Gimmick Puppet Lock and similar locks

I just saw the new Master Duel banlist where they banned Branded Expulsion and it just occured to me there's one simple rule they can implement that fixes all similar kinds of summon locks: Basically, instead of affecting the current controller of the card, the summon lock affects the player who summoned it. For example, if I Branded Expulsion to summon Gimmick Puppet Nightmare to my opponent's field, I cannot special summon for the rest of the turn, but my opponent is completely unaffected. The goal of these restrictions (Gimmick Puppet Nightmare, Ra's Disciple, etc.) is to enforce a restriction to stop them from being abused, but instead, they get summoned on the opponent's field and stop them from playing. But with this rule, you can't do that anymore, in fact, you're actually paying the cost of summoning those monsters like you should.

On this note, I also wanted to bring up summon floodgates like Rivalry, Gozen, TCBOO, etc. Let's say opponent has Rivalry face-up, and I control a Fairy. I want to tribute the Fairy to summon a Fiend. But for some god forsaken reason Konami decided that Rivalry stops that. Even though the text says "You can only control 1 type", you can't actually tribute/synchro/xyz/link. This is dumb. You tribute BEFORE you summon, so the Fairy leaves the field and when the Fiend is summoned, you still only control 1 type. The same logic applies to every other floodgate too, if you're tributing a monster on the field to summon a monster of a different type/attribute/whatever, the monster that's being tributed SHOULD NOT COUNT towards the restriction anymore.

What do you guys think of this? As for as I know, there's no significant downsides to this and all it does is make the game healthier. Or maybe it's a terrible idea for a reason I'm not seeing. Either way, I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Edited by KH911