Arcadius (Written) [10/?]

fearjunkie

PLAYER ONE, START!

Arcadius is an archetype I made up for a fanfic I'm planning out. The archetype is inspired by classic Konami games like Contra and Castlevania, and their gameplay gimmick is that they're LV monsters. What makes Arcadius monsters different from other LV monsters is that their higher level forms all share a common effect: when the higher level forms get destroyed by battle or card effect, they 'respawn' by Special Summoning the previous form from the GY. This means you can quickly get back to full power so long as the base form doesn't get destroyed too, getting a 'game over'.

I've got a few of the monsters ready, but I feel like this could use some help coming up with other monsters and support cards. Also, I'm trying my best to follow Problem Solving Card Text, but the text seems to look pretty cluttered when I put it into Magic Set Editor and I'm hoping someone can help me trim the fat from the effect text.

With that long-winded introduction out of the way, let's start the game...

Arcadius Bomber LV3

Level 3 FIRE

Pyro/Effect

ATK 1000 DEF 800

If this card is Special Summoned: target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that monster. During your End Phase: You can send this card to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Bomber LV5" from your hand or Deck. You can only activate each effect of "Arcadius Bomber LV3" once per turn.

Arcadius Bomber LV5

Level 5 FIRE

Pyro/Effect

ATK 1900 DEF 1600

If this card is Special Summoned: target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that card. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Bomber LV3" from your GY. During your End Phase: You can send this card to your GY; Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Bomber LV7" from your hand or Deck. You can only activate each effect of "Arcadius Bomber LV5" once per turn.

Arcadius Bomber LV7

Level 7 FIRE

Pyro/Effect

ATK 2400 DEF 2000

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of an 'Arcadius' card: destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of 'Arcadius' monsters you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Bomber LV5".   You can only activate each effect of "Arcadius Bomber LV7" once per turn.

Based on Bomberman, Arcadius Bomber is all about blowing stuff up when he hits the field.

Arcadius Commando LV3

Level 3 EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK 1300 DEF 1200

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you Special Summon an "LV" monster by the effect of another "LV" monster (except "Arcadius Commando LV3"), you can send this card to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Commando LV5" from your hand or Deck. You can only activate each effect of "Arcadius Commando LV3" once per turn.

Arcadius Commando LV5

Level 5 EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK 2000 DEF 1500

Once per turn, you can discard a card: destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Commando LV3" from your GY.  If you Special Summon an "LV" monster by the effect of another "LV" monster (except "Arcadius Commando LV5"), you can send this card to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Commando LV7" from your hand or Deck. You can only use each effect of "Arcadius Commando LV5" once per turn.

Arcadius Commando LV7

Level 7 EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK 2500 DEF 2000

If your opponent Special Summons a monster (Quick Effect):; you can discard a card, and if you do:  destroy the Summoned monster. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Commando LV5" from your GY.    You can only activate the second effect of "Arcadius Commando LV7" once per turn.

Arcadius Commando is based on the Contra series, and their Special Summoning abilities are inspired by co-op play, with Commando levelling up alongside other Arcadius monsters. Commando LV7 is the 'ace monster' of the archetype, and can absolutely chew through an opponent's attempts to build a board, providing you have enough discard fodder (ammo) to do so.

Arcadius Slayer LV4

Level 4 LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

ATK 1600 DEF 1600

Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from their GY. During your End |Phase: You can send this card to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Slayer LV6" from your hand or Deck.

Arcadius Slayer LV6

Level 6 LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

ATK 2300 DEF 1900

Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from their GY. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Slayer LV4" from your GY.  During your End Phase: You can send this card to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Slayer LV8" from your hand or Deck.

Arcadius Slayer LV8

Level 8 LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

ATK 2900 DEF 2400

Your opponent cannot activate effects targeting cards in either player's GY or activate the effects of cards in their GY. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects: you can Special Summon 1 "Arcadius Slayer LV6" from your GY. 

Based on Castlevania, Slayer's various forms lock the opponent out of GY manipulation, with its ultimate form completely shutting down any GY interaction for your opponent. 

Extra Life

Spell Card (Quick Play)

If an 'Arcadius' monster you control would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect: shuffle 1 card from your hand back into your Deck; that monster is not destroyed and you gain 1000 LP. You can only activate 1 "Extra Life" per turn.

So, that's all I've got so far. I'm thinking of making another line of LV monsters based on Gradius, but I'm not 100% clear on what effect I want to give it. There's also some generic LV support cards I came up with, but I feel that's best suited for another thread. 

Archived