Some Photoshop effects

This is for my prot. so i need ppl to look over these and tell me if there good or ways i can improve to make these more understendible. thanks ;) and i hope u fined some cool things. (i might add some glowing strings but idk that might take me a while to right and edit)

Smoke

1. On a new layer airbrush some grey over the origin of the smoke. Use a soft brush setting and a lower opacity.

2. Now we need some "spots". Change your airbrushes setting to “dissolve” and “shoot” some white and black dots onto the grey spot. Not too many, just enough to smear.

3. Grab the smudge tool (looks like a pointing finger) and smear the pixels upward in an “S” like motion.

4. Grab your eraser tool, opacity to 10-30. Use the dodge and burn tools to add highlights and shadows to the smoke. Re-smear any pixels or effects that look too hard or unreal.

5. Lower the smoke layers opacity to your taste.

6. Repeat any steps till you are happy with your smoke effect.

Explosions

1. Start off with a new image of any size with a black backgound. Create a new layer, create white dots with the airbrush.

2. Now do some work with the smudge tool. Drag the smudge tool from out to in and in to out.

3. Use the grungy brushs, make sparkles coming out of the explosion. Do some more smudging, add more brushing. Till your happy.

4. Pick up your burn tool, choose the scattered maple leaves brush for your burn tool. Now go over your white explosion and brush.

5. Duplicate your layer and set it to hard light. Then go image - adjustments - hue/saturation.

6. Duplicate that layer you just made, and set it to Color Burn. Now go image - adjustments - hue/saturation and choose something like a red. This will add depth and some realistic effect to it.

Pop Out

1. Take an image/banner into Photoshop.

2. Then make a new window a little bit bigger than the banner (If a render is bigger than the banner. Make sure the whole render fits in the new window. Reason: you want the whole render to pop out too, nothing but the bottom should be cut off)

3. Delete the bottom layer so your background looks like a chess board.

4. Right Click the banner layer – Blending Options – hit drop shadow. Play with it to give it a nice effect.

5. Once done right click the same layer yet again – go to Copy Layer Style.

6. Now go to your render layer that is bigger than the banner it’s self and right click it – got to Paste Layer Style. (This should add the shadow to your render making it pop out).

7. Finally go to file - save as – name it what ever you want – then bellow that click file type and look for .PNG.

8. Now no matter where your post this, the image that you made will appear to pop out of the page.

Nice. Lots of smudging though. =p

yes it is now that i look back at it lol

outcome please? i'd like to see what i'm doing.

working on a good ones right now

mmm this is great and all but you need to say were to start i did not understand if this is for cards or sig

this is for photoshop ingeneral

Archived