What is happening to the U.S.?

America is becoming Bustopia. Thank god this is his last term. He and the government have done enough damage. He SUCKS. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone thought he was the worst President of the U.S. ever.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Everyone does think he's the worst president ever. His approval rating is under 30%. I'm proud to say I'm one of the 70+% people who think he sucks.

Everyone does think he's the worst president ever. His approval rating is under 30%. I'm proud to say I'm one of the 70+% people who think he sucks.

As am I. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. He's made America much much worse. >_>

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Actually, it's not so much Bush I hate as Cheney. Cheney was the one who galvanized Congress into starting the Iraq War. Bush is incompetent, so he lets Cheney take over, and Cheney screws up.

Actually' date=' it's not so much Bush I hate as Cheney. Cheney was the one who galvanized Congress into starting the Iraq War. Bush is incompetent, so he lets Cheney take over, and Cheney screws up.

[/quote']

Cheney sucks. Bush sucks just as much for letting Cheney do this.

It's at times like these that i feel glad to be british!

I hate you Dj... (JK)

But still, I am displeased that YOU GET TO BE HAPPY over in the UK... Unlike me, who is trapped here as prisoner in the U.S..... Blah...

I want to move to the U.K...

Anyway, the U.S. is becoming a crud fest since the pathetic president that was elected 2 TIMES! (what was the U.S. Thinking?!?!)

He started us in a pointless war in which put us in debt to ever other country in the world and has made us lose over 4000 U.S. soldiers. It has also put stress in the middle east in which made the price of oil and gas and whatnot extremely high which made everthing else expensive due to the price of gas to ship it....

It comes down to bush.... I hate bush... He screwed up the country....

Ok, I live in america, and am 1 of the people that say I am not proud to be a american, lol

You see, the US dollar is now worth less than the canadian dollor, and thats sad. Not to mention the fact that we have bush as a president.

I find it amazing that the democrats could not find sombody better than john kerry to face bush before, I mean, when you went to vote, you had to crap people to vote for, 1, a country idiot, the other a zombie, xD

I am lucky i'm not a born american, i'm half brit, and half irish, so, xD

I do think that if the usa doesn't do somthing soon, it will be gone soon.

DJ, since you're a Brit I'd like to take a momment squeeze some info out of you. If nothing else it might bring some outside persoective to this conversation.

1. Has the price of Petrol gone up alot in the past few years. If so, from how much to how much?

2. Is the price of food going up alot in the UK?

3. What is the overall opinion, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, of President Bush?

4. How bad was the actual backlash, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, against Blair when he sided with Bush about the war?

5. What is the actual opinion, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, of the US?

6. How annoying is it when someone says "Football" and they mean "American Football?" 7. How annoying is hearing the word "Soccer?"

8. My mates in the Uk tell me that, over the past few years, it's actually gotten sunny and fairly hot...and that they hate it. What's your opinion?

9. In the US, there is no source for unbiased news on television. Considering that the BBC pretty much is the UK news on television, how much do you trust them? Do they have a problem with political spin? Coverups? Just reporting lies?

10. It's not uncommon for the youth of the US to shoot off the phrase,"I'm moving to Canada?" Does a similiar sense of disgust for country exist in the youth of the UK? If so, where do they with to escape to instead of being where they live?

Ok, there's 10 questions to start the ball rolling. BTW, if any other "Non-Yanks" out there wish to answer these questions to provide a better understanding of your particular country then please feel free to do or offer your own insights that I might not have covered. ;)

DJ' date=' since you're a Brit I'd like to take a momment squeeze some info out of you. If nothing else it might bring some outside persoective to this conversation.

1. Has the price of Petrol gone up alot in the past few years. If so, from how much to how much?

2. Is the price of food going up alot in the UK?

3. What is the overall opinion, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, of President Bush?

4. How bad was the actual backlash, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, against Blair when he sided with Bush about the war?

5. What is the actual opinion, again from the perspective of the average joe on the street, of the US?

6. How annoying is it when someone says "Football" and they mean "American Football?"

7. How annoying is hearing the word "Soccer?"

8. My mates in the Uk tell me that, over the past few years, it's actually gotten sunny and fairly hot...and that they hate it. What's your opinion?

9. In the US, there is no source for unbiased news on television. Considering that the BBC pretty much is the UK news on television, how much do you trust them? Do they have a problem with political spin? Coverups? Just reporting lies?

10. It's not uncommon for the youth of the US to shoot off the phrase,"I'm moving to Canada?" Does a similiar sense of disgust for country exist in the youth of the UK? If so, where do they with to escape to instead of being where they live?

Ok, there's 10 questions to start the ball rolling. BTW, if any other "Non-Yanks" out there wish to answer these questions to provide a better understanding of your particular country then please feel free to do or offer your own insights that I might not have covered. ;)

[/quote']

1. I havent learned to drive yet so im not Uber sure but i would say yes, but how much is a mystery.

2. Yes, but its going up everywhere though.

3. British people in all honesty dont like to associate themselves with america, thus they hate Him, he is utterly usless, and some of his speeches go down in history as utter nonsense.

4. There were Protests if i recall, about the going to war thing, therefore people were angry at Tony.

5. We are not really fond of them, they are the opposites to us. Many say that americans are too caring about each other, whereas the british dont give a stuff.

6 + 7. Even though i hate football, it doesnt half bug me hearing 'Soccer' or the phrase 'do you mean american football', Football = sport where you kick a ball, Soccer = lame american name for it as they stupidly decided to call there main sport football, do you actually use your feet in american football, as in contact with the ball?

8. Well they talk rubbish, We havent even had Spring Yet, we usually get it in March, its now May and No Sunshine / heat.

9. Cant really say, i dislike the news, its either someones dead, someone nearly died or someone stabbed someone else.

10. Alot of people actually wish to go to 'America', as they have cheaper house prices apparently.

well, i think america( i live in michigan, usa)

is suckish and would much rather live somewhere else in the mountains with monks(seriously) because i wouldnt need money and there would be no poverty or any stupid insensitive jerk faces.

america will probably fail unless its fixed although i dont know what would need to be done.

I hate living in Maryland here in the states... It is both boring and we have large problems with the economy here. I hate the states...

Dj, Can I live with you in the U.K? (JK) ... Or am I...?

@Dj -

Yes. In football, your foot occasionally comes into contact with the ball. Not all the time though.

SOCCER, SOCCER, SOCCER, SOCCER. I LOVE SOCCER!

Football is AMERICAN football, not soccer.

Also, out of curiosity, how many people speak french in the U.K? I hear that there is alot of French speaking people in the U.K. is that true?

I hate living in Maryland here in the states... It is both boring and we have large problems with the economy here. I hate the states...

Dj' date=' Can I live with you in the U.K? (JK) ... Or am I...?

@Dj -

Yes. In football, your foot occasionally comes into contact with the ball. Not all the time though.

SOCCER, SOCCER, SOCCER, SOCCER. I LOVE SOCCER!

Football is AMERICAN football, not soccer.

[b']Also, out of curiosity, how many people speak french in the U.K? I hear that there is alot of French speaking people in the U.K. is that true?[/b]

As a second language i would say Yes.

Every school teaches children either German, spanish or mainly french, sometimes italian, and alot of people take that on to further education. Second languages are increasing in the UK.

Guest King of Games

Haha, im one of the only ones who actually gets to live in Canada:D. You would think we'd have more biligual people,or people learning french, (like me), seeing as one of our provinces (states to you) is completely french. Im actully one of 20 in my grade in one of the only schools that offers french around the area.

But im close to the Great Lakes and i suppose border, so i get a bit of the American influence. All i can say is that Bush's speeches put me to sleep. Canada is so much better.

A cousin of my friend had a twin brother and they both went to Belgium, i believe, somewhere 'round in Europe neways. One had a canaddian flag on his pack and he got pats on the back and a welcome reception from the locals. the other had an american flag, and if this isnt an exaggeration, he got spit on. i guess that shows the global opinion of America.

I liike americans more or less. But bush has got to go.

As a Canadian, and PROUD of it, I have to say that your economy has been screwed from the start.

Here is Lord Davok's Tip Over The Iceberg Meter:

1. Some guy suggests that your economy should be entirely based on making people unhappy with what we have and to buy new stuff.

2. Sure, the economy on clothes and stuff shot up, and now your government is depending more and more on the `money-makers'. The businessmen order the government boot-lickers to dig up the oil fields and mine toxins and chemicals to make stuff that people will throw into the trash on sight.

3. The factories start polluting all their toxins and chemicals all over the U.S. So what do they do? Trash up another country and wipe the people their off the face of the planet. They then commence to junking the other parts of the world up.

4. Your economy starts quarreling over this place called Iraq about junking the place up with oil fields. This guy named Cheeney then starts the Iraqi War over these random fanatics.

5. 9/11. When the World Trade Center was bombed, it was the tip of the iceberg. War erupted more violently. Consumerism started booming. Pressure. Pressure. More pressure to buy stuff you don't need! Some people can't stand the pressure and either become mass murderers, serial killers, kill themselves or become `emo'. Gas prices shot up like a nuclear missile.

Sooner or later all the pressure will build up and suddenly explode. The Titanic that is America will hit the iceberg and sink. Your country is at pressure point right now. I suggest you guys do something about it, stop wasting your time doing the blame game, and DO something. Just one turn of the steering wheel to redirect the ship can make a difference.

That has been my rant of the day!

Guest King of Games

Here's one thing that ive been wondering,

How did a movie star become governer? wasit just because people likeTerminator?

How good actually is Arnold Schwatsanigger(i know i spelled it wrong) at his poolitical position?

Archived