Light of Intervention vs. FLIP

Let's say I activate Light of Intervention, so flip summoned are treaten as Normal summon.

Then the opponent flips a monster face-up with a FLIP effect.

Is this FLIP effect activated?

Since the monsters are normal summoned, I think it has no effect.

But people also say the FLIP effects are activated because there simple flipped face-up, regardless of the Summon.

Help? :(

I also readed on the offical site that both players are allowed to summon Monsters in face-up defense position when Light of Intervention is face-up on the field. WTF?

Ok, so your saying they have face-down card, and then at some point they flip it right? Well seeing as it was already facedown and not set, it is flip summoned normally. Heres a ruling I hope helps "The effect of this card applies to both players, and does not affect monsters that are already on the field face-down. These monsters remain face-down until flipped face-up as normal."

Edit: Just as the card says you can summon in face up defense because as opposed to setting they are simply played face up, no flip effects being activated.

Light of Intervention

Trap Card - Continuous Continuous

Monster Cards cannot be Set face-down. Monsters Set in Defense Position are Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position.

Basically all monster cards from now on have to be face up, so no flip effects unless the monster is already face down when the trap is played.

Ok' date=' so your saying they have face-down card, and then at some point they flip it right? Well seeing as it was already facedown and not set, it is flip summoned normally. Heres a ruling I hope helps [b']"The effect of this card applies to both players, and does not affect monsters that are already on the field face-down. These monsters remain face-down until flipped face-up as normal."[/b]

Edit: Just as the card says you can summon in face up defense because as opposed to setting they are simply played face up, no flip effects being activated.

YESSSSSSS!!! :D:D:D

Archived