What do you think of Konami's new direction?

The title is a little misleading tho as i have no idea whether Konami always gave old cards support xD

1. What do you think of the new legacy support? (Horus, Destiny Board, and Dark World)

2. What's an archetype you wish they would release new support for and why?

3. In what form would that support be?

You don't have to answer all questions obviously, let's discuss :)

Edited by FrostBK

1. I think most recent legacy support is fine. Dark World stuff is great, although I wish it didn't devolve into a toxic handbook combo. I've been a Dark World player for a long time and I've always preferred it as a grindy control deck.

We haven't seen much from Horus, but the cards are cool. My issue is that it's too generic, right away everybody's talking about "rank 8 engine", which I hate. Why can't we ever have a good archetype that plays as a standalone deck instead of everything being engines.

All in all, legacy support is good, but just like most modern Yugioh, everything is too generic and abusable and even the coolest things turn into toxic FTKs, loops, or unbreakable boards. They need to take a step back and think about deck identity before they make negate #328, floodgate #245, or abusable engine #432.

2. Mayakashi. It's my favourite archetype and the only support it got in 5 years is a turn skip trap that doesn't even help the deck, and the link 3, which is actually really good. What mayakashi needs isn't some garbage turn skip. What they need is another good tuner (my idea is Yuki-musume effect on a tuner, but foolish a spell/trap instead of a monster), a continuous spell similar to Mayakashi Mayhem, and a field spell with protection against non-destruction removal.

Another of my favourites that hasn't gotten support in years is Subterror. It got terrors in the hidden city, which is nice protection, but its not enough. Subterrors are severely lacking in mass removal of face-up cards and without guru, run out of steam almost immediately. I want extra deck monsters, specifically, ones that can revive, destroy face up cards, and protect face-down cards. A card that can search Hidden City cards and maybe a couple new Subterror traps like Final Battle.

3. I guess I already answered that in 2 :)

Edited by KH911