Yu-Gi-Oh Card

Unaffected by other cards' effects. You can only Special Summon "Thanos(s)" once per turn. If your opponent negates the Normal or Special Summon of a monster(s) or the activation of a card or effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in either GY; add that target to your hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand. When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a monster(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, banish it. After damage calculation, if this card attacked an opponent's monster: Negate the effects of that monster including in the GY.

============================================Weaker/Tone Downed Version===========================================

Yu-Gi-Oh Card

You can only Special Summon "Thanos(s)" once per turn. If your opponent negates the Normal or Special Summon of a monster(s) or the activation of a card or effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in either GY; add that target to your hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; then target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand. When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a monster(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, banish it.

Holy moly, this guy is brutal, Zama.

I have a feeling this card would be absolutely meta. Right now, there are myriads of negating effects, I can't picture a Deck or a situation where this card wouldn't be extremely handy. The problem with the card is that every effect on it is extremely powerful, so all of them combined makes the card overpowered. The fact that it is Thanos is not a valid argument to justify it is this strong, eh? xD.

For starters, a complete effect immunity is just no good. If you'd like, since Thanos' motto is "I'm inevitable", you can change the complete immunity to an Immunity against Summoning negation. This is basic for the card balance, imo: it opens a lot of chance for the opponent to get rid of the card. I already told you once, but an important part of making cards is that they're fair so your friends want to play against you. If they're gonna be too scared the whole time that there's a 3000 ATK-effect immune monster with nasty effects that is summoned easily, then we got a problem.

And talking about easy summoning: Imo, you should get rid of the possibility to Special Summon this titan from the GY. This should stay as a hand trap, otherwise just after the tremendous effort of destroying it, for it to be able to return so easily to the field is way too problematic.

It recycles Spells once per turn with no cost.... again, no, I'm afraid.Either make it single time, like "Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand" or give it an important cost. Next effect is more fairer, as it has said cost. Last effect is strong, but probably the mildest of the set, so ok, let's leave it as it is.

Finally, a minor nitpick, but there are a ton of Lv 8 monsters such as this that have Blue Eyes' Stats (ATK 3000/ DEF 2500). You don't really have to copy such formula, but it's a good thing to consider.

Konbanwa!

11 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Holy moly, this guy is brutal, Zama.

I have a feeling this card would be absolutely meta. Right now, there are myriads of negating effects, I can't picture a Deck or a situation where this card wouldn't be extremely handy. The problem with the card is that every effect on it is extremely powerful, so all of them combined makes the card overpowered. The fact that it is Thanos is not a valid argument to justify it is this strong, eh? xD.

For starters, a complete effect immunity is just no good. If you'd like, since Thanos' motto is "I'm inevitable", you can change the complete immunity to an Immunity against Summoning negation. This is basic for the card balance, imo: it opens a lot of chance for the opponent to get rid of the card. I already told you once, but an important part of making cards is that they're fair so your friends want to play against you. If they're gonna be too scared the whole time that there's a 3000 ATK-effect immune monster with nasty effects that is summoned easily, then we got a problem.

And talking about easy summoning: Imo, you should get rid of the possibility to Special Summon this titan from the GY. This should stay as a hand trap, otherwise just after the tremendous effort of destroying it, for it to be able to return so easily to the field is way too problematic.

It recycles Spells once per turn with no cost.... again, no, I'm afraid.Either make it single time, like "Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand" or give it an important cost. Next effect is more fairer, as it has said cost. Last effect is strong, but probably the mildest of the set, so ok, let's leave it as it is.

Finally, a minor nitpick, but there are a ton of Lv 8 monsters such as this that have Blue Eyes' Stats (ATK 3000/ DEF 2500). You don't really have to copy such formula, but it's a good thing to consider.

Konbanwa!

Hey Ray, You Think Thanos Should be an Extra Deck Monster Instead...

Archived