i made this card inspired by the lack of turn one interruption in darklords and personally I think its their fatal flaw that keeps them out of toptier by giving him the eff to interact with the opponent i hope to solve it but i felt the base eff on most darklords was a bit strong so i added 1k to the effect to balance its versatility i also added to him the ability to foolish like ukobo but from the graveyard by shuffling himself into the deck idk if its necessary but i wanted to try it out

the art is from full credit i hope to the artist: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/446911963024927245/?nic_v2=1a5ntAuenYu-Gi-Oh Card

First of all, it's very nice of you to mention the artist.

Let me try to help you with the card grammar (in that regard, try in subsequent card posts to write the full effect below the card. This one is visible, but it's much better for the reviewer to work that way):

Darklord Melkor

If this card is in your GY: You can shuffle this card into the Deck, and if you do, send 1 "Darklord card from your ???? to the GY. (Quick Effect): You can discard this card, 1 other "Darklord" card and pay 1000 LP, then target 1 "Darklord" Spell/Trap in your GY; apply that target's effect, then shuffle that target into the Deck. You can only use each effect of "Darklord Melkor" once per turn. You can only Special Summon "Darklord Melkor(s)" once per turn.

Some stuff to mention: In the first effect, you didn't specify from where you send the Darklord card to the GY, hence the ????. In the second effect, all three things are costs, so you got to keep them together before the semi-colon. Talking about that, I feel the cost (in the card) is really high. You mentioned in the introduction the 1k cost, and since I feel that to be fairer, used that cost. Darklord Ixchel is pretty much a "smaller version" of this card (but sexier), and her effect costs precisely 1000 LP, so we can use that as reference.

Overall, I think this is a nice effort, good art and relatively solid effect.

p.d. I don't think this is the case, but perhaps the "Melkor" name is a reference to The Silmarillion?

Anyway, I see you're new to the site, so welcome to YCM!

Archived