Card Discussion: Extra Tag Out!

Card Discussion is a new Series That I'm gonna be doing with both TCG/OCG in other words Master Duel cards and Custom Cards where we talk about a cards viability and even ways that it can be Abused or Used normally as it might help the Deck todays card is Extra Tag out Whats Extra Tag  Out! you may ask well its a card I made that's why where gonna be Discussing about it right now its Viability and ow the card could be abused?

0b48254cfc96.jpg

Extra Tag Out!

Quick-Play Spell

You can only use each effect with this card's name once per turn.

(1) Return 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link monster you control to the Extra Deck; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster of the same type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link), with the same Level/Rank/Link Rating and Type or Attribute as the returned monster, but with a different name, also halve the ATK/DEF of all face-up monsters your opponent controls this turn. (This is treated as a Summon of the appropriate type for monster being Summoned.) Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

(2) During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 monster you Special Summoned from the Extra Deck this turn, except with this cards effect Special Summon all the materials used for its Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon from your GY, but change their ATK/DEF to 0, also they have their effects negated, but banish them when they leave the field. 

Can you please give me your toughs on this card and what combos can be done with it.

the 1st effect alone is dangerous. it tag out monster at spell speed 2 and even half the entire board of stat uninterrupted for free. do note that summoned monster can immediately attack the halved opponent monster making the damage cap of this card stupidly high. a big no

2nd effect can be activated in the same turn as the 1st (since its only HOPT, not Super HOPT)  making it even more broken (remember it still use the same spell speed 2) while there is a balancing factor of cannot targeting monster summoned using this card. it wont stopping you to using it on other monster which makes this free-costed card extend for 2-3 material which either enough to summon the monster your shuffle back or entirely new ones

Actually, I have a question, because the wording is unclear. This part:

... monster of the same type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link), with the same Level/Rank/Link Rating and Type or Attribute as the returned monster

This is ambiguous, it makes me feel that the substitution can have 1 of them (type or Attribute), but not necessarily both. Is this correct? Because I have a feeling that your intention is that both Type and Attribute is required. Also, it's good measure that you say card type and not just type

...monster of the same card type (Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Link) with the same Level/Rank/Link Rating, Type and Attribute as the returned monster.

Jolly is right, that ATK halving is overkill, can't stay even if it's permanent, imo, but you could target screw only 1 monster (the one in the same column sounds cool).

Abuse and combos... I'm honestly not your man for this, I don't like the meta and don't follow newer archetypes enough to think what kind of abuse you could perform with this card. Heraldry Crest of Horror comes to mind: a monster that normally requires 4 materials would be able to be summoned by using this card and something LIGHT which requires only 2 materials (If no equal type is needed). It'd keep its basic effect, and the second is powerful but dependant on the opponent, so less important. Another instance would be Red Supernova Dragon (Synchro with 4 materials reuqired) that could be summoned by returning Onimaru the Divine Thunder, but again this is in the supposition that you needn't both type and Attribute. A great portion of this card's power depends on that bit, so we require that info.

Second effet is a big no simply because the number of additional summoning it can lead to, the same turn you use effect 1, and for basically no cost. The fact that you're negating attackas and effects is not enough. If anything, the Special Summoned monsters shouldn't be able to be tributed or used as material during the turn they're summoned, that hurts at least

7 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Actually, I have a question, because the wording is unclear. This part:

... monster of the same type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link), with the same Level/Rank/Link Rating and Type or Attribute as the returned monster

This is ambiguous, it makes me feel that the substitution can have 1 of them (type or Attribute), but not necessarily both. Is this correct? Because I have a feeling that your intention is that both Type and Attribute is required. Also, it's good measure that you say card type and not just type

...monster of the same card type (Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Link) with the same Level/Rank/Link Rating, Type and Attribute as the returned monster.

Jolly is right, that ATK halving is overkill, can't stay even if it's permanent, imo, but you could target screw only 1 monster (the one in the same column sounds cool).

Abuse and combos... I'm honestly not your man for this, I don't like the meta and don't follow newer archetypes enough to think what kind of abuse you could perform with this card. Heraldry Crest of Horror comes to mind: a monster that normally requires 4 materials would be able to be summoned by using this card and something LIGHT which requires only 2 materials (If no equal type is needed). It'd keep its basic effect, and the second is powerful but dependant on the opponent, so less important. Another instance would be Red Supernova Dragon (Synchro with 4 materials reuqired) that could be summoned by returning Onimaru the Divine Thunder, but again this is in the supposition that you needn't both type and Attribute. A great portion of this card's power depends on that bit, so we require that info.

Second effet is a big no simply because the number of additional summoning it can lead to, the same turn you use effect 1, and for basically no cost. The fact that you're negating attackas and effects is not enough. If anything, the Special Summoned monsters shouldn't be able to be tributed or used as material during the turn they're summoned, that hurts at least

Yeah also what I mean by type is you return a Fusion you get a new Fusion my wording on cards are still not the greatest because I'm still practicing My PSCT.

I would like help with my PSCT about more.

5 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Yeah also what I mean by type is you return a Fusion you get a new Fusion my wording on cards are still not the greatest because I'm still practicing My PSCT.

I would like help with my PSCT about more.

yep yep, I get that part, but I wanted to know if the substitute card needs to be BOTH the same Type AND Attribute as the one you're retuning, of if it can be one, but not the other. Despite the base power of the card, I'd really like if it's one of the two, else it becomes very restrictive

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

yep yep, I get that part, but I wanted to know if the substitute card needs to be BOTH the same Type AND Attribute as the one you're retuning, of if it can be one, but not the other. Despite the base power of the card, I'd really like if it's one of the two, else it becomes very restrictive

No it doesn't force you to summon a monster from your Extra that has both the same Type and Attitubute so return borreload savage to summon a crystal wing it's Type or Attitubte

Archived