-Ready or Not
7-The Curse of La Llorona
8-Brightburn
9-Annabelle 3 -Annabelle Comes Home
10-47Meters Down: Uncaged
11-Three From Hell
12-Zombieland: Double Tap

For reviews of best horror movies 2019 you can visit Plaza Magazine (plaza.ir/mag)

What do you think is the best horror movie?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply.

Quick question though: Gonna have to ask why you think Happy death Day deserves the number one spot, though

Okay, onto the guts of the convo. Most horror films are really lacking imo, especially in the era of Blumhouse productions. It seems they will greenlight any idea you bring to them, no matter how bad. I will, however, list off my top 5 and why. (Spoiler free)

1. Three From Hell

Rob Zombie strikes again. The film is so beautiful and felt like a blend of the first and second. If anyone knows how to keep the ball Rollin on a franchise, its him. If you have not seen the film, I highly recommend you do. It is the best end to a trilogy you could ask for. Rest in peace, Sid Haig. You will be missed ❤️

2. The Banana Splits Movie

Technically not a full on horror flick but it hit its target better than any other film this year. The silliness of the concept and execution was beautiful, I can only hope that they don't treat this like Sharknado. The first time you hear a joke, its funny. By the 3rd time though, its an eye roller. Would not mind a sequel, and it was a brilliant way for WB to use the otherwise dead property.

3. IT: Chapter 2

Not as good as the first one, then again I didn't expect it to be. There were several scenes that were more silly than scary or even disturbing. It was not nearly as suspenseful and seemed to lag on forever. Was not impressed but definitely one of the best this year.

4. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

This movie might not be as intense or brutal as I may have wanted, but looking back, it didn't need to be. I mean, it is based on a book you read in middle school. It has pretty great monster designs that look like they are straight form the book and I think it works amazing for an entry-level film into the genre. Specifically great for kids interested in the genre, which we lack quite a few films for. Excellent film over all.

5. Us

Part of me thinks this deserves to be higher on the list, because it is a really solid film. There are a few things that rub me the wrong way with this film, specifically the twist towards the end. It feels really left field and a lot of the film is kind of tainted by it. If the ending wasn't the way it was, would have scored the number 3 spot for me.

• 2 years later...

Archived