[ Custom Card ] Ok imagine Dark Ruler No More, but on steroids

Kitirto

• Kitirto changed the title to [ Custom Card ] Ok imagine Dark Ruler No More, but on steroids

I never see (Quick Effect) on Normal Spell Card..hehe

Idk, maybe it will better if that your card is Trap or Quick Spell Card. Sounds like Counter Trap Card.

Denial of Cards

[Counter Trap Card]

If your opponent activate card or effect: You can banish 7 cards from your Deck; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card and all copy of that card from the GY, Hand, Deck/Extra Deck. Your opponent cannot activate card or effect in response to this card activation. You can only activate 1 "Denial of Cards" per turn.

my verse HeHe

Quick effects don't exist on Spell Cards.  Quick Effects are Spell Speed 2, and the equivalent for spells would be Quick-Play. This card is actually Spell Speed 4, as it cannot be reacted to.

As for the effect, it's extremely toxic.  Dark Ruler No More is used for exactly one thing, and that is breaking otherwise unbreakable boards. It also has the downside of preventing you from OTK-ing if you use it, and while monster effects cannot be chained to it, spells and traps can still stop it.

This card shuts down one whole card type for the turn and does so with negligible cost.  This is a solitaire card if ever I've seen one. You can't play around it. You can't stop it. All you can do is hope your opponent doesn't have it. 

The idea of banishing 7 cards being a heavy cost is certainly a heavy cost, but banishing 10 wasn't too much to make Pot of Desires see heavy play. This card lets you pick and choose the banish targets. You'd see this in decks with high card counts, hoping to be the first one to draw it because you'd automatically win once you did. In fact it would probably distort Deck-building around itself, making 50-60 card decks the new normal just to mitigate the cost of activating it.

It's Dark Ruler on steroids, I grant you.  It's also something the game should never have.

8 hours ago, Rongaulius said:

Quick effects don't exist on Spell Cards.  Quick Effects are Spell Speed 2, and the equivalent for spells would be Quick-Play. This card is actually Spell Speed 4, as it cannot be reacted to.

As for the effect, it's extremely toxic.  Dark Ruler No More is used for exactly one thing, and that is breaking otherwise unbreakable boards. It also has the downside of preventing you from OTK-ing if you use it, and while monster effects cannot be chained to it, spells and traps can still stop it.

This card shuts down one whole card type for the turn and does so with negligible cost.  This is a solitaire card if ever I've seen one. You can't play around it. You can't stop it. All you can do is hope your opponent doesn't have it. 

The idea of banishing 7 cards being a heavy cost is certainly a heavy cost, but banishing 10 wasn't too much to make Pot of Desires see heavy play. This card lets you pick and choose the banish targets. You'd see this in decks with high card counts, hoping to be the first one to draw it because you'd automatically win once you did. In fact it would probably distort Deck-building around itself, making 50-60 card decks the new normal just to mitigate the cost of activating it.

It's Dark Ruler on steroids, I grant you.  It's also something the game should never have.

8 hours ago, Yuma Kaiba said:

I never see (Quick Effect) on Normal Spell Card..hehe

Idk, maybe it will better if that your card is Trap or Quick Spell Card. Sounds like Counter Trap Card.

Denial of Cards

[Counter Trap Card]

If your opponent activate card or effect: You can banish 7 cards from your Deck; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card and all copy of that card from the GY, Hand, Deck/Extra Deck. Your opponent cannot activate card or effect in response to this card activation. You can only activate 1 "Denial of Cards" per turn.

my verse HeHe

Fixed, errata'd the text and it's a quick-play spell now