I don't like you activating things. At all.

Monsters: 17

3 x Bountiful Artemis

3 x Meltiel, Sage of the Sky

3 x Zeradias, Herald of Heaven

3 x Harvest Angel of Wisdom

3 x Cyber Dragon

2 x Mask of Darkness

Spells: 10

1 x Confiscation

1 x Nobleman of Crossout

2 x Smashing Ground

1 x Heavy Storm

1 x Mystical Space Typhoon

2 x Enemy Controller

2 x The Sanctuary in the Sky

Traps

3 x Divine Wrath

3 x Seven Tools of the Bandit

3 x Solemn Judgment

3 x Magic Drain

1 x Mirror Force

2 x Threatening Roar

1 x Torrential Tribute

1 x Ring of Destruction

SIDE DECK

3 x Pulling the Rug

2 x Magic Jammer

2 x Forced Back

2 x Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell

3 x Twister

3 x Des Wombat

Explanation

Bountiful Artemis keeps me charging while Wrath and (sided) Cursed Seals and Jammers tie up my hand. Drawing is ALWAYS good. Meltiel keeps me healthy, makes Seven Tools FREE trap negation, and can snipe out unhealthy face-downs and dominating threats on the field. Harvest and Mask of Darkness are recursion, and when Meltiel or Artemis is on the field, you aren't too stingy about WHAT you negate, but you wanna negate somethin'. Cyber Dragon beats down for a free summon, and Zeradias helps with the moidering while searching my favourite field spell in this deck.

Meanwhile... yes, I'm only running 10 Spells. Four are staples. Smashing cleans out Jinzo... this deck's worst nightmare - and also knocks out the big hitters in the opponents' pack. Controller either stalls or allows me to push for damage by trading off a hastily summoned Cyber Dragon or anything currently lying around.

And here we are. I've included numerous non-Counter Traps: especially the "Big Three": Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, and Ring of Destruction. The non-Counter lineup is supplemented by a key stall card: Threatening Roar. It won out over Negate Attack because of two things: Threatening doesn't target, for purposes of Cyber Phoenix, and Threatening is chainable, so you can lure the opponent into wasting their spell and trap removal on it.

Now, finally, the Counter Traps. I've tested a few numbers, and I found eight is not enough, while fifteen is way too many. I've settled on triples of the four more accessible ones: Magic Drain, Seven Tools of the Bandit, Divine Wrath, and the granddaddy of 'em all... Solemn Judgment. Each of the three little ones takes care of one each: Spells by Magic Drain, Traps by Seven Tools, and Monsters by Divine Wrath. Solemn sits there until something REALLY needs cleaning up, then the old guy whacks the problem a bit before negating the hell outta it. Owned.

The side decks' fairly straightforward. I run 9 Counter Traps in the side, just so I have that bit of flexibility. EVERYONE runs Pulling the Rug and Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell now. Forced Back helps against a particularly nasty Machine monster who will remain unnamed for the sake of common decency *shudder*. Twister counters the Royal Decrees the opponents would have sided against me in Game 2 and 3, and finally Des Wombat will help against burn, as the only other options shut MY deck down as well... *coughJINZOcough*

Ok, now when I ask for rates and fixes, please keep in mind I'm not going to be doing anything with this deck other than maybe a trial at my locals, which struggles to put up 16 players on the best of days, or with my friends. I'm not going to try to win anything significant with it.

So, rates/fixes please.

Archived