bhim's Guide to Diamond Dude Turbo Return!

bhim’s Guide to Diamond Dude Turbo Return

bhim’s Guide to Diamond Dude Turbo Return

I: Introduction

Well, here’s my second guide, and it’s a guide to the Diamond Dude Turbo Return deck. If you want to build one of these tier 1 decks but haven’t an idea where to start, then this guide is for you! This guide will point out exactly what this archetype attempts to do.

II: Summary/Strategy

The basic strategy of this deck is to abuse Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude’s effect in order to activate normal spells without costs, as this is what Diamond Dude’s effect allows for. Isn’t it great? The object of this deck is to use as few trap cards as possible all the while loading up on normal spells and using only the monsters required. This way, you abuse as much as possible!

III: Card Info

These are the cards that are generally used in a Diamond Dude deck. Since there are so many normal spell cards, I’ll only post the ones that truly are useful for this deck.

A: Monsters

destinyherodiamonddudeeg0.pngDestinyHero-FearMongerPOTD-EN-C.jpg

Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude: Obviously you need this card; they named the deck after him! With his amazing effect, you don’t have to pay costs for the normal spell cards that you activate! So use and abuse baby!

Destiny Hero – Fear Monger: If, for some reason, your Diamond Dude hits the hay, use Fear Monger to revive him. This one is basically one of those all around dudes, and he can really help you sprint to victory when you’re down.

ElementalHeroStratosJUMP-EN-UR.jpgDestinyHero-DasherPOTD-EN-R.jpg

Elemental Hero Stratos: Both effects are extremely useful. Firstly, if you already have your Diamond Dude out on the field, along with his friends, you can use effect one to nail your opponent’s spell/trap zones. And if you don’t have Diamond Dude, use the second effect to search him out, and use him next turn. Also, with 1800 ATK, this guy is just the hard hitter you need to keep Diamond Dude alive.

Destiny Hero – Dasher: 3100 ATK will keep away DDude murderers, which is what you want. Then, when he goes to Defense Position, he’ll be target number one of your opponent’s attacks, so your Diamond Dude might just survive until the next turn. Then, with the second part of his effect, if you draw Diamond Dude, he’s out, or, even better, if you draw Stratos, special summon him, and then use his effect to swarm Diamond Dude onto the field. Maybe you’d like to revive [a form of] him? The possibilities are endless!

DestinyHero-MaliciousDP05-EN-UR.jpgCardTrooperDP03-EN-UR.jpg

Destiny Hero – Malicious: Kill him with Card Trooper’s effect, and then Special Summon a new copy of him to the field! Then, sacrifice it for one of your hard hitters, and you’re in the clear!

Card Trooper: First, use him with Machine Duplication to make three. Then use their effects to kill nearly 1/4th of your deck! Not to mention creating three beatsticks that get around Level Limit – Area B and Gravity Bind! If your opponent has Messenger of Peace on the field, only discard 6 cards, and not all 9! Then, with your effect, when your Malicious goes to the graveyard, and you special summon another copy to the field, sac it for Dasher and bam! Say good game to your opponent. This baby causes an OTK! And don’t worry if he dies, you draw a card when that happens! This guy can murder your opponent. A lot of the time, he’s gonna be performing the “Oh my god is he dead?!” attacks, where in the anime, so much smoke rises around your opponent and you end up reciting those words.

B: Spells

There are so many normal spells in the game, that this section is essentially all up to you! But these are some cards that could really help you in this deck.

DestinyDrawDP05-EN-UR.jpgMagicalStoneExcavationCP02-EN-UR.jpg

Destiny Draw: This is as basic as it gets. Draw two cards at the cost of what? Nothing you say? Use with Diamond Dude’s effect, or discard Malicious to get him back on the field. Simple!

Magical Stone Excavation: Unfortunately, since this works in so many decks, it’s been restricted to one. Basically, it’s a costly Magician of Faith. But with Diamond Dude, you make it just as potent as the Magician herself! This card will likely be the most difficult of the cards to get your hands on, so you may have to work without one for a while. But once you have it, you can really light it up!

ReinforcementoftheArmyLOD-EN-SR.jpgMachineDuplicationRDS-EN-R.jpg

Reinforcement of the Army: This one’s restricted to two, and by golly we’re gonna use two. Get your Diamond Dude to your hand fast and in a hurry. Or, if you’ve already got one on the field, use this card to swarm Diamond Draws and Normal Spell effects with ease and efficacy.

Machine Duplication: Not really a required card for this deck, but he works really well with Card Trooper and another card we’ll be including in section IV: The Deck. Basically, swarm Card Troopers and use their effects to your great advantage.

DivineSword-PhoenixBladeSD5-EN-C.jpgDimensionFusionIOC-EN-UR.jpg

Divine Sword – Phoenix Blade: Use this card to upgrade your D-Heroes, and then, once your hero dies, use its effect to make it come back to your hand. Constant upgrade/removal makes for a beautiful combo with Dimension Fusion.

Dimension Fusion: Once you’ve used Phoenix Blade to remove your Dashers and Diamond Dudes, use this [unfortunately] limited card to swarm them to the field and remove your opponent from the game.

MonsterGateAST-EN-C.jpgLightningVortexFET-EN-SR.jpg

Monster Gate: Don’t even worry about the death cost, use this with Diamond Dude’s effect to swarm. Easy as pie. Every DDTurbo deck should run three copies of this card.

Lightning Vortex: Once again, forget the discard, just Raigeki the hell outta your opponent. Magical Stone Excavate this thang, and say good-bye to all your problems for the rest of your [dueling] life! Once again, run three of these.

C: Traps

This deck doesn’t require a single trap, but for good measure, throw in a mirror force and Ring of Destruction or something along those lines. Also, Threatening Roar makes a huge impact as your opponent can’t attack your Diamond Dudes.

IV: The Deck

Monsters: 18

2 Destiny Hero – Dasher

3 Destiny Hero – Malicious

3 Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude

3 Card Trooper

3 Destiny Hero – Fear Monger

1 Elemental Hero Stratos

3 Ancient Gear Cannon

Spells: 18

3 Lightning Vortex

3 Monster Gate

1 Magical Stone Excavation

1 Dimension Fusion

2 Divine Sword – Phoenix Blade

2 Reinforcement of the Army

2 Machine Duplication

3 Destiny Draw

1 Premature Burial

Traps: 4

1 Mirror Force

3 Threatening Roar

Side Deck: 15

3 Des Wombat

1 Confiscation

1 Heavy Storm

1 Giant Trunade

3 Twister

1 Ring of Destruction

1 Divine Sword – Phoenix Blade

1 Jinzo

3 Exiled Force

V: Conclusion

Thanks for taking the time to read up on this! I greatly appreciate it! This deck that I’ve created isn’t the best deck. Obviously, you could switch the cannons out for something better, but that’s just my creative side working. :D

Experiment and discuss!

CRV and CDIP I got by getting a few packs and swapping my other cards for the few missing. FOTB I pretty much completed at prerelease. I got most of the others for other sets off stake dueling and manipulative trading :p

Isn't easy when your good stuffs divied into three decks and a bundle of sets. >.<

Archived