cards i made, pls give advice

kingofghosts0

Ok, the Dragon is ASKING to be banned, 9000 ATK?! AND IT CAN BANISH EVERYTHING?! DEAR LORD!! I normally don't do competitive oppinions, but, yeah, The Dragon NEEDS TO BE ERRATAED!!

Also, you add that they need 2+ Fusions, but Fusions don't have the mechanic were you can use it self as multiple materials, LINKS DO!!

Also 0 and 13 are really good scales, and need SOME limitations

Divine Dragon of the Pendulum has a number of problems with its effects.  Firstly, Pendulum monsters don't go to the GY when destroyed on the field.  They go face-up in the Extra Deck.  This card has an effect it is literally impossible to activate or resolve.  Secondly, all Extra Deck monsters that are also Pendulums must have a way to place themselves in the Pendulum Zones, since you can't just place then there like main-deck Pendulums.  Thus this card's Pendulum effects are also impossible to use since this card has no way to enter the Pendulum Zone.  And even if it does, the effect it has is Continuous and does not activate, thus its activation cannot be negated.

As far as your Normal Pendulums, even having a summoning restrictions counts as an effect.  Those monsters are effect monsters, not Normal monsters.

Your Mud Counter effect is similar to what Konami tried Yeats ago with Ice Counters and Fog Counters.  They never got it quite right and the only remotely successful Counter Deck thus far has been Endymion.  As far as useful effects go, for casual or competitive play, decreasing or increasing attack is usually not a particularly powerful mechanic.  On Tribute-summon monsters, you'll be stuck with cards in your hand that you just can't play since you've no way to get them on the field.

Your big Pendulum dragons have effects that seem intended to allow you to play right through any opposing strategy, and/or stop them altogether.  You'll find that, if you actually play those cards, they'll be boring to play and frustrating to play against.  I've made strategies that can do precisely that, and found that I might as well just go play Solitaire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

Divine Dragon of the Pendulum has a number of problems with its effects.  Firstly, Pendulum monsters don't go to the GY when destroyed on the field.  They go face-up in the Extra Deck.  This card has an effect it is literally impossible to activate or resolve.  Secondly, all Extra Deck monsters that are also Pendulums must have a way to place themselves in the Pendulum Zones, since you can't just place then there like main-deck Pendulums.  Thus this card's Pendulum effects are also impossible to use since this card has no way to enter the Pendulum Zone.  And even if it does, the effect it has is Continuous and does not activate, thus its activation cannot be negated.

As far as your Normal Pendulums, even having a summoning restrictions counts as an effect.  Those monsters are effect monsters, not Normal monsters.

Your Mud Counter effect is similar to what Konami tried Yeats ago with Ice Counters and Fog Counters.  They never got it quite right and the only remotely successful Counter Deck thus far has been Endymion.  As far as useful effects go, for casual or competitive play, decreasing or increasing attack is usually not a particularly powerful mechanic.  On Tribute-summon monsters, you'll be stuck with cards in your hand that you just can't play since you've no way to get them on the field.

Your big Pendulum dragons have effects that seem intended to allow you to play right through any opposing strategy, and/or stop them altogether.  You'll find that, if you actually play those cards, they'll be boring to play and frustrating to play against.  I've made strategies that can do precisely that, and found that I might as well just go play Solitaire.

oh ya my bad i forgot to update the pendulum's effects because i was thinking of things i wanted to do with other cards when i was typing it up but thanks for the input

• kingofghosts0 changed the title to cards i made, pls give advice
On 11/8/2023 at 2:22 PM, Drake Finley said:

Ok, the Dragon is ASKING to be banned, 9000 ATK?! AND IT CAN BANISH EVERYTHING?! DEAR LORD!! I normally don't do competitive oppinions, but, yeah, The Dragon NEEDS TO BE ERRATAED!!

Also, you add that they need 2+ Fusions, but Fusions don't have the mechanic were you can use it self as multiple materials, LINKS DO!!

Also 0 and 13 are really good scales, and need SOME limitations

thank you for your input, i was thinking of something else i wanted to do with a different card when i made it, i changed the effect and changed other things also, pls rate them for me