Dueling Book Idea: Custom card play Needs Two Modes: Realistic and Unrealistic

Gen Steps

I had this idea for DB and wanted to see what people here thought of it. 

So the other day I was going through my saved cards that i've been working on here and copying them into my Dueling Book account. I was ready to play test my new cards so I built a new deck with them in it and ran off to the custom card mode excited!

There is a great joy in testing your new cards for the first time! the excitement of finding out what they will actually be like in testing! I was ready for it! So I found a room and jumped in the game.

I quickly remembered the only flaw this mode has. There really is no concept of balance, and people are allowed to just make and use whatever they want really. 

I took my realistic fair and balanced custom cards up against a person who was using a full archetype of unrealistic, unbalanced, oppressively overpowered custom cards.

I don't have a problem with cards like that. Unrealistic OP cards have their place, just like every other card. And i dont have any hate for people that make or want to play with or against them. But what I do personally believe is that this mode would be so much better off if it had, SOME form of balance.

Like what I appreciate about this forums/ website is that you guys have sections for people to create and enjoy any card that they desire, but understandably and fairly seperated into those sections as [Realistic], [Casual], Or [Joke], [Overpowered] 

I know its pretty much impossible to keep custom cards in check or enforce it somehow, but I still wish they had the modes or something for it. 

When people make and want to play with and against realistic, balanced cards, they should be able to make a room in a Mode for that.

And when people make and want to play with and against unrealistic overpowered cards, there should be a mode just for that they can make a room in.

It would make testing realistic cards much more easier, a playing with them more enjoyable experience.

Again, no hate towards OP or unrealistic cards, I just think they are better off seperated from cards that are intended and designed to be actually realistic and balanced. Does anyone else feel the same?

• 10 months later...

blossom word game

On 2/27/2023 at 5:41 AM, Gen Steps said:

Again, no hate towards OP or unrealistic cards, I just think they are better off seperated from cards that are intended and designed to be actually realistic and balanced. Does anyone else feel the same?

To me, it's so difficult to enforce balance in the custom card mode. But I think it is possible to create separate modes for realistic, balanced cards and unrealistic, overpowered cards. This would allow players to choose the type of cards they want to play with and against, and would make testing realistic cards much easier and more enjoyable.

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 5:41 AM, Gen Steps said:

I had this idea for DB and wanted to see what people here thought of it. 

So the other day I was going through my saved cards that i've been working on here and copying them into my Dueling Book account. I was ready to play test my new cards so I built a new deck with them in it and ran off to the custom card mode excited!

There is a great joy in testing your new cards for the first time! the excitement of finding out what they will actually be like in testing! I was ready for it! So I found a room and jumped in the game.

I quickly remembered the only flaw this mode has. There really is no concept of balance, and people are allowed to just make and use whatever they want really. 

I took my realistic fair and balanced custom cards up against a person who was using a full archetype of unrealistic, unbalanced, oppressively overpowered custom cards.

I don't have a problem with cards like that. Unrealistic OP cards have their place, just like every other card. And i dont have any hate for people that make or want to play with or against them. But what I do personally believe is that this mode would be so much better off if it had, SOME form of balance.

Like what I appreciate about this forums/ website is that you guys have sections for people to create and enjoy any card that they desire, but understandably and fairly seperated into those sections as [Realistic], [Casual], Or [Joke], [Overpowered] free games

I know its pretty much impossible to keep custom cards in check or enforce it somehow, but I still wish they had the modes or something for it. 

When people make and want to play with and against realistic, balanced cards, they should be able to make a room in a Mode for that.

And when people make and want to play with and against unrealistic overpowered cards, there should be a mode just for that they can make a room in.

It would make testing realistic cards much more easier, a playing with them more enjoyable experience.

I can play solo or two-player