Friendship custom archetype

Rosie Satch

This is my first ever card created, what do you think? I made it so that it could fit the style of old-school Yu-Gi-Oh. It's based on my object OC. And the rest of the cards below are in the Friendship archetype. I personally like this deck idea.

Mystical Satchel of Friendship.jpg

2nd card: Friendship Booklet
Normal Spell Card
Effect:
Add one "Friendship" Card from your Deck to your Hand; including another "Friendship Booklet". Then; shuffle your Deck.

What do you think about this? It's like Toon Table of Contents, but for the Friendship archetype.

3rd card: Giant Rainbow Realm of Friendship
Field Spell Card
Effect:
This card can only be Summoned if there is 1 active "Friendship" Monster on the Field. If there are no face-up "Friendship" monsters on the Field or in either player's Hands; destroy this card. For the first 5 turns this Card is on the Field; it cannot be destroyed by Spell Cards or Trap Cards. Each player gains 500 LP x how many "Friendship" Monsters they have on their side of the Field. All "Friendship" Monsters gain 600 ATK and 500 DEF. If a player has 4 or more "Friendship" Monsters on their side of the Field; that player gets an additional 1500 LP.

This is the Friendship archetype's Field Spell. I personally think it's an incredibly powerful card that fits the archetype perfectly, but I'm willing to hear your thoughts on it.

2 hours ago, Rosie Satch said:

This is my first ever card created, what do you think? I made it so that it could fit the style of old-school Yu-Gi-Oh. It's based on my object OC.

Congratz on your first creation!

Damn, the old card maker is working worse than ever, now it won't show the name letters correctly?

***checks***

Actually, it's working for me, how strange.

1808115723_Screenshot2021-02-16at19_24_13.png.1d812f38473f46935f5764fe6a29791f.png

Well, I don't understand why it happened, but maybe changing your device if you're using a mobile to PC or viceversa could help.

Anyway, allow me to help you with card grammar or PSCT (problem solving card text:

During your Main Phase 1: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Deck. If this card is sent to the GY: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Mystical Satchet of Friendship" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

I opted to separate the effects. It might be the case they can be put together, but I'm not too sure about that, reason being, the one activated at Main Phase 1 is an Ignition Effect, and second one, when sent to the GY, is a trigger effect. Having them both together feels... off, though again, I can't be sure right now. Maybe you could use OR (like this, with capital letters), but I think my suggestion avoids any problem you could have, and final clause was changed so you can only use 1 effect per turn even if they're separated.

The card in itself is ok. Paying 1000 LP for a Special Summon is relatively important, but not as much is you consider this card can easily Synchro Summon a Level 5-8 monster or Xyz Summon a Rank 4. I'd say it's good measure you gave it the HOPT (hard once per turn). Problem is, it doesn't have ways of SSing itself and is not part of an archetype, so it'll be dependant of Spellcaster support. At first, I thought it'd be fairy xD.

Friendly suggestion, but which actually is an official site rule: Please include the card's effect written below the card so it's easier to see. In this case, the effect is short and can be seen easily, but that might not be the case for future creations, so keep that in mind, ok?

See ya around! 

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Congratz on your first creation!

Damn, the old card maker is working worse than ever, now it won't show the name letters correctly?

***checks***

Actually, it's working for me, how strange.

1808115723_Screenshot2021-02-16at19_24_13.png.1d812f38473f46935f5764fe6a29791f.png

Well, I don't understand why it happened, but maybe changing your device if you're using a mobile to PC or viceversa could help.

Anyway, allow me to help you with card grammar or PSCT (problem solving card text:

I opted to separate the effects. It might be the case they can be put together, but I'm not too sure about that, reason being, the one activated at Main Phase 1 is an Ignition Effect, and second one, when sent to the GY, is a trigger effect. Having them both together feels... off, though again, I can't be sure right now. Maybe you could use OR (like this, with capital letters), but I think my suggestion avoids any problem you could have, and final clause was changed so you can only use 1 effect per turn even if they're separated.

The card in itself is ok. Paying 1000 LP for a Special Summon is relatively important, but not as much is you consider this card can easily Synchro Summon a Level 5-8 monster or Xyz Summon a Rank 4. I'd say it's good measure you gave it the HOPT (hard once per turn). Problem is, it doesn't have ways of SSing itself and is not part of an archetype, so it'll be dependant of Spellcaster support. At first, I thought it'd be fairy xD.

Friendly suggestion, but which actually is an official site rule: Please include the card's effect written below the card so it's easier to see. In this case, the effect is short and can be seen easily, but that might not be the case for future creations, so keep that in mind, ok?

See ya around! 

Thanks for the feedback! It actually can SS another Mystical Satchel, as Mystical Satchel in itself is a level 4 Light monster. If it summons another one though, the new one cannot SS on that turn. Maybe I should have clarified a bit better that you could choose which monster you could SS. It was fun to make this one. And yes, I do plan on making a Friendship archetype in the future that has this card supported. Cheers!

welcome to YCM, follow the rules and have fun, enjoy your stay

this card is really good for what its intended to do. if not for that HOPT then its pretty much nigh-broken. its fetch so many things at such cheap cost and trigger (even when it sent to GY by any means, which like foolish burial or used as material for summon) i genuinely lost track of the pool. but its definitely a type of effect that will never age nor power-crept. 

while the HOPT should be enough for this version,  given this should be a archetype prototype i suggest when you make the entirety of the archetype this card should add more archetypal restriction. you may keep some degree of generic value to it but locking it behind specific combo of your archetype maybe like "also for the rest of this turn, you cannot summon non-LIGHT monster other than "Friendship" monster." or something along the lines

• Rosie Satch changed the title to Friendship custom archetype

Archived