just made this card from boredom any edit suggestions?

Aetherium

4 hours ago, Aetherium said:

image.thumb.png.164b09cf4d9500ed7738f5ea800986c4.png

Some of the wording is off. I’d probably write it as

”FLIP: If this card is flip summoned, you can special summon any 4 level 3 or lower monsters from either GY, and their name becomes this cards name. Once per turn, any card with this card’s name cannot be destroyed by battle.”

And this should also be a Zombie or Fiend monster since Ghoul is not a monster type. 

Just now, Kokoroshi said:

Some of the wording is off. I’d probably write it as

”FLIP: If this card is flip summoned, you can special summon any 4 level 3 or lower monsters from either GY, and their name becomes this cards name. Once per turn, any card with this card’s name cannot be destroyed by battle.”

And this should also be a Zombie or Fiend monster since Ghoul is not a monster type. 

alright thanks

Umm, yes, this card has some issues...

As you check the text something that is a bit off jumps immediatelly: It's a Flip monster, that says in its text "If this card is Flip Summoned". In essence, that's redundant. Flip Monsters will activate their effects when Flipped. Having said that, Flip Summon and flipped face-up are different things, and I admit there are obscure monsters such as Worm Noble that are FLIP but only apply the effect if the actual flip is caused by an opponent's attack (which is flipped face-up and doesn't count as Flip Summoned). I'm saying this because it is arguable that Aetherium wants that the card only apply its effect by mechanically Flip Summoning it and no other ways. My problem with this, is that (I have checked) there is NOT a single FLIP monster in existence that does this (restricting its effect to only Flip Summon). In summary, my suggestion would be to either let the Flip become generic (as in, any type of flipping face-up will trigger the effect, like 99% of the FLIPs), or remove the FLIP quality of the monsters, because thre ARE Effect Monsters without the FLIP ability that activate effects at Flip Summon, such as Granadora, or Gandora the Dragon of Destruction. I'd go for the later, removing the FLIP and make it an effect that triggers at Flip Summon only, simply because the effect is somewhat too powerful.

If this card is Flip Summoned: You can target 4 Level 3 or lower monsters in either player's GY; Special Summon those targets, also their name becomes "Slaughtered Child". The first time a card with the same name as this card would be destroyed by battle each turn, it is not destroyed.

The balancing factor is that it must be exactly 4 monsters and of low level, so this card won't work well in some situations. However, sudden 4x Summon is strong enough to warrant this downside, and the fact that it needs Flip Summon, which means it has to survive an entire turn.

Well, that's my friendly suggestion @Aetherium, remember that even if it's not all praise it's for the sake of helping n.n   Another piece of advice: Next time you post a card of this nature, do so in the Casual Cards section, because this is Games section and doesn't belong here.

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Umm, yes, this card has some issues...

As you check the text something that is a bit off jumps immediatelly: It's a Flip monster, that says in its text "If this card is Flip Summoned". In essence, that's redundant. Flip Monsters will activate their effects when Flipped. Having said that, Flip Summon and flipped face-up are different things, and I admit there are obscure monsters such as Worm Noble that are FLIP but only apply the effect if the actual flip is caused by an opponent's attack (which is flipped face-up and doesn't count as Flip Summoned). I'm saying this because it is arguable that Aetherium wants that the card only apply its effect by mechanically Flip Summoning it and no other ways. My problem with this, is that (I have checked) there is NOT a single FLIP monster in existence that does this (restricting its effect to only Flip Summon). In summary, my suggestion would be to either let the Flip become generic (as in, any type of flipping face-up will trigger the effect, like 99% of the FLIPs), or remove the FLIP quality of the monsters, because thre ARE Effect Monsters without the FLIP ability that activate effects at Flip Summon, such as Granadora, or Gandora the Dragon of Destruction. I'd go for the later, removing the FLIP and make it an effect that triggers at Flip Summon only, simply because the effect is somewhat too powerful.

If this card is Flip Summoned: You can target 4 Level 3 or lower monsters in either player's GY; Special Summon those targets, also their name becomes "Slaughtered Child". The first time a card with the same name as this card would be destroyed by battle each turn, it is not destroyed.

The balancing factor is that it must be exactly 4 monsters and of low level, so this card won't work well in some situations. However, sudden 4x Summon is strong enough to warrant this downside, and the fact that it needs Flip Summon, which means it has to survive an entire turn.

Well, that's my friendly suggestion @Aetherium, remember that even if it's not all praise it's for the sake of helping n.n   Another piece of advice: Next time you post a card of this nature, do so in the Casual Cards section, because this is Games section and doesn't belong here.

u-uhhhh ok remember i'm still kinda new to yu-gi-oh...

Just now, Aetherium said:

u-uhhhh ok remember i'm still kinda new to yu-gi-oh...

haha, sorry, I didn't know this, but that's perfectly fine, I'm just trying to help.

In case you don't understand something feel free to call, though I'm not the super expert or anything xD.

In my previous reply, what I wanted you to notice is that Flip Summon and flipped face-up are different things, and that FLIP monsters inherently activate their effects at flip, so you needn't specify that the effect is activated at Flip Summon lol. I'm bad at making summaries but there's that xD Keep up working on your cards :)

:7613_key:

7 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

haha, sorry, I didn't know this, but that's perfectly fine, I'm just trying to help.

In case you don't understand something feel free to call, though I'm not the super expert or anything xD.

In my previous reply, what I wanted you to notice is that Flip Summon and flipped face-up are different things, and that FLIP monsters inherently activate their effects at flip, so you needn't specify that the effect is activated at Flip Summon lol. I'm bad at making summaries but there's that xD Keep up working on your cards :)

:7613_key:

yeah it's cool i doan mind the critisism it was just alot to take in just aslong as ya doan critisize me for bein a furry

15 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

why would I criticize you for being a furry? xD   Nah, to each their own. 

oki *hugs*

12 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Okay that is more balanced I'm not saying it can't be iumme to anything or have protection but when you make something full on iumme to spells/traps but we gotta keep in mind that some cards must be able to out a monster.

aight

Archived