Xyz Monsters

TurkeySloth

Question

I'm currently working on a revamped Stellar archetype, which has several fusion and fusion-adjacent cards. "Fusion-adjacent" is my all-encompassing term for cards that need materials for summoning. As it stands, the Neutron Star contingent are dark Xyz monsters with generic materials made up of 2 dark monsters sharing their type (e. g. dragons for the dragon) because netron stars are a possible supernova remnant (black holes and pulsars are the other). As level-oriented as Xyz monsters are, will they ever be given materials that eschew level entirely?

1 answer to this question

19 hours ago, TurnkeySloth said:

I'm currently working on a revamped Stellar archetype, which has several fusion and fusion-adjacent cards. "Fusion-adjacent" is my all-encompassing term for cards that need materials for summoning. As it stands, the Neutron Star contingent are dark Xyz monsters with generic materials made up of 2 dark monsters sharing their type (e. g. dragons for the dragon) because netron stars are a possible supernova remnant (black holes and pulsars are the other). As level-oriented as Xyz monsters are, will they ever be given materials that eschew level entirely?

I think they technically can, they just don't. I feel like there is a theme for them in how they work, Ursarctic monsters flipped the script on Synchro subtracting levels. Most of the time though XYZ monsters that don't want to be summoned by same level just have ridiculous materials and an alternative summoning condition like Zeus. Utopic draco future also is one that ignores level and goes straight for ranks of XYZ monsters. As long as you post in casual cards if you want to ignore levels there should be no issue.

Would like to restate some core aspects of special monsters and some exceptions

Ritual- Tribute, based on level, from hand and field, need ritual monster in hand, requires ritual spell. (Drytron use attack, advanced summons from deck I think there is a ritual monster with no spell)

Fusion- Fusion spell, hand and field, old times only named materials (Now we have contact fusing, use cards from your deck or opponent's GY, and generic materials)

------ from here down must use face up monsters

Synchro- 1 Tuner 1+nontuner add levels (there is a red dragon card that uses 2 tuners instead of one, and a level 0 Synchro treated as level 12 synchro that requires a tuner and non-tuner of equal levels, then aforementioned Ursartics Quick effect synchro exist somewhere)

XYZ- Already covered but Same level and sometimes extra restrictions (alternate summoning conditions above will also add rank up)

Link- Just use monsters whose arrows add up to link rating and fulfill requirements. Also non links treated as link 1, links have arrows of 1 or Link rating (IP allows opponents turn Linking and ghostrick allows use of facedown)

I want to make a consecutive level extra deck support! for all of the above!

Archived