Experimental Summon Mechanic: Enhance Monsters and Enhance Summon

Mechanic is not mine. 

Military green frames, example below

To perform an Enhance Summon, you must send 1 monster, that is equipped with an Equip Card listed in the text of the Enhance Monster you wish to Summon, from your field to the GY.
Equip Cards refer not just to Equip Spell Cards, but also Union Monsters, monsters that can equip on other monsters via their effect (see "Armory Arm", as well as the "Inzektor" archetype) and/or Normal Trap Cards that can be treated as Equip Spell Cards (like "Metalmorph".)

Arming

Enhance Monsters have a built-in mechanic called Arming. To Arm, the turn player can, once per turn, place exactly 1 Equip Spell from your GY underneath the appropriate Enhance Monster (sorta like an Overlay Unit, and like Overlay Units, there is no limit on the number of Equip Spells that can be Armed to a monster at a time. Just remember that it can only be done mechanically once per turn). A monster that is Armed gains all the effects of the card it is Armed with. For example, if you Arm a monster with "Gravity Axe - Grarl", it will gain 500 ATK and prevents your opponent's monsters from changing their battle positions. Arming can also be performed by card effects.

Disarming

Enhance Monsters have another mechanic called Disarming. To Disarm, you need to send an Equip Spell that is Armed to an Enhance Monster you control to the GY. Armed Equip Spells cannot be Disarmed as a cost to activate cards or effects (unlike Overlay Units)

In addition, I’m making a fic centered around these cards, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARM-Z (Z is read as Zero)

Example: Graphite Blader, Yuki Kuno’s Ace monster (Yuki Kuno is the MC of ARM-Z)

B77C2922-9D68-4979-A1AF-2DF1029CE02A.png

Edited by weedle is op cute
  • Like 1

• weedle is op cute changed the title to Experimental Summon Mechanic: Enhance Monsters and Enhance Summon
On 1/29/2024 at 9:37 AM, weedle is op cute said:

To Disarm, you need to send an Equip Spell that is Armed to an Enhance Monster you control to the GY. Armed Equip Spells cannot be Disarmed as a cost to activate cards or effects (unlike Overlay Units)

Well, unless there are effects that punish you for stockpiling them, reward you for dumping them, or require a monster to be unarmed, I don't see the reason for an enhance monster to ever be disarmed.

I will be posting its cards at the very least

Characters and Decks so far
Yuki Kuno (MC) - Graphite/EARTH Warrior (amusingly enough, one of his Equips is based on Phoenix Blade)
Daigo (Deuteragonist) - Primordrake
Masato (Tritagonist) - Sharp Shooter (the space is relevant for some reason)
Akai Magia (Female lead) - Magillanica (WATER Spellcaster, playstyle unknown)
Berlinette - deck based off Freezing Beast/Burning Beast
"Raregold" and "Metalsilver" (bounty hunters that come to those aliases) run decks based off of Raregold Armor and Metalsilver Armor, respectively
"Preciplatinum" is their commander running an Equip that is called Preciplatinum Armor

Edited by weedle is op cute
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, weedle is op cute said:

I will be posting its cards at the very least

Characters and Decks so far
Yuki Kuno (MC) - Graphite/EARTH Warrior (amusingly enough, one of his Equips is based on Phoenix Blade)
Daigo (Deuteragonist) - Primordrake
Masato (Tritagonist) - Sharp Shooter (the space is relevant for some reason)
Akai Magia (Female lead) - Magillanica (WATER Spellcaster, playstyle unknown)
Berlinette - deck based off Freezing Beast/Burning Beast
"Raregold" and "Metalsilver" (bounty hunters that come to those aliases) run decks based off of Raregold Armor and Metalsilver Armor, respectively
"Preciplatinum" is their commander running an Equip that is called Preciplatinum Armor

Sounds like you've done a great job fleshing it out! Where would it be posted? I don't even know where people go for yugioh fanfiction these days x3

• 3 weeks later...