Some of my old Odd-Eyes support

Rongaulius

Odd-Eyes is one of my all-time favorite archetypes.  It has a bright aesthetic and involves big dragons and Pendulum Summoning - a perfect mashup.  Over the years I've drawn quite a large number of support cards for the archetype, and I'll post some of them here for funsies.

Up first is a later iteration of one of the first cards I ever tried to draw for the archetype. 

Odd-Eyes Renegade Dragon - Dragon/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect, DARK, 8*, ATK 3200, DEF 2500.
Monster Effect: 2 Level 8 "Odd-Eyes" monsters. (Quick Effect:) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Odd-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zone; Destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that monster's original ATK, then, if you destroyed a Level/Rank 7 or higher monster card by this effect, you can banish 1 card your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Renegade Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Pendulum Effect: If your opponent activates a card or effect that targets an "Odd-Eyes" card(s) you control: You can destroy 1 "Odd-Eyes" card you control, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, then you can attach 1 card from your GY to this card as Xyz Material.

Odd-EyesRenegadeDragon.thumb.jpeg.0c3873a8a17be9707b3f1508612b1f9f.jpeg

This card went through several different artworks and even more effects before resulting in what you see.  The effect is intended to accomplish several things at once; first of all, it actually gives the deck an interaction during the opponent's turn that isn't Vortex Dragon.  I'm not really a fan of generic negations, either, so I didn't just want to slap a negate on this thing.   Instead, it does some things Yuya might have done in his enraged state, hence the own-card-nuke and burn effect followed by removing a problem card from the game. That effect also helps clear a Pendulum zone in case this card gets nuked itself.  Then, as a Pendulum, it gains a way to revive itself while also gaining another chance to use its nuke/burn/banish effect.

Up next is a card I concocted to help the deck actually make Renegade Dragon.

Rank-Up Magic Odd-Eyes Onslaught - Quick-Play Spell. Target 1 "Odd-EYes" Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 "Odd-Eyes" Xyz Monster that is the same Rank as or 1 Rank higher than the targeted monster, using the targeted monster as the entire material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer materials to the Summoned monster.)  You can only activate "Rank-Up Magic Odd-Eyes Onslaught" once per turn.

RUMOdd-EyesOnslaught.thumb.jpg.797c2da8ded8e3646ae2b519e5a657a1.jpg

This card was an enabler for not only summoning Renegade Dragon, but also getting Raging Dragon and Rebellion Dragon out with their effects turned on.  Now there's Overlord as well that can technically get out Rebellion Dragon with its effects active, but that still leaves Raging Dragon out in the cold.  There may be some Rank-Up spells that could accomplish what this card does, but none of them would be searchable within the Odd-Eyes archetype.  Or you can use Xiangke Magician...but that's REALLY clunky and that's more of a Pendulum Magician card than an Odd-Eyes card.  I've tried to make that work but it's just too inefficient. Hence an archetypal Rank-Up spell.

Continuing the Xyz theme, this is my own retrain of Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon.  It's also Rank 7, so it doesn't need the Rank-Up spell or force you to run Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon and/or Lancer Dragon, or what have you.

Odd-Eyes Dark Requiem Dragon - Dragon/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect, DARK, Rank 7, ATK 3000, DEF 2500.
Monster Effect: 4 Level 7 "Odd-Eyes" monsters.  Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Odd-Eyes Dark Requiem Dragon" using 1 Rank 7 "Odd-Eyes" Xyz Monster you control as the entire Xyz material (transfer materials to this card). Once per turn, if an opponent's monster effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; negate that activation, and if you do, change that monster's ATK to 0, and if you do that, negate that monster's effects until the end of this turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone.

Pendulum Effect: If an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" or "Xyz Dragon" Xyz Monster from your GY or face-up Extra Deck, also halve any battle damage you take this turn. You can use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Dark Requiem Dragon" up to twice per turn.

Odd-EyesDarkRequiemDragon.thumb.jpeg.4919a34a8f70e91bc9a68eb66bbd3eba.jpeg

This is literally just a retrain of Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon that works in the Odd-Eyes archetype.  That's it. Its summoning mechanic is intended to reference the OG Dark Requiem gaining its effects from being Summoned using Dark Rebellion, and its effects are powered-up versions of Dark Requiem, reimagined in Pendulum form.

This is one of the earliest Odd-Eyes cards I ever tried to draw.  It's gone through probably five or six different variations, sometimes as a Link 1. 

Odd-Eyes Aurora Wyvern - Dragon/Link/Pendulum/Effect, DARK, Link-2, ATK 1900.
Monster Effect: 2 "Odd-Eyes" monsters. You can only Link Summon "Odd-Eyes Aurora Wyvern" once per turn. If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 "Sky Iris" card or 1 "Spiral Flame" card from your Deck or GY to your hand, but for the rest of this turn you can only activate 1 card with that added card's name. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 other "Odd-Eyes" monster from your hand, GY, or face-up in your Extra Deck, then you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Aurora Wyvern" once per turn.

Pendulum Effect: If this card is placed in your Pendulum Zone, during the End Phase of this turn you can add 1 "Spiral Flame" card or 1 "Odd-Eyes" card from your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand. If this card or a face-up "Odd-Eyes" card(s) you control is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can draw 1 card. You can only use each Pendulum Effect of "Od-Eyes Aurora Wyvern" once per turn.

Odd-EyesAuroraWyvern(1).thumb.jpeg.65c0b8b75c7e6bfe2249040e1556c87d.jpeg

At first, it was essentially just Electrumite in Odd-Eyes form...but there's a reason Electrumite got banned back in the day.  That led to some fairly linear play, so instead I ended up making it much more similar to Striker Dragon or Salamangreat Balelynx.  Since Link-1's are absurdly powerful compared with Link-2's, I also ended up making this card a Link-2 because of just how busted it proved to be as an L1.  This card is still a powerhouse in casual play, thanks to the massive amount of utility it provides for the deck.

This is yet ANOTHER card I tried drawing for years but could never get quite right: An Odd-Eyes Link-3 or higher monster.

Odd-Eyes Dark Phantasm Dragon - Dragon/Link/Pendulum/Effect, DARK, Link-3, ATK 2800.
Monster Effect: 2+ "Odd-Eyes" monsters. If you can Pendulum Summon Level 7, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. If this card is Link Summoned, you can destroy 1 card on the field, then, if you control "Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon", you can make this card gain 1200 ATK for every "Odd-Eyes" card in your Pendulum Zones. Once per turn, you can move this card to an unoccupied Monster Zone you control, also you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters this turn, except "Odd-Eyes" monsters. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone.

Pendulum Effect: If this card is placed in your Pendulum Zone, you can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or GY, and if you do, it gains 1200 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, you can place 1 "Odd-Eyes" Pendulum Monster from your Deck or GY in your other Pendulum Zone, then you can increase or decrease this card's Pendulum Scale by that card's Pendulum Scale. You can only use each effect of "Odd-Eyes Dark Phantasm Dragon" once per turn.

Odd-EyesDarkPhantasmDragon.thumb.jpeg.ad6002cb4db5f0e4d3249db9658ee619.jpeg

This card began life as a non-Pendulum Link 4 with three down-pointing arrows and a quick effect that lets you Pendulum Summon.  That was...kinda busted on a boss monster with destruction immunity.  Even taking away the protection left it too powerful.  I eventually scrapped the Link idea for a couple years, but it was always in the back of my mind.

Early this year I drew some Crystal Beast support for my wife's deck (which will be posted sometime), and one of the cards was a big boss monster that could revive itself again and again, each time with more and more attack.  Not impossible for most decks to deal with, but Odd-Eyes struggled to do so even with custom support.  That was when I remembered my Link-3/4 idea, and also Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon's ability to gain ATK.  Phantom isn't good in most Odd-Eyes decks, but after some experimentation, I came up with this card that gives you a good reason to play Phantom.  It can also climb to 5200 ATK fairly easily, which is more than enough to thoroughly cook most boss monsters. That said, this was never really intended to be the final or only boss monster you'd field in a Duel, so it still had three link arrows.  It can only use two at once unless it's below an EMZ and there's nothing in that EMZ, so at most, you'll be able to revive 3 monsters from your Extra Deck in one Pendulum Summon.  That helps keep it far more balanced than the original iteration.  It still allows counter-play thanks to having no inbuilt protection, but its Pendulum effect helps lessen the impact of having this card removed from the field.

Moving on to the Main Deck, we'll start with two of my most recent creations: Odd-Eyes Dark Fury Dragon, and Odd-Eyes Bright Hope Dragon.

Odd-Eyes Dark Fury Dragon - Dragon/Pendulum/Effect, DARK, 7*, ATK 2500, DEF 0.
Monster Effect:  You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing by paying 2000 LP. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 Level 7 or higher "Odd-Eyes" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Dark Fury Dragon" once per turn. If your opponent activates a card or effect in response to your "Odd-Eyes" card or effect activation, you can pay 1000 LP; negate that effect, and if you do, banish that opponent's card. During the End Phase, if you activated this effect this turn: Halve your LP.

Pendulum Effect:  You cannot Summon monsters, except "Odd-Eyes" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you Pendulum Summon an "Odd-Eyes" monster(s): You can pay 2000 LP; draw 2 cards, then banish 2 cards from your hand.  You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Dark Fury Dragon" once per turn.

Odd-EyesDarkFuryDragon-Cardv2.2.thumb.jpg.1d017f770613aa4f2fb6e79451e076f5.jpg

Odd-Eyes Bright Hope Dragon - Dragon/Pendulum/Effect, LIGHT, 7*, ATK 2000, DEF 500.
Monster Effect: If this card is in your hand, you can Special Summon this card and 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster card from your Pendulum Zone, but that monster cannot activate its effects on the field this turn, also gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK. You can only activate this effect of "Odd-Eyes Bright Hope Dragon" once per turn. An "Odd-Eyes" Xyz Monster with this card as Xyz Material gains this effect:
Once per turn: You can Xyz Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" Xyz Monster with the same Rank as this card, using this card as the entire Xyz Material (Xyz Materials are transferred to that monster), and if you do, that monster gains 1000 ATK/DEF.

Pendulum Effect:  You cannot Summon monsters, except "Odd-Eyes" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. If you Pendulum Summon an "Odd-Eyes" monster(s): You can gain 500 LP for every "Odd-Eyes" monster you control, then you can add 1 "Odd-Eyes" card from your GY or face-up Extra Deck to your hand for every 1000 LP gains by this effect. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Bright Hope Dragon" once per turn.

Odd-EyesBrightHopeDragon-Card.thumb.jpg.e953317977ec1ecd1a39690753432194.jpg

These two monsters represent opposing emotions, namely fury and hope (obviously...heh).  Dark Fury Dragon represents the desire to win at any cost, even at the cost of one's own life, by paying LP to power through any attempt at interruption.  Whereas Bright Hope Dragon is the opposite, helping rebuild your field while replenishing your LP. It also allows you to turn any Odd-Eyes Xyz monster into either Raging Dragon or Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, with their effects turned on.  This card was drawn almost two years after I drew RUM Odd-Eyes Onslaught, and it's just inherently stronger.  But, it doesn't act at Spell Speed 2 so there's still a place for each one.  These are, overall, two of my favorite personal drawings for the Odd-Eyes archetype.

Here's another oldie: Odd-Eyes Iceheart Dragon.

Odd-Eyes Iceheart Dragon - Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect, WATER, 7*, ATK 2200, DEF 2300.
Monster Effect: 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster + 1 WATER monster. (Quick Effect:) You can target 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster you control; double that target's current ATK, until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Iceheart Dragon" once per turn. At Attack Declaration, if this card battles an opponent's monster: Negate the effects of that opponent's monster, including in the GY, even if this card leaves the field. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed, you can place it in your Pendulum Zone.

Pendulum Effect:  You can target 1 "Odd-Eyes" Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monster you control; double that target's current ATK, and if you do, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects when that monster battles. These effects last until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Iceheart Dragon" once per turn.

Odd-EyesIceheartDragon.thumb.jpeg.e0bb174fbb74b54201a41d456433429d.jpeg

Like most of these cards, this one was first drawn back in 2020 or 2021 (can't remember) and looked a bit different than it now does.  The idea for this card really didn't change much over the years, unlike some of my other cards.  It's an easy-to-summon monster that can be cheated out handily with Absolute Dragon's floating effect, and what it does, it does well.  It can turn other Odd-Eyes monsters into towering behemoths with 5k ATK (or use its effect on a powered-up Dark Phantasm Dragon to reach 10k ATK), but what it's really intended to do is boost itself to 4400 and then wipe out an opponent's monster that is otherwise very problematic to deal with.  It turns them off almost permanently, also, as their GY effects are also halted by Iceheart even if Iceheart itself is subsequently removed.

Since that's Iceheart's sole purpose, its Pendulum Effect mirrors its Monster effect albeit with somewhat less power.