Interdimensional Thief.

Is this card healthy for the game ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this a good card for the game and is it fun .

• Good for the game
    • Neutral for the game
    • Bad for the game

Interdimensional Thief ( Secret Rare) 

Level 3

Attribute.  Dark

Type. Psychic 

ATK.  1500

DEF.  1500

Effect . This card is considered to be a Cyberse also  . This card cannot be normal summoned . When this card is special summoned you can banish this card and all cards on your side of the field.  When this card is banished by its own effect you can add 2 cards from your opponents side deck or your side deck to your hand . This cards effect can only be used once per duel . You can't draw for 2 turns or add cards to your hand for 2 turns after this cards effect is activated .

I hope the wording is ok .

Please read to the end .

I was wondering if this card is too strong and I was thinking if both players could take 2 cards from each other's side decks . Just throwing a idea out there . 

37 minutes ago, Thanatos The Lord Of Chaos said:

I hope the wording is ok .

Allow me to help you with the card grammar 🙂 

This card's type is also always treated as Cyberse. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish all cards you control; add 2 cards from your opponent's Side Deck or your Side Deck to your hand, and if you do, skip your next 2 Draw Phases, also for your next two turns, you cannot add cards to your hand by your own card effects. You can only use this effect of "Interdimensional Thief" once per Duel.

This should work, more or less. It removes the redundance of needing to say "if banished by its own effect" and makes it clearer how long will the lingering effect remains. I have a concern, though. SInce Draw isn't equal to add cards to hand, then by this wording you cannot draw cards during your next two turns, but you could draw cards by effect, such as the Greed series, but you can't still activate effects that add cards to the hand, like Reinforcements of the Army, etc.

About the effect in itself, well, I'm kinda lost for words. I love how original it is, but pretty unorthodox, isn't it? Also, not every opponent carries a SIde Deck, but that's just an issue you can overcome by using your own. That also means you'd be able to LOOK at the opponent's Side Deck to choose your cards, which seems pretty good. All in all, I'm not sure of this card could be used in the meta, due to how strange the effect is, even if I like it. The limitations it gives for activating the effect look ok, and if you manage to summon the Thief when no other cards are on your field, you're on.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Allow me to help you with the card grammar

Technically its still can be further simplified:

This card's type is also always treated as Cyberse. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish all cards you control; add 2 cards from either Player's Side Deck to your hand, and if you do, You cannot add cards to your hand until the End Phase of your next 2nd turn. You can only use this effect of "Interdimensional Thief" once per Duel.

This is the 3rd time you made cards that by rule that dictate the effect resolution you can legaly peek opponent stuff. AGAIN, those kind of effect is deceptively overpowered even its "legal" thats why such effect is very rare in the game

You really need to think through when designing cards especially when you post it in Advance in which we expect realism and fair amount power therefore its not really Advance worthy being experimental (side deck effect) 

heck im not really sure losing field is a hard enough cost for double benefit of peeking and stealing Opponent side deck. Side deck is either consist of counters and extra engines, taking not just 1 but 2 of the former is quite a deal. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Technically its still can be further simplified:

This card's type is also always treated as Cyberse. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish all cards you control; add 2 cards from either Player's Side Deck to your hand, and if you do, You cannot add cards to your hand until the End Phase of your next 2nd turn. You can only use this effect of "Interdimensional Thief" once per Duel.

Oh yeah, you got me with the "either player's Side Deck" good spot. But I think Thanatos meant to prevent the player from drawing, hence the skipping Draw Phases part is needed. Anyway, this all depends on what was Thanatos' intention, since I'm not certain he meant what the original text says ^_^'

Archived