Subrogator of the Weak - Magic the Gathering

Atypical-Abbie

Another card cause I felt like it! This one is able to grant some boosted stats based on the mana value of another creature you control, also it to Flash cause why not!

191476638_WeakSubrogator.png.bab701ce87f6303ba0f779c5b2572911.png

Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
When Subrogator of the Weak enters the battlefield, you may tap another creature you control with mana value 3 or less. If you do, another target creature on the battlefield gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the tapped creature’s mana value.

neat combat trick.

you can go like block 2 of their creature and then cast this to tap one that can win the combat without aid (since they can still block as its already assigned as blocker even when tapped) then help the weaker blocker for up to hefty +3/+3

now im not mtg savvy or anything, but probs the only issue that people might raise is the color identity. having flash and tap ability is pretty much blue. elf usually white or green while cleric lean on white or black. and colorless despite seems neutral (which to be fair its also its theme) its also symbolize unknown (like eldrazi stuff). that being said there is cards that breaks color and i personally doing it too lol. but its still quite valid point that other mtg players would bring u

15 hours ago, Abigail Sunblade said:

Another card cause I felt like it! This one is able to grant some boosted stats based on the mana value of another creature you control, also it to Flash cause why not!

191476638_WeakSubrogator.png.bab701ce87f6303ba0f779c5b2572911.png

Basically an instant monster and you get a good defense or offense against your opponent. Noice. 

6 hours ago, Dokutah said:

neat combat trick.

you can go like block 2 of their creature and then cast this to tap one that can win the combat without aid (since they can still block as its already assigned as blocker even when tapped) then help the weaker blocker for up to hefty +3/+3

now im not mtg savvy or anything, but probs the only issue that people might raise is the color identity. having flash and tap ability is pretty much blue. elf usually white or green while cleric lean on white or black. and colorless despite seems neutral (which to be fair its also its theme) its also symbolize unknown (like eldrazi stuff). that being said there is cards that breaks color and i personally doing it too lol. but its still quite valid point that other mtg players would bring u

Yeah one of the things I'm learning is how MtG likes it when cards are similar in theme and what they do, which is useful sometimes, but as a yugioh player and card creator, that does mean I can't do as much without it seeming off. I also figured like what you said, there are pattern breakers, with how many cards there are in the game there has to be, so yeah. I did think of making it green, but I wanted it to be useful for any deck you know, and I haven't made enough decks yet where I know where I would fit a card like this, I just made it cause I wanted to for fun, a casual card.

4 hours ago, Loleo said:

Feels really powerful for how generic it is I wish one of the mana was green or green/blue. Really fun card that seems like it would feel great to use.

Yeah, might made it have a single green mana, makes more sense theme wise too

Archived