Point Up-Down [written] Short please review

Loleo

Point Up-Down

Quickplay spell

Must be activated while you control no monsters in your Extra monster zone. You can target a Link monster your opponent controls; Special Summon it to an Extra Monster Zone under your control upside down (facing your opponent).

• Loleo changed the title to Point Up-Down [written] Short please review

Mmmm...

Mmmm...

796546099824820224.png?v=1

Mmm...

Mmm...

796546099824820224_1.png

Welp, I'm kinda confused. Look, this card is in essence switching control of 1 card. The difference is the Special Summoning (which btw is a disadvantage vs control swapping because the opponent can react to it more easily). As you normally would, when you Special Summon, you do so in the normal way (card's name up, or in other words, "facing the opponent". Anywho, all of this is somewhat ambiguous, as I'm not sure what's the "facing your opponent" for you. All in all, as things stand, this card is a control switching card with an extra step, all of this, of course, if I understood this card correctly.

21 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

796546099824820224_1.png

This

Welp, I'm kinda confused. Look, this card is in essence switching control of 1 card. The difference is the Special Summoning (which btw is a disadvantage vs control swapping because the opponent can react to it more easily).

that was sort of on purpose.

As you normally would, when you Special Summon, you do so in the normal way (card's name up, or in other words, "facing the opponent". Anywho, all of this is somewhat ambiguous, as I'm not sure what's the "facing your opponent" for you.

Facing the opponent to me is where your opponent can read the card.

All in all, as things stand, this card is a control switching card with an extra step, all of this, of course, if I understood this card correctly.

yep

13 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

This

Ah

that was sort of on purpose.

Ah

Facing the opponent to me is where your opponent can read the card.

Ah

yep

Ah

LOL ok ok.

Let's look at this this way: Brain Control got an errata, now it's at 3, but limited to taking control of Normal Summon-able mobs, this at the cost of 800 LP, and until the End Phase. Yours is permanent, but dangerous because for the sake of avoiding you taking control of the opponent's card, the opponent might Solemn it to hell. It requires your Extra Monster Zone to be empty, and can only be applied to Link mobs, then the thing about it being upside down is neat because in a good % of cases Link mobs point ↓ at least; regardless, I don't think this is reliable enough to be viable to run in the Main Deck. Evidently, this card is 100% dead if your opponent's Deck doesn't run Links, and still not good if it runs some but it's not the core of the Deck. This card is Side Deck material, but a tough pick, imo. The concept is neat, tho.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ah

Ah

Ah

Ah

LOL ok ok.

LOL

Let's look at this this way: Brain Control got an errata, now it's at 3, but limited to taking control of Normal Summon-able mobs, this at the cost of 800 LP, and until the End Phase. Yours is permanent, but dangerous because for the sake of avoiding you taking control of the opponent's card, the opponent might Solemn it to hell. It requires your Extra Monster Zone to be empty, and can only be applied to Link mobs, then the thing about it being upside down is neat because in a good % of cases Link mobs point ↓ at least; regardless, I don't think this is reliable enough to be viable to run in the Main Deck. Evidently, this card is 100% dead if your opponent's Deck doesn't run Links, and still not good if it runs some but it's not the core of the Deck. This card is Side Deck material, but a tough pick, imo. The concept is neat, tho.

Exactly what I was going for.

Archived