"Deployment Rotation" - Borrel/Rokket Support.

Afanis

(Edit: Card's been updated due to several issues I hadn't noticed before posting)

It's a real shame Rokkets/Borrels don't work well as a pure deck, and are simply used an engines, so this my attempt to fix that as best as I can (by using only one card). One of the major problems with the deck is using up all its rokkets to go into the Link Monsters, which means there aren't any left over for said Link Monsters to use. This card would fix this by essentially allowing you to bring out 4 more Rokkets for support for the rest of this round, by Link Summoning a Borrel monster, and then switching it out with the Link 4 you wanted, and using this card's effect to Special Summon said Rokkets. Or, if you are bricked, you can equip this card to one of lower Borrel Links and use it as extension.

The second problem of the deck is the fact that your Borrel monsters can only target a single monster each turn, and in the case of Borrelend, that monster will probably not even be a rokket monster you control. With this card's  "switch out" mechanic, you'd be able to cycle through your different Borrels to constantly apply their effects. So you could say, end on Borrelend, negate an opponent's monster, then tag out that Borrelend for a Borreload, and at the same time Special Summon 4 rokkets to start firing. Then, during your turn, you can use your remaining materials to bounce back into a Borrelend if you wish.

Plus, if played right, this card gives you the possibility to end both on a Link 4 AND Borrelend, allowing you to utilize this archetype's actual strategy finally.

I still fear that the card will be a little OP for Dragon link, but I'm hoping the restriction of making you run multiple different Rokkets, being a brick on opening hand since Borrelend comes near the end of the combo, and locking into DARKS will be enough.

Imagedsa.png

Edited by Afanis
  • Like 1

Now I'm not the one to judge on game balance but I have one critique. Where's the hard once per turn on all its effects, as its only a soft once per turn as of rn. The reason I bring it up is that if you have multiple copies in your hand and something like Twin Twisters, you can activate 2 in one turn, resetting the effect

Other then that, amazing card for stuff like Dragon Link and other decks that can accompany Dark Dragons

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Phantasm12778 said:

Now I'm not the one to judge on game balance but I have one critique. Where's the hard once per turn on all its effects, as its only a soft once per turn as of rn. The reason I bring it up is that if you have multiple copies in your hand and something like Twin Twisters, you can activate 2 in one turn, resetting the effect

Other then that, amazing card for stuff like Dragon Link and other decks that can accompany Dark Dragons

You're right on the HOPT lol, I added that! And I'm glad you liked the idea!

• Like 2