Criticism of the Spider-Man "One More Day" Story

krizdesigner

Do you believe that the decision to destroy Spider-Man's marriage the way it happened was wrong of Joe Quesada, the editor?  

1. 1. Do you believe that the decision to destroy Spider-Man's marriage the way it happened was wrong of Joe Quesada, the editor?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter to me

I don't know if anyone else on this site has made a thread of this nature, so I'm going to make one now. Quite frankly, even months after it happened, I am still infuriated at the decision of the writers at Marvel Comics (and Joe Quesada, if you ever read this, this is aimed specifically at you) to annul Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's marriage with a big friggin' deus ex machina in the form of the demon Mephisto and a story plot that involves him reversing and retconning established Spider-Man continuity.

I remain convinced that this change happened only because Quesada hated Mary Jane, hated the idea of her being married to Peter/Spider-Man, and hated Spider-Man fans on a whole. If anyone agrees or disagrees, feel free to comment, but either way, you must state why you feel the way you do. As for me, Marvel Comics has lost a fan because of their crappy handling of this scenario. Unless they fix Quesada's mistake and put Peter and Mary Jane back together, and then fire Quesada, I'm not going to ever read their comics again.

Let me know what you think!

P.S. Thank God the movies are not in the same continuity as the comics!

Archived