How to print or buy

Ciara_lind

Question

1 answer to this question

9 minutes ago, Ciara_lind said:

Is there a way to buy or print out the card we make? 

Certainly. Printing them should be a piece of cake, the problem lies in obtaining high quality results. I don't know if you're familiarized with Image Editors like Photoshop, GIMP, etc. In case you aren't, or you lack access to any of them, I tend to recommend Photopea, a browser image editor that's surprisingly good and easy enough to use.

If you're planning to print the cards at home (probably mid-low quality prints depending on printer), you want to do so in letter size paper, where you can allocate 9 cards in a 3 x 3 distribution. Here's what you'd need to do (using Photopea) step by step

1) The obvious one, you create your cards in the Card Maker, and download them to your device (hopefully, it's a desktop). Use the NORMAL RES option to download. These cards are 694 x 1013 pixel size.

2) Open Photopea https://www.photopea.com/

3) Click on File, leftmost upper option. then Click on New. A new window opens with some templates and options. Below the long box called Create, you'll see the type of templates (Social, Print, Photo, Screen, etc. Click on Print, then choose the bottom left one, Letter. If I'm not wrong, this should automatically make the options change to 300 DPI (dots per inch, super important) and a template of 8.5 x 11 inches (2550 x 3300 pixels size). Click on Create.

4) Clicking on File again, then on Open (or using Ctrl+O), you can access the files in your Device, so you just browse for the folder the cards you downloaded are and open them all in adjacent windows

5) Use Ctrl+A to select all the pixels of the card, then Ctrl+C to copy the selection. Click back on the Letter Sheet window and use Ctrl+V to paste. Either press V alone or click the Tool on the top, the one that looks like a Cursor with a +, and then Click and hold over the card, then drag it to where you want it. Again, you'll allocare them in a 3x3 distribution.

6) Use your usual method to Print. There's the option in the File Menu if you have the PC connected to a Printer, or you could download the file using Export as (I like to use JPG at 100 quality, but PNG is fine too, even PDF) and move it to your smartphone to print using an App if that's your method.

Welp, more or less this xD. Sorry if this sounds overly detailed, I have no idea how familiarized you are with these things, so I gotta take the full tutorial route. At any rate. If you don't want/can't print at home, 100% download the file using Export as JPG/PNG/PDF, and take it to a Printer Centre or something. You're bound to obtain better results if you do, specially if you print in couche paper of 300 gr/m2. Those places usually offer tabloid size couche paper, which is roughly double the letter size, so you could go back to your PC and make a 5100 x 3000 size file (but keep the 300 DPI) and allocate 18 cards there.

Archived