Redrokket Dragon - card and original artwork

Rongaulius

Had a bit of artists' block for other projects I've been working on.  Drew this one to try to get rid of it.  It's considerably different from most art I've attempted before, in terms of detail and being much more mechanical rather than organic.  

Rokkets wouldn't mind having a 3* Tuner at all, but this card isn't usually going to be used for Synchro plays.  Rokkets have trouble playing the grind game unless you're running a pure build, but even pure builds tend to struggle if your opponent has ways to remove your cards without destroying them.  Redrokket lets you recur monsters from the GY on two separate turns, as well as being a free SS.  The effect it grants if used as Link Material is there to help proc your other Rokket effects; the effect it grants to your Link monster is negligible, but that effect lets your Rokkets nuke themselves to activate their own effects.

RedrokketDragon.thumb.jpeg.0bd29f6bada270785ca3f82f1c397e69.jpeg

Redrokket Dragon - Dragon/Tuner/Effect, 3*, DARK, ATK 1200, DEF 1800.
"If you control a DARK Dragon monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Summon “Redrokket Dragon” once per turn this way. You can banish this card from your GY, OR shuffle this banished card into the Deck; Special Summon 1 “Rokket” monster from your GY. A DARK Dragon Link Monster that was Link Summoned using this card as Link Material gains this effect:
Once per turn (Quick Effect:) You can target 1 monster on the field; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that target’s Level/Rank x200."

• Like 1

Thanks!  Appreciate the kind words.  Legacy support should never replace the cards it is supposed to support; at that point you're just making a new archetype.

I thought I put a hard OPT clause on the GY effect, but apparrently I didn't.  Without which this card is infinitely spammable...that's getting changed when I have the chance.

Edited by Rongaulius