Details of the Crossduel Format is here!

https://ygorganization.com/cross-duel-closed-beta-test/

So they basically tag duels but instead sharing enemies each player literally only face the opposite section of the cross-shaped field (you still share LP with your partner)

i honestly kinda bumped since im hoping it more like mtg's commander format but atleast its hinted that there be ways for you to directly helping partner unlike normal tag duel like passing some monster to each other has life bonus as mention (if i get that part right) 

i kinda surprise that instead having multiple monster out we got to have 1 monster that start off as normal monster (ngl that normal monster version of stardust dragon threw me off lol. That sweet flavor text though) but the monster will grow overtime, having skills that maybe dont exist in original version. Also unlike one and done battle like typical yugioh it work like magic in which the monster have health stat (for simplicity sake they probs use the DEF)

All spell are quick-spell in this format and indicate there be none non-quick play spell (except maybe field spell)

Going through that article had my head spinning a little, not gonna lie haha. I feel like I'm going to try it out at least once just to say that I've experienced it, but it's so strange to think about as someone who hasn't really been caught up on new stuff for the last several years. Hell, I didn't even know that Sevens was a series until very recently.

Archived