Goblin Slayer

Andronikos

Well, this lad definitely hates Beast and Beast-Warrior mobs xD. Anywho, let me try and help you with the card grammar for starters:

If your opponent controls a Beast or Beast-Warrior monster or has a monster in the GY with those types, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Gains 500 ATK for each Beast or Beast-Warrior monster your opponent controls and/or are in their GY. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by the effects of Beast or Beast-Warrior monsters. If this card battles a Beast or Beast-Warrior monster, card effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Beast or Beast-Warrior Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.

Yeah, little by little, dat Konami is taking out redundant terms and stuff, such as using -type, or saying "on their side of the field" since "your opponent controls" already implies that, etc. Anyway, this card seems mostly like Side Deck material, with one exception. I based my re-write off the base idea of your card, but I wonder if you meant for this card's ATK to be increased by only the Beasts in your opponent's GY (as it is, both GYs count). That alone make this card extremely potent mid-late game due to the humongous ATK increase, were you to run it in your own Beast/Beast Warrior Deck. I believe it makes a bit more sense if only the opponent's field and GY counts, in which case the card becomes 100% dependent on the opponent's Deck and hence why I mentioned the Side Deck earlier. If you keep the ATK increase effect as it is, then I believe you need to decrease the boost quite a bit for the card to become more balanced.

Also, will you be making cards with the Archer, Priestess and the other girls? 'Cause I wanna see that ^_^.

p.d. You're new to the site, huh? Welcome and enjoy your stay 🙂 

EDIT: updated the card grammar according to your reply.

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Well, this lad definitely hates Beast and Beast-Warrior mobs xD. Anywho, let me try and help you with the card grammar for starters:

Yeah, little by little, dat Konami is taking out redundant terms and stuff, such as using -type, or saying "on their side of the field" since "your opponent controls" already implies that, etc. Anyway, this card seems mostly like Side Deck material, with one exception. I based my re-write off the base idea of your card, but I wonder if you meant for this card's ATK to be increased by only the Beasts in your opponent's GY (as it is, both GYs count). That alone make this card extremely potent mid-late game due to the humongous ATK increase, were you to run it in your own Beast/Beast Warrior Deck. I believe it makes a bit more sense if only the opponent's field and GY counts, in which case the card becomes 100% dependent on the opponent's Deck and hence why I mentioned the Side Deck earlier. If you keep the ATK increase effect as it is, then I believe you need to decrease the boost quite a bit for the card to become more balanced.

Also, will you be making cards with the Archer, Priestess and the other girls? 'Cause I wanna see that ^_^.

p.d. You're new to the site, huh? Welcome and enjoy your stay 🙂 

Thank you! And yes I kinda messed up, it should have been only the opponents field and GY, oopsie

10 hours ago, Andronikos said:

Thank you! And yes I kinda messed up, it should have been only the opponents field and GY, oopsie

It's ok, I'll update the card grammar up there according to this, then. I myself have still quite a bit to learn, and also card grammar is updated once in a while, so it's natural to miss certain stuff.

10 hours ago, Andronikos said:

And pardon my outdated Konami grammer x) I'm kinda a returning player, leaving the game sometime in 2016 and came back earlier this year, and I'll see what effects I can come up with for those girls in GS's party hahah

You'd better do! xD

Archived