Veilor (Custom Archetype)

Linx Fyre

I've been workshopping this archetype for a bit, still figuring out what's too much and stuff. The archetype is based around the concept of time, which is the banish zone in this case.

Wendy, Veilor Mechanic

Level 3 LIGHT Psychic

1200 ATK/2000 DEF

If this monster is Summoned: You can banish 1 non-Beast "Veilor" monster from your hand or field; draw 2 cards. During the Standby Phase: You can target 1 "Veilor" Machine monster that is banished, or 1 banished "Veilor" Spell card; Special Summoned the targeted monster or add the targeted Spell to your hand, and if you do, change this monster to Defense Position. You can only activate each effect of "Wendy, Veilor Engineer" once per turn.

Wendy is one I'm still heavily thinking on. The easy access to summon via E-Tele presents a possible problem when it comes to her draw 2 effect, but I do believe it is currently not too big of a problem, given its non-Beast restriction (Which I added because banishing the 1 Beast in the archetype gives too much card advantage)

Eonix, Veilor Timeforged

Level 3 DARK Machine Tuner

1300 ATK/1300 DEF

This card is also treated as a Psychic-type. If all monsters you control are "Veilor" monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Eonix, Veilor Timeforged" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned: You can shuffle up to 2 banished monsters into the Deck; banish monsters your opponent controls, until the End Phase, up to the number of cards shuffled. If this card is sent to the GY; banish it, then Special Summon 1 of your banished "Veilor" monsters, except "Eonix, Veilor Timeforged". You can only use each effect of "Eonix, Veilor Timeforged" once per turn.

Eonix is one I feel fairly good about. Its mandatory banishment effect can cause problems sometimes when you don't want to summon anything or don't have anything banished. The only thing of concern relates to summoning Luminis using Eonix, as it allows for the summon of 2 monsters quite easily, but this does require a tiny bit more than just summoning Luminis.

Maxwell, Veilor Eliminator

Level 3 DARK Psychic

1600 ATK/1300 DEF

(Quick Effect): You can shuffle 2 banished cards into the Deck; Special Summon this monster (from your hand). If this monster is Summoned: you can target 1 card on the field; banish that card and this face-up monster. During the End Phase, if this monster is banished; You can banish 1 LIGHT "Veilor" monster from your hand; Special Summon this monster. You can only use each effect of "Maxwell, Veilor Eliminator" once per turn.

Maxwell is a bit of an odd one here. He provides recurring removal in the End Phase, provided you have a LIGHT Veilor to banish. On top of that, it can act as Quick Effect removal when in your hand, if any cards are banished.

Blair, Veilor Timesworn

Level 4 LIGHT Psychic

1400 ATK/1500 DEF

If there is a banished monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Blair, Veilor Timesworn" once per turn this way. You can banish this card: Summon 1 "Blair, Veilor Time Warden" from your Deck. During the Standby Phase, you can shuffle 1 "Blair, Veilor Time Warden" you control or in your GY into the Deck; Special Summon this banished card, then banish 1 monster on the field until the next Standby Phase. You can only use each effect of "Blair, Veilor TImesworn" once per turn.

This Blair is one I'm still unsure of in terms of power level. She doesn't do anything on the field, but her summoning from Deck of the other Blair could be an issue. On top of that, her recursion from banishment is quite easy, even if it is something that usually won't do anything on your opponent's first turn, given you go first.

Eidos, Veilor Scientist

Level 4 LIGHT Psychic

1200 ATK/1600 DEF

If this card is Summoned: You return add 1 "Veilor" Spell card from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Eidos, Veilor Scientist" once per turn. While banished, this card's Attribute becomes DARK.

Eidos doesn't really do much. Presently, he's kind of weak. His on summon effect doesn't do much, and his effect while banished is only important for the summoning of 1 Fusion Monster within the archetype. Each Veilor monster has their own job, and I simply don't know what else Eidos could do, as a Scientist. His retrieval effect is him allowing for one of the Veilor gadgets, or sometimes the big machine, to be reused by Veilor. Not sure how to continue him, honestly

Lyra, Veilor Anomaly

Level 4 LIGHT Beast

This card is also treated as Psychic-type. (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card from each player's GY. Return those cards to their owner's hand during the next Standby Phase If this card is banished: You can shuffle it into the Deck; add 1 "Veilor" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Lyra, Veilor Anomaly".

Lyra... I'm unsure of what to do with. I had to change one of her effects to limit her power level, and while this seems more balanced than before, it feels somewhat underpowered now. Previously, she shared the summon effect of Eonix, allowing for an easy Special Summon, but I feel that provided too many monsters too easily, as well as made it easier to banish her.

Erin, Veilor Insider

Level 4 DARK Psychic

1700 ATK/1300 DEF

If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Veilor" Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Erin, Veilor Insider" once per turn. While there are 6 or more banished monsters, this card's Level is 9. If this card is banished: You can add 1 "Veilor" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Erin, Veilor Insider" twice per duel.

Erin is one I feel pretty good about. Her on summon doesn't search anything incredible, and her banish effect (which was once thrice per duel) feels pretty balanced with such a heavy restriction. Her on field effect doesn't come up much, due to how good this archetype is at recycling, which I feel is a bad thing, but I don't think it should be lowered.

Blair, Veilor Time Warden

Level 7 LIGHT Psychic

2600 ATK/2300 DEF

If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Veilor" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 monster from your field or GY; banish 1 monster your opponent controls. Return those cards to their owner's hand during the next Standby Phase. During the End Phase: You can shuffle this banished card into the Deck; add 1 of your banished "Veilor" monsters to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Blair, Veilor Time Warden" once per turn.

This version of Blair I can see being a problem due to the other one. Searching a Spell OR Trap allows more flexibility than Erin, and Blair is often easier to summon. However, the Spells and Traps of the archetype I feel aren't so incredible that this poses an immediate threat. Her on field effect could be an issue as well, but I think it's alright as it is. Her last effect isn't much to write home about, mostly just something to put the Garnet back in the Deck if it gets banished, since the Hand and Banish zone are the biggest challenges for other Blair (Since she can shuffle it from field or GY)

Helraz, Veilor Timekeeper

Level 7 LIGHT Psychic

2800 ATK/2100 DEF

If you control a Level 7 or higher "Veilor" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Helraz, Veilor Timekeeper" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish 1 card from both GYs; banish the top card of your Deck. Return the banished card's to their owner's hand during the next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "Helraz, Veilor Timekeeper" once per turn. If you Xyz Summon a monster, you can treat this card's level as 9.

Helraz is an interesting one. I lowered his power level, as I felt the free draw was too good, so I delayed it. I think the card is in a pretty good place, now.

Veris, Radiant Veilor

Level 9 LIGHT Psychic

2700 ATK/2300 DEF

If you control "Helraz, Veilor Timekeeper", you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Veris, Radiant Veilor" once per turn this way. During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Veilor Newbie Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100). You can Synchro Summon Synchro Monsters by sending 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner monster you control to the GY with a level difference equal to the Synchro Monster's level.

Veris is in an interesting position. He single-handedly can make one of the archetype's best cards, but the restriction of requiring Helraz does help quite a bit, I feel. The Subtraction Synchroing may be an unnecessary effect, but I felt it was needed to ensure the story and theme of the archetype stayed together.

Veilor Temporal Forge

Spell

You can Fusion Summon 1 "Veilor" Fusion Monster by banishing materials listed on it from the field, GYs, or by shuffling banished materials into the Deck. You can banish this card from your GY; return 1 of your banished "Veilor" cards to your hand, except "Veilor Temporal Forge".

The Forge I feel is a decent fusion spell for the archetype. It acts as a minor super poly, sure, but unless it's a mirror match, you can only summon 1 Fusion Monster using your opponents monsters, and you can only use 2 DARK monsters. The banishment effect isn't much to write home about, and honestly, I rarely ever use it, nor does it have much use

Veilor Gear - E.N.D.

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 "Veilor" monster you control, until the next End Phase; negate the effects of 1 card on the field, until end of turn.

The Veilor Gear cards are... still in development. The requirement of banishing a monster you control is enough that I feel this doesn't need a HOPT, but given the monsters do return, maybe that's in order.  E.N.D. is Epoch Nullification Device.

Veilor Gear - L.L.D.

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 "Veilor" monster you control, until the next End Phase; add 1 "Veilor" monster with the same Attribute and Level from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Veilor Gear - L.L.D." per turn.

L.L.D. is one of the cards I keep coming back to when it comes to effects. The idea behind the actual L.L.D. (Limited Looping Device) was to mimic the effect of "Veris, Veilor Looper" in a minor way, but that part of the effect has spread to all of the Veilor Gears. Given this, its effect seems a little out of place for the intended point of the Limited Looping Device.

Veilor Gear - P.T.D.

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 "Veilor" monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Veilor" monster with the same name from your Deck. Return the banished monster to your hand during the next Standby Phase. You can only activate 1 "Veilor Gear - P.T.D." per turn.

P.T.D. is another one I keep coming back to. The P.T.D. is a Portable Travel Device, intended to be a way for individual agents to be able to travel without the use of the Timeship. However, I don't have a good way of mimicking this effect, I feel. Its current effect is fine, I guess, but just not very flavorful.

Veilor Gear - S.S.D.

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 "Veilor" monster from your GY; destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. Return the banished card to your hand during the next Standby Phase. You can only activate 1 "Veilor Gear - S.S.D." per turn.

S.S.D. I think is fine. Veilors rarely hit the GY too often, so the option to destroy a Spell/Trap really doesn't come up often. It stands for System Shutdown Device

Veilor Betrayal

Trap

Banish 1 "Veilor" monster from your field or GY; destroy 1 card on the field. Return the banished monster to your hand during the next End Phase. You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 Level 7 or higher "Veilor" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Veilor Betrayal" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

I think Betrayal is in a good spot. It provides one of the only instances of destruction, as well as an option for permanent removal. The archetype interacts with temporary banishment and monsters to a point that without cards like Maxwell, S.S.D., and Betrayal, it would fall to any Spell or Trap focused deck. These cards present options to prevent instant losses, even if they aren't perfect.

Veilor Blueprints

Trap

If you control a "Veilor" monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can Special Summon 1 DARK "Veilor" monster from your Extra Deck, but return it to the Extra Deck during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Veilor Blueprints" per turn.

Blueprints is a card that I feel hits a flavor spot perfectly, while not being too good. Special Summoning a DARK "Veilor" only has 3 options. Option 1 does nothing but return a banished card to the GY in End Phase, option 2 bounces a monster and then is permanently banished, and option 3 can act as a blanket negate (but only if there are suitable targets for its first effect), or if summoned on your turn, can act as removal/retrieval up to 3 times.

Veilor Timequake

Trap

Shuffle all banished cards into the Decks, then banish 1 card your opponent controls or in their GY for each 4 cards shuffled. You can banish this card from your GY; banish your hand, then banish 1 card your opponent controls or in their GY for each card banished this way. Only use 1 "Veilor Timequake" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

The newest card for the archetype, and definitely one that raises questions. I feel like its first effect could maybe be lowered to every 3, but its in a good spot right now. The second effect, however, is a major point of questioning. I am entirely unsure of how good that effect is, as you sacrifice your entire hand, but it has potentional to be very bad. One possible thought is raising the ratio to 1:2 for banishment, so a 4 card hand would provide 2 banishes, but I'm unsure of that should be changed yet.

Taire, the Veilor Timer

Level 6 LIGHT Psychic Fusion

2800 ATK/2100 DEF

2 "Veilor" monsters
There is an additional Standby Phase after Main Phase 2. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 banished card into the Deck, then apply the following effect, based on the type of card shuffled: •Monster: Negate the effects of 1 monster on the field. •Spell: Banish 1 card on the field, until end of turn. •Trap: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Taire, the Veilor Timer" once per turn.

And now we get to the effects I'm really iffy about whether or not they should exist. Taire is the only easy to summon monster in the entire Extra Deck. Its first effect is... there. I'm unsure what to even think of it. Its second effect I feel is in a good spot, though.

Umbris, the Veilor Harbinger

Level 9 DARK Psychic Fusion

2900 ATK/2300 DEF

1 DARK "Veilor" monster + 2 DARK monsters
You can also Summon this card by shuffling the above materials that are banished into the Deck. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon)
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can banish all cards on the field, until the End Phase. During the End Phase: Return 1 banished card to the GY. If another monster is banished: You can Special Summon this banished card. You can only use each effect of "Umbris, the Veilor Harbinger" once per turn.

Umbris is one of the big bosses of the archetype. He's been very difficult to summon in all my matches so far, but when summoned (Without Blueprints), he wipes the board for a turn, and I'm pretty sure he resurrects if there are any monsters on the field when he does so. Other than that, his mandatory return effect can be used to prevent opponents from getting cards that were temporarily banished back, but it can sometimes pose problems due to not being optional, ending up with being forced to return cards you wanted to stay banished.

Luminis, Veilor Chronoseer

Level 7 LIGHT Psychic Synchro

2400 ATK/2800 DEF

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner "Veilor" monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned, you can apply the following effects, based on the number of "Veilor" monsters that are banished or in your GY:
•3+: Special Summon 1 "Veiler" monster that is banished or in your GY.
•6+: Draw 1 card.
•9+: Banish 2 cards your opponent controls.
If this card is sent to the GY: Shuffle it into the Extra Deck, then banish 1 "Veilor" monster from your GY. Return that monster to your hand during the next Standby Phase. You can only use each effect of "Luminis, Veilor Chronoseer" once per turn.

Luminis I feel is in a decent position. The most I usually get out of her is the Special Summon, and I've yet to see a game where I have 9+ when I summon her. As for her second effect, I think it's decent. Not too good, not too bad, just there. It exists and can be useful.

Veris, Veilor Looper

Level 8 DARK Psychic Synchro

3000 ATK/2300 DEF

1 "Veilor" Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Summoned: You can return 1 card on the field to the hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 monster from either GY. Return that monster to it's owner's hand during the next End Phase. If this card would leave the field, banish it instead. If this card is banished: Special Summon it during the next End Phase.

Looper is the other boss of the archetype. I don't think he's too powerful, honestly. I've played in casual settings with this card, and while none of my opponents have ever really proper outs to Looper that kept him gone, I believe there are many ways he could be dealt with in a competitive setting.

Nova-7, Veilor Timeship

Rank 7 LIGHT Machine Xyz

2700 ATK/2600 DEF

2+ Level 7 "Veilor" monsters
The Draw Phase occurs after Main Phase 1. If a monster you control would be destroyed: Detach 1 material from this card; banish that monster until the next Standby Phase instead. During the Standby Phase, you can attach 1 banished monster to this card as material. You can only use the previous effect of "Nova-7, Veilor Timeship" once per turn.

Nova... is the other effect I'm unsure if it should exist. But I've kept the effect so far. Its mandatory protection effect I feel is in a good place.

Abyss-9, Veilor Voidcruiser

Rank 9 DARK Machine Xyz

3200 ATK/2300 DEF

3 Level 9 "Veilor" monsters
If this card is Special Summoned without materials, you can attach up to 3 monsters that are banished or in your GY to this card as material. You can detach 1 material from this card; banish 1 card on the field or in your GY, but return it to its owner's hand during the next End Phase. (Quick Effect): You can detach 2 materials from this card; negat the effects of all monsters your opponent controls until the next End Phase. You can only use the previous effect of "Abyss-9, Veilor Voidcruiser" once per turn.

This card I feel is in a potentionally awkward position. It's very unlikely you'll summon it normally, as the only possible materials are Erin, who requires there to be 6 or more banished monsters, Helraz, Umbris, and Veris, Radiant Veilor. However, it's easy to summon using Blueprints, and can act as a blanket negate provided there are 2 monsters you can attach to it on summon.

Edited by Linx Fyre
Forgot to put ATK and DEF values when posting the cards

Changes/New Cards

Blair, Veilor Timesworn

Changed the summoning condition to require there to be 3 or more banished monsters.

I feel that Blair's summoning condition is far too easy to achieve even here, but at the very least now you'd need to put in some amount of effort.

Eidos, Veilor Scientist

Added an effect when banished that allows you to banish 3 Veilor monsters from your Deck, then your opponent chooses 1 to add to your hand.

This effect is still in some testing, but it's pretty useful. Most of the possible banish targets aren't game breaking to get sent here, and Lyra's the only card that allows you to search off of this effect (assuming they don't add her to your hand).

Erin, Veilor Insider

Changed the condition of her on banish effect to not trigger when banished from the Deck.

This condition was added on when I realized how easy it would be to banish both Lyra and Erin from the Deck and guarantee at least 1 search, if not 2. It also helps when using Helraz, as his banish off the top no longer triggers Erin.

Veris, Radiant Veilor

Changed the wording of his subtraction synchroing effect to make it better reflect what it is intended to do.

No notes here.

Veilor Temporal Forge

Changed its effect to only use monsters from your field or GY, or either banish zone. Added a HOPT to both effects.

The change to its fusion targets is both done for balance and for flavor. The HOPT was intended originally and I just forgot it.

Veilor Gear - E.N.D.

Gave this Gear a HOPT as well.

No notes here.

Veilor Timequake

Changed its GY effect to 1 card for every 2 cards banished from hand.

Its power level when banishing a hand of 5-6 cards felt too extreme, so I limited how much it could banish.

Luminis, Veilor Chronoseer

I didn't actually change anything with her, but I experimented with lowering the 6 and 9 requirements to 5 and 7. Turns out, that's entirely unnecessary now.

Taire, Veilor Overtaker

Level 10 LIGHT Psychic Fusion

3000 ATK/2300 DEF

"Taire, the Veilor Timer" + "Umbris, the Veilor Harbinger"
Must first be Special Summoned by shuffling the above cards that are banished, on the field, or in either GY into the Extra Deck.
There is an additional Battle Phase after the Standby Phase. (Quick Effect): You can choose one: Banish 1 monster your opponent controls, then this card gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK, OR banish 1 monster from your opponent's GY, then this card gains DEF equal to that monster's DEF. You can only use this effect of "Taire, Veilor Overtaker" once per turn. If this card would leave the field, you can banish 1 "Veilor" monster from your field or GY instead. Return the banished card to your hand during the next End Phase.

Overtaker is a new fusion. I'm still thinking on changing its Quick Effect, as this just doesn't seem powerful enough, but I'm unsure still.

Veris, Time Ascendant

Level 1 DARK Psychic Synchro

3300 ATK/2300 DEF

1 "Veilor" Tuner + 1 DARK "Veilor" non-Tuner monster
(This card is always treated as a "Veilor" card)
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Chains resolve in reverse order. You can banish 1 monster your opponent controls or in their GY, and if you do, banish all cards with the same name from their hand, Deck, field, or GY. You can only use this effect of "Veris, Time Ascendant" once per turn. Once per chain, if your opponent activates a monster effect: You can negate all other card effects in the chain.

Ascendant is.... likely problematic. It forces chains to resolve backwards, from CL1 up. And if your opponent activates a monster effect, Ascendant can lock out the rest of the chain. His removal effect I don't think is all that bad. Him being a level 1 synchro does make him difficult to summon, though. The only ways to summon him, given the restriction of DARK Veilor non-Tuner, is having Radiant on the field, and then either having Eonix and Erin, or Maxwell and Lyra, or just a Looper on the field as well. If this proves to be more lax, I might force the materials into Radiant and Looper specifically, but I'm unsure.

Eonix, Untamed Veilor

Rank 3 DARK Machine Xyz

2300 ATK/1300 DEF

2+ Level 3 "Veilor" monsters
This card is also treated as Psychic-type. If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can banish 1 "Veilor" Monster from your Deck, draw 1 card. You can banish 1 "Veilor" card from your hand or GY, then detach 1 material from this card; apply one of the following effects: Special Summon 1 banished 1 "Veilor" monster with a different name OR add 1 "Veilor" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Eonix, Untamed Veilor" once per turn. While this card is banished: There is an additional Draw Phase before the End Phase.

Untamed is an interesting little starter for the Deck. Its on Xyz effect used to banish the Veilor as cost, but I feel the banish from Deck with no chance of negation would be too much. Its effect while banished is interesting, and I feel helps balance out the card, as well as shows the original Eonix's mandatory effect quite well. Most of the time, Untamed will end up banished on your opponent's turn, meaning they will get an additional draw before you, if you do at all.

Edited by Linx Fyre

• 8 months later...