Necroworld (Zombie World 2)

KH911

I'm a huge Zombie fan, several of my favourite decks are Zombies (Mayakashi, Skull Servant, Vampire). I also love all the Zombie World centered cards (Necroworld Banshee, Balerdroch, Glow-up Bloom), but frankly, I hate Zombie World. That card's useless outside of floodgating Floowandareeze, and the fringe cases where monster type matters. So I decided to remake Zombie World to provide some real benefit without it being a floodgate (feedback is appreciated):

Necroworld.thumb.jpeg.8353525d56c9b17ecac965841bc10e96.jpeg

Necroworld

Field Spell

(This card is always treated as "Zombie World")

You can only activate 1 "Necroworld" per turn.

1. All monsters on the field and in the GYs become Zombies.

2. When this card is activated: You can Destroy all monsters on the field and special summon the Destroyed monsters. Then, if you control no monsters: Negate the summoned monsters' effects.

3. Each turn, the first time each player summons a Zombie(s): Dump an equal number of Zombies.

4. If this card leaves the field: Summon a Zombie from deck.

PS. I probably made this too strong. I don't mind balancing the card using feedback, but I want to keep the actual effects mostly the same.

Edited by KH911
  • Like 1

Completely agreed with your criticisms of Zombie World. I love the card, but it's basically useless xD

This card is awesome, it just runs the risk of maybe being too awesome. Effect (3) could use more clarification. Personally I feel like effect (2) is too strong in conjunction with effect (3), but I may be misunderstanding. Do the re-summoned monsters return to the same place? Or does the controller get them?

38 minutes ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

Completely agreed with your criticisms of Zombie World. I love the card, but it's basically useless xD

This card is awesome, it just runs the risk of maybe being too awesome. Effect (3) could use more clarification. Personally I feel like effect (2) is too strong in conjunction with effect (3), but I may be misunderstanding. Do the re-summoned monsters return to the same place? Or does the controller get them?

Effect 2 re-summons the monsters to the same place, so the opponent still keeps them, but it triggers effect 3 to dump x amount of zombies. With the added bonus of negating your opponent's monsters if your field is empty.

As for effect 3, essentially it's twice per turn (once when you summon and once when your opponent summons). I initially had it just be a basic OPT, but my gut feeling told me its better to have it proc once from each player summon. And then it Dumps a number of Zombies equal to the number summoned. I hope that clears it up, and if you have a suggestion of how I could word the effect better that would be great.

Edited by KH911
  • Like 1

Necroworld

Field Spell

(1) All monsters on the field and in the GYs are treated as Zombies.

(2) When this card is activated: Destroy all monsters on the field, then Special Summon those monsters back to their owners' field, and if you do, negate the effects of the summoned monsters if you did not destroy any of your own monsters.

(3) Each turn, the first time each player summons a Zombie(s): send a Zombie monster from your deck to the GY for each summoned Zombie..

(4) If this card leaves the field: Special summon a Zombie monster from deck.

I can't say the PSCT is perfect, but hopefully clearer ^^

36 minutes ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

Necroworld

Field Spell

(1) All monsters on the field and in the GYs are treated as Zombies.

(2) When this card is activated: Destroy all monsters on the field, then Special Summon those monsters back to their owners' field, and if you do, negate the effects of the summoned monsters if you did not destroy any of your own monsters.

(3) Each turn, the first time each player summons a Zombie(s): send a Zombie monster from your deck to the GY for each summoned Zombie..

(4) If this card leaves the field: Special summon a Zombie monster from deck.

I can't say the PSCT is perfect, but hopefully clearer ^^

For the 2nd effect, you're right I should mention that it specifically summons them back to their owners' fields.

As for the 3rd and 4th effect, I used the keyword system I created a few months ago. I made a post about it but essentially it's meant to replace common phrases with keywords to make card text easier to read. The keywords are words I commonly hear used to refer to that mechanic (reborn = summon from grave, dump = deck to grace, search = deck to hand). There's also no need to specifically say "Special summon"  since summoning from deck, extra deck, GY, or banished is inherently a special summon.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, lauryfriese said:

This revised effect maintains the thematic connection to Zombies while offering some beneficial effects without heavily relying on floodgating. The ATK and DEF boost to Zombie monsters adds a power boost to your field, enhancing their overall strength. The second effect allows you to perform a Special Summoning combo by targeting one Zombie monster and bringing out another Zombie monster from your Deck with a different name but the same Level. This helps with field presence and potential combo plays.

I'm confused...this card doesn't provide an attack boost nor does it summon from deck. Are you sure you didn't comment on the wrong card?

15 hours ago, lauryfriese said:

This revised effect maintains the thematic connection to Zombies while offering some beneficial effects without heavily relying on floodgating. The ATK and DEF boost to Zombie monsters adds a power boost to your field, enhancing their overall strength. The second effect allows you to perform a Special Summoning combo by targeting one Zombie monster and bringing out another Zombie monster from your Deck with a different name but the same Level. This helps with field presence and potential combo plays.

This text heavily smells like it has been generated by ChatGPT. I recognize that way of writing and this text makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by spixi

17 hours ago, lauryfriese said:

When I first read this, it was right before going to sleep so I was too tired to recognize it, but reading it again now...yea that is absolutely an AI generated message.

• Like 1