Armageddon Rangers from the Archetype Game.

TeddySlasher

Armageddon Rangers

The rangers that fight like there's no tomorrow..

..because for them there really is no tomorrow. These guys self destruct during your next turn after they were summoned. Luckily however their boss benefits from just how many monsters are in the graveyard at the time of it's summon. A huge downside is the lack of field presence since ya'know? Your monsters literally get sent to the graveyard not long after they get summoned. Their spell support help them search for their boss quickly and destroy the Armageddon Rangers to activate a variety of effects. Since their boss monster is the main focus of this Archetype if it isn't brought out it's really just a hard deck to play with.

Monsters

Armageddon Ranger Eni

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned you can draw 1 card and activate this effect: If you draw a Monster card:send it to the Graveyard. If you draw a Spell/Trap card:Add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Armageddon Ranger Eni" once per turn.

ATK:1000/DEF:400

Armageddon Ranger Con

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned,you can special summon 1 "Armageddon Ranger" except "Armageddon Leader Pacol" from your hand.

ATK:1600/DEF:1200

Armageddon Ranger Slat

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned you can discard 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field: Destroy it.

ATK:1700/DEF:1200

Armageddon Ranger Heta

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase.When this card is Normal or Special summoned, you can target 1 card on the field: Destroy it.

ATK:1900/DEF:1300

Armageddon Leader Pacol

Dark/Warrior/Effect

This card is always treated as an "Armageddon Ranger" monster.When this card is summoned,it gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount of "Armageddon Ranger" monsters in the GY x 400.If this card would be destroyed you can banish 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster from your GY instead.

ATK:2400/DEF:2000

Spells

Steeds of Armageddon

Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster in your GY: Special Summon it.

Start of End Times

Normal Spell

You can discard all "Armageddon Ranger" monsters from your hand (min.1) or destroy all "Armageddon Ranger" monsters on the field(min.1): Special Summon 1 "Armageddon Leader Pacol" from your hand or deck.

Impending Dread

Quick-Play Spell

Destroy 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster on the field: Target 1 monster your Opponent controls: It is unable to attack or activate its effects.

I like this concept. trigger effect of any kind have always been a favorite of mine. (Heck, you can look at any of the archetypes I've made and see that for yourself) The fact that every single member has one makes me so happy. A problem I noticed is how easily this dies to any form of effect negation. Now this is a perfectly fine weakness that a lot of deck have, but it affects your deck especially hard. Pacol and Heta are the only ones that have any sort of ATK at all, and are still pretty weak without their effects. (Although, lets be real, this is a minor issue, as there aren't very many decks that run cards like skill drain or anything of the sort.) Another minor issue with this deck is the amount of cards it has. If you are going for an Archetype-locked boss, then you either need to increase the ATK and DEF boost your boss gets, or you need to have more members. (Again, this is not a big deal, and it can be easily remedied by increasing the amount of ATK and DEF your boss gains) Now lets dissect individual cards, shall we?

Armageddon Ranger Eni

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned you can draw 1 card and activate this effect: If you draw a Monster card:send it to the Graveyard. If you draw a Spell/Trap card:Add it to your hand.

ATK:1000/DEF:400

'(First off, let it be know that I don not hate these cards, this is actually one the more brilliant decks I've seen in some time. I really like the Idea, I just don't like how it was executed. This monster in particular is a bit of a nuisance. How many other Level 4 or lower monsters, that can be normal summoned without a tribute, do you know of that let draw a card free card upon summon? Heck, just how many monsters do you know of that can do this FOR FREE upon summon? I get the fact that you have to send it to the GY if its a monster, but in this deck, that's an advantage. In almost any other deck i'd say this thing is balanced, but in a deck whose primary goal is self-destruction? wow, you made the situational draw scenario work to your advantage. My complaints aside, it seems the deck really falls apart without this thing, so keep it as it is, except maybe adding a hard OPT effect on it. )

Armageddon Ranger Con

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned,you can special summon 1 "Armageddon Ranger" from your hand.

ATK:1600/DEF:1200

(OK, this guy is a bit easier. All decks that have  a goal similar to this ones have a card with similar card effects. As such there really isn't anything wrong with it. This was already essentially a Marauding Captain and I approve of it. However, you need to change it slightly, don't let it special summon ANY "Armageddon Ranger" That means your boss monster could be special summoned right off the bat, just from normal summoning this guy. )

Armageddon Ranger Slat

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase. When this card is Normal or Special summoned you can discard 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster and have this card gain ATK equal to that monsters ATK.

ATK:1000/DEF:1200

(I'm going to be honest, with you, this was the card that made the least impact on me. It does have a good effect for dumping cards into the GY, (which is good for this deck) but it can't really reap the benefits of its own effect. It stays on the field for one turn, and the highest ATK this card could get using its effect is 3400. Don't get me wrong this is pretty high, but not undefeatable, and for only one turn. )

Armageddon Ranger Heta

Dark/Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned,it must be sent to the GY at your next Standby Phase.When this card is Normal or Special summoned, you can target 1 card on the field: Destroy it.

(This is definitely my favorite of the bunch. It's trigger effect is just strong enough to be annoying, but not strong enough to be nerfed. It also has 1900 ATK, an impressive amount for a Level 4 monster, and particularly strong for a monster with a destruction effect. )

Armageddon Leader Pacol

Dark/Warrior/Effect

When this card is summoned,it gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount of "Armageddon Ranger" monsters in the GY x 100.If this card would be destroyed you can banish 1 "Armageddon Ranger" monster from your GY instead.

ATK:2400/DEF:2000

(When I read "Boss Monster" I wasn't expecting this. It isn't a bad card by any means, it has solid protection, and works well with its archetype. It's just a bit underwhelming. There could be at max 14 other "Armageddon Rangers" in your GY and while 3800 ATK isn't a joke, it can still be beaten. Chaos MAX, Ten Thousand Dragon, and a host of other monsters who have effects similar to this card but better, still exist. I mean, come on, in a deck built around it, Gren Maju can get higher ATK, with ease. You should definitely increase the ATK/DEF boost, or make more of these monsters.)

The spells are all ok, except Impending dread, holy crap, that really needs to be nerfed, its so broken as it is. Particularly if you used "Start of End times" prior to activating it. 

Archived