[Remake] [15th Anniversary Special] Formula 1 - 2009 Season

White Zeraora

I don't think there's any old timers left on this site, but if you remember from when I first joined YCM in 2009, under the name "Stereo", the first cards I ever posted were based on that year's Formula 1 season. Those cards were very bad, to be honest, as I was a 13 year old middle schooler at the time and had absolutely no idea of how to make a good card, let alone an entire archetype.

15 years later, the F1 cards have evolved into something I can be proud of, and something I can say I love doing and will probably keep doing until either YCM dies for good or I grow out of watching F1, and to be honest the former is much more likely to happen.

With that in mind, I thought that after all these years, it's time to go back to where it all started, and give my first ever F1 cards a do-over with the knowledge I've gained over the years, to make them something that can do the 2009 season justice. And so, here we go:

09c76jO.png

Formula 1 BMW Sauber F1.09
Machine/Effect/LIGHT/Level 6
ATK 2000/DEF 1500

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Destroy 1 card your opponent controls. If another "Formula 1" monster is Tributed while this card is face-up on the field: You can add 1 Level 6 "Formula 1" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Formula 1 BMW Sauber F1.09", then you can Normal Summon 1 additional time this turn (you can only gain this effect once per turn). You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 BMW Sauber F1.09" once per turn.

ZUE3YCj.png

Formula 1 Brawn GP BGP 001
Machine/Effect/LIGHT/Level 8
ATK 3000/DEF 2000

Cannot be Special Summoned. This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. Your opponent cannot activate cards/effects unless they target a "Formula 1" monster you ocntrol. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards/effects until the end of the Damage Step. (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Formula 1" monster in your GY; Special Summon that target. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Formula 1" monster from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Formula 1 Brawn GP BGP 001" once per turn.

PUwN4lo.png

Formula 1 Ferrari F60
Machine/Effect/FIRE/Level 6
ATK 2200/DEF 1500

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 "Formula 1" monster in your GY; add it to your hand. If another "Formula 1" monster is Tributed while this card is face-up on the field: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck, then you can Normal Summon 1 additional time this turn (you can only gain this effect once per turn). You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Ferrari F60" once per turn.

4E98jvm.png

Formula 1 Force India VJM02
Machine/Effect/LIGHT/Level 4
ATK 1400/DEF 1000

When you Normal Summon a Level 4 "Formula 1" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Special Summon "Formula 1 Force India VJM02" once per turn this way. If this card is Tributed: All "Formula 1" monsters you currently control gain 800 ATK until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Force India VJM02" once per turn.

jNf3jgq.png

Formula 1 McLaren MP4-24
Machine/Effect/EARTH/Level 6
ATK 2300/DEF 1500

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Your opponent discards 1 random card. If another "Formula 1" monster is Tributed while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck, face-down, then you can Normal Summon 1 additional time this turn (you can only gain this effect once per turn). You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 McLaren MP4-24" once per turn.

dO1mb2k.png

Formula 1 Red Bull RB5
Machine/Effect/WATER/Level 8
ATK 2800/DEF 2000

You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Level 6 "Formula 1" monster. Neither player can Special Summon monsters from the hand, nor activate the effects of monsters from the hand, except "Formula 1" monsters. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks a monster: You can activate this effect; That monster loses 1000 ATK, and if it does, any battle damage your opponent takes from this battle is doubled. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Formula 1" monster from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Formula 1 Red Bull RB5" once per turn.

AxeODmC.png

Formula 1 Renault R29
Machine/Effect/LIGHT/Level 4
ATK 1500/DEF 1000

If you would Tribute Summon a "Formula 1" monster, you can banish this card from your GY as 1 of the Tributes required. When your opponent activates the effect of a card that is already face-up on the field and targets a "Formula 1" monster you control: You can send this card from your hand to the GY; Negate that effect, also neither player can activate cards/effects with that name for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Renault R29" once per turn.

gn1y0RE.png

Formula 1 Toro Rosso STR4
Machine/Effect/FIRE/Level 4
ATK 1300/DEF 1000

This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a "Formula 1" monster. If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Formula 1" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Formula 1 Toro Rosso STR4". (Quick Effect): If you control another "Formula 1" monster with a different name, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 "Formula 1" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Toro Rosso STR4" once per turn.

lMA6Xeu.png

Formula 1 Toyota TF109
Machine/Effect/FIRE/Level 6
ATK 2100/DEF 1500

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Formula 1" card on the field. If another "Formula 1" monster is Tributed while this card is face-up on the field: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Tributed monster's original ATK, then you can Normal Summon 1 additional time this turn (you can only gain this effect once per turn). You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Toyota TF109" once per turn.

2f1k7yE.png

Formula 1 Williams FW31
Machine/Effect/WATER/Level 4
ATK 1600/DEF 1000

Your opponent cannot target "Formula 1" monsters you control for attacks, except this one. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 "Formula 1" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Formula 1" monster from your Deck that is 2 Levels higher than the Tributed monster. You can only use this effect of "Formula 1 Williams FW31" once per turn.

Expand the quote to view the cards.

As I explained before, the original 2009 cards were made by 2009 me, a 13 year old middle schooler that was dumb as a brick when it came to making proper Yugioh cards, meaning the original cards had no theme at all and were just random stuff thrown together. So the new 2009 cards were made with an actual theme in mind. This is a Deck that focuses on Tribute Summoning, so most of these guys have effects to help that. The lower tier Level 4 monsters have effects to aid in bringing out the higher level monsters. The mid tier Level 6 monsters all have one effect that activates when they're Tribute Summoned, and another that activates when another F1 monster is tributed while they are already on the field, which not only has a benefit such as spot removal or inflicting damage, it also grants you an extra Normal Summon. Red Bull and Brawn GP, the Level 8 monsters, are the bosses of the Deck and your win conditions, so you want to get them out quickly. Brawn GP can revive other monsters to keep the speed going, while Red Bull functions as a floodgate, and they both float into Level 4s when they leave the field to start the cycle over again.

• 3 weeks later...